November 2009 to September 2011
• Working as an independent contractor in the service and repair department.
• Repairing of high voltage and high current power supplies primarily for government suppliers, covering failure analysis to source inspection of repaired units.
December 2006 to October 2009
• Worked on equipment used in the laser and optics field, laser drivers and optical detectors.
• Trouble shooting PC boards and systems to component level utilizing both through hole and surface mount components.
• Installed laser pigtail assemblies and adjusted systems to peak performance.
Senior Electronic Technician
September 2002 to December 2006
• Work involved troubleshooting circuit boards and final assembly units down to component level.
• Canberra Dover is primarily a defense contractor for the US Army supplying personal radiation detection units.
• The company was MIL STD 2000 certified and later was certified to IPC-A-610 and
• Reduced defective inventory that helped to reduce costs of units produced.
Process Technician, Technical Associate
1995 to July 2002
• Worked within an organization that achieved ISO-9001, ISO-14001 and ISO-18001 certifications.
• Received specialized training in surface mount circuit board assembly utilizing high-speed surface mount equipment.
• Performed in circuit testing and debugging circuit boards down to component level.
• Certified to IPC-A-610 and ANSI/J-STD-001A.
• Performed final assembly of cellular base stations and ran automated test equipment on final assemblies.
1974 to 1978
Automatic Tracking Radar Repair Security Clearance Held: SECRET
• Experience as an electronic or electro-mechanical technician working in a variety of industries from component manufacturing to whole system production.
• Received specialized training in surface mount equipment such as MPM solder paste stencil printers, operated Fuji CP6 and IP3 chip placers on a high-speed surface mount line.
• Have been certified to IPC-A-610 and ANSI/J-STD-001A.
• Worked to achieve ISO-9001, ISO-14001 and ISO18001 by performing both Quality and Auditing functions prior to ISO inspections.
• Performed customer repairs of returned product in a timely fashion to insure customer satisfaction.
• Helped to turn around and repair product within a defense contractor that reduced the total defective product inventory.