Project management or technical staff position with a corporate enterprise that seeks to utilize my skills and experience in building solid profit making teams, driving operational excellence, and providing world-class services to clients.
Profile of Qualifications
PMP-certified top performer experienced in large-scale public-sector environments encompassing the intelligence community and Department of Defense. Integral leader with a rich mix of experience in large-scale operational optimization, including designing, developing, and implementing forward-thinking continuous improvement processes for projects to achieve key growth and showcases an ability to see the -big picture- in high-pressure situations. Objective and progressive self-starter who makes decisions to reflect positively on operational well-being, and supports quality recruitment to encourage diversity, low turnover, and team loyalty to produce extraordinary results.
Active TS/SCI Clearance w/CI Polygraph
Key Areas of Expertise
* Project Management
*Team Building / Training
*Client Relations Management
*Organizational Change Management
April 2012 to Present
Independent contractor providing project management, proposal management and technical consulting support to businesses serving National Intelligence Community and military clients.
Principal/Proposal Manager, SRA Health T4/VRM Program Management Office (PMO)
August 2009 to March 2012
Led SRA proposals against U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs' task orders and marketing Requests for Information from inception to completion. Supervised proposal content development and ensured the integration, consistency, quality and timeliness of all proposal components created by the proposal team. Temporary position to support PMO stand-up.
* Developed and piloted subcontractor teaming selection tool and selection criteria based upon a weighted score model.
* Developed and drafted customized teaming agreements for SRA Health T4/VRM PMO use as Organizational Process Assets.
Principal/Project Team Leader, New Campus East Deployment Planning & Execution
August 2009 to November 2011
Promoted to Principal, managed 26-member contractor team providing multi-tiered and multi-disciplined program management staff services as part of the $43.6-million NDPE Project which successfully planned and executed the deployment of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) from multiple locations to its new campus in Springfield, VA. Oversaw and provided subject matter expertise to operations and logistics planning and execution; communications planning and execution; requirements and data collection, analysis and reporting; and stakeholder management.
* Drove project performance by recruiting, developing and managing top personnel to deliver excellence.
* Leveraged project management expertise to provide value added to integrated change control, risk management, scope control and process improvement.
* NDPE Team earned six consecutive -Outstanding- (highest-possible) performance ratings from NGA with overall average score of 98.9 percent.
* Awarded 2011 SRA Project Team Excellence Award.
Senior Project Manager (Technical)
May 2007 to August 2009
Expertly leveraged NGA mission requirements' knowledge to provide program analysis of enterprise-level IT systems integration and transformation projects / programs, including identifying gaps, dependencies, risks, and critical decisions across multiple integrated programs in support of NGA Mission Systems Transition GATE Team.
* Co-authored project plans and developed schedules for first NGA / NSG IT Technical Services Evolution Roadmap designed to help drive budget recommendations to the NGA Acquisition Directorate for future Enterprise IT investments in Enterprise integration.
* Led successful NGA Saint Louis Information Library (STIL) Program Information Support Plan Revision activities to meet Department of Defense (DoD) Oversight / Intelligence Community Net-Centric Warfare integration and interoperability requirements.
July 2006 to April 2007
Managed start-up of independent firm specializing in the delivery of a robust range of consulting services to small businesses including operations management, process improvement, project management, leadership and human resources development.
* Retained by US-based $20 million food services Company to advise on production operations process improvement, human resource utilization and workforce professional development.
Executive Officer / Chief of Staff
September 2004 to June 2006
Oversaw all finance, logistics, Human Resources, IT support, procurement, integrated change management, configuration management, strategic planning and customer support activities. Managed special projects and supervised eight person administrative staff. Interfaced with OCA Liaison and Legal Groups and Congressional Intelligence Oversight Committees staffs on a daily basis.
* Attained a 40% reduction in backlogged CIA deliverables to Congress through process redesign and IT optimization.
* Led OCA transition support to stand-up of Office of the Director of National
Intelligence Congressional Liaison office.
* Implemented quarterly budget reviews with OCA senior leadership driving reduced costs and adoption of best practices.
* Received CIA Exceptional Performance Awards for leadership and management contributions to OCA mission.
May 1998 to June 2006
September 2002 to September 2004
Promoted to Band 5/GS-15, directed fused (multi-INT) intelligence production by 100+ Imagery / Geospatial Analysts, Imagery Scientists, Signals Intelligence Analysts, Requirements Officers, and IT teams within continuous operations and crises support center monitoring political-military-economic indications and warning, as well as global support to military operations.
* Led the development and acceptance of two innovative multi-INT products that were integrated into daily TDOC intelligence production.
* Created lean efficiencies in intelligence production processes and improved quality of analysis by Geospatial Analysts.
* Awarded NGA Exceptional Performance Award for leadership in support of U.S. combat operations in Afghanistan and Iraq.
July 2000 to August 2002
Hired to stand-up an Imagery Analysis Branch providing current intelligence reporting, crises support, and targeting support to Pentagon Joint Intelligence Staff Targeting (J2-T) on worldwide strategic missile and Weapons of Mass Destruction proliferation. Managed daily production, assigned projects, reviewed, edited, and marketed analytic reports to customers.
* Recruited, developed and managed diverse workforce recognized by the J2-T staff for providing high quality
Geospatial Intelligence analysis and reporting, within five months of branch stand-up.
* Designed and implemented new customer requirements collection/revalidation and tracking processes significantly driving improvements in intelligence product relevance to J2-T mission needs and timeliness.
* Chosen by NGA Senior Leaders to serve on Panel of Experts which provided recommendations to the Director of NGA on reengineering National Geospatial Intelligence business practices to optimize the use of emerging Geospatial tools, technologies and future workforce skill sets.
Branch Chief - CIA
May 1998 to July 2000
Managed staff of 12 responsible for OMA's Outreach (Training) Program to DoD
organizations, In-reach Program to CIA offices, and support to CIA Faculty
representatives at DoD Senior Service schools.
* Expanded services to military clients by 25%+ by increasing CIA course offerings to military senior service schools.
* Reengineered internal business processes to optimize resources utilization and improved employee morale.
M.A. in International Communication
B.S. in Political Science