East Berlin, CT
Director of Specialty Services & Surgery
March 2011 to Present
• Report directly to the V.P. of Physician Practice Management and Executive Director.
• Responsible for overseeing a team of managers to ensure effective operations and efficient patient flow.
• Mediate staff problems/issues when necessary.
• Serve as the primary liaison between management team and senior management.
• Implement a structure for nurses to collaborate and communicate with nursing leadership to achieve goals and quality nursing care, patient safety, treatment and clinical services.
• Responsible for the overall operation and function of the Surgical & Specialty practices.
• Responsible for the day to day operation of sites and facilities operational processes and provide management, guidance and direction to the organizations manager and staff support.
Director of Admissions
February 2010 to May 2010
• Responsible for the development and implementation of quarterly sales plan, management of referrals, admissions process and maintaining census at budgeted levels.
• Managed long and short term inquiries to establish relationships resulting in quality admissions.
• Provided tours of facility to perspective families fully explaining services; built relationships with hospitals and physician offices to promote referrals.
• Planned and coordinated special events.
Practice Administrator-Director of Operations
February 1999 to February 2010
• Responsible for the daily operations of seven Internal Medicine and Surgical Practices; verified operations were in compliance with rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and protocols.
• Chief liaison between Corporate Compliance, Administration, and all practice locations.
• Assessed internal controls, streamlined processes, and appropriated utilization of resources.
• Conducted monthly documentation audits on all E/M coding providing data and reports as required to support administration, perform improvement goals and train staff and physician
• Provided support for end users via training and documentation; logging, tracking and issue resolution; provided assistance with analysis and documentation of EMR system requirements including clinical documentation, template management and work flow process design
• Coordinated EMR upgrades working closely with IT department and vendor.
• Assisted physicians with template design.
• First point of contact for all hardware and interface related issues.
• Coordinated new user access and security levels as EMR Security Officer.
• Provided Formulate, evaluated EMR P&P and fulfilled practice compliance auditing functions.
• Attended Medicare Boot Camp-Physician Service version; received Certification.
• Attended 9th International Summit on Redesigning the Clinical Office Practice.
• eCornell course titled, Overcoming Barriers to Successful Management; received Certification.
• Responsible for the implementation of the EMR system at multiple practice locations.
February 1997 to January 1999
• Responsible for charge entry, payment posting, and insurance follow-up; performed special projects as assigned working closely with community based physicians.
Medical Assistant, OB/GYN
June 1986 to February 1997
• Responsible for a variety of patient care functions; assisted in surgical procedures, vital signs, Non-Stress Tests, Ultrasounds, and Glucose Testing.
• Trained and mentored all new hires
• Responsible for the billing and collection processes.
• Responsible for inventory and ordering of medical supplies.
• Ensured credentialing and licensing were updated as to state and federal guidelines.
Associate in Medical Assistant Program
Bachelors in HealthCare Administration
• Proven manager with 20+ years in healthcare providing direction and administration of operations for ancillary departments, productive management, and new service line development; ensures high quality health care delivered meeting/exceeding set standards.
• Mentor who develops and promotes staff members and drives retention to ensure efficiently qualified clinical and clerical staff to deliver efficient patient care.
• Prepares and adheres to annual operating budget for departments; meets financial objectives in all areas of responsibility along with program growth and development.
• Ability to establish/monitor compliance with effective medical record documentation system.
• Evaluates market studies and develops clinical programs to meet community needs; promotes expert customer service throughout the facility.
• Serves as liaison between staff members and physicians; oversees daily staffing with managers; develops/implements multi-hospital system physician and allied health protocols.
• Cooperates and collaborates with other departments to provide interdisciplinary coordination.
• Adheres to performance standards of regulatory agencies and recognized standards of care.
• Created Hospitalist Program and Community Practice brochures.