Authorized to work in the US for any employer
2015 to Present
Scottsdale, AZ 2015-present
A national leader in the family entertainment category with brands that include Fun Brands Carousel, Pump It Up and BounceU.
Develops and implements purchasing strategy to ensure best cost, service, standards, and balanced inventory. Purchases goods and services to support the corporate and franchise base while maintaining brand standards, observing trends and considering seasonality.
• Coordinates vendor relationships for new corporate locations with existing and new regional suppliers; providing start up assets and operational goods for corporate owned and new franchise locations.
• Standardized procedures, improved process flow, and implemented inventory system reducing commitments by 16%.
• Project manager for annual franchise meeting. Works with cross-functional teams to provide resources and costs for projects.
• Reviews purchasing decisions and orders to validate, acquires proper approval, and reports spend against budget.
• Improves brands by actively seeking out new or improved products, services or ideas.
• Evaluates suppliers based on management's criteria including quality, delivery, cost, service and safety.
Senior Specialist / Manager, Marketing Communications
2005 to 2014
Developed and executed integrated marketing communications plans for the electrical and retail brands. Role reached across all business lines to bring global branding and consistent messaging into focus for the entire company. Managed projects for sales and marketing efforts which include; ad creation, collateral, photography, production, social media, trades shows, training modules, video, and web development that meet the demands of various marketing channels.
• Interpreted data, prepared reports and presentations to clearly communicate findings and provided marketing recommendations for existing and new product lines in the electrical conduit and mechanical tube industry.
• Collaborated as a project manager with stakeholders, engineers and suppliers to create comprehensive product launches to reach both B2C and B2B customers. Worked with and trained sales teams, agents and distributors to improve selling methods.
• Built a leaner business through continuous improvement practices; resulted in reduced waste, improved accountability and results while maintaining a happy and satisfying work environment. (e.g., Invoice Kaizen resulted in a re-positioning of a two (2) person
headcount from accounts payable department.)
• Managed $2.4M annual rebate program to maintain margins, obtain contractual agreements and maintain sales-customers
2001 to 2014
A leading industrial manufacturer of galvanized steel tube, conduit, cable, cable management and support systems serving electrical,
construction, mechanical, fire and safety to OEM, distributors, government, retailers and end users.
Sales (Marketing) and Customer Service Manager
2004 to 2005
Aggressively pursued and acquired e-commerce sales channels including Home Shopping Network as an account and organizing
national brand exposure on a HGTV episode of Mission Organization tripling projected sales forecasts.
• Researched, analyzed, and monitored product life cycle. Marketed through direct mail, telemarketing, print, shows and web.
• Developed consumer packaging which reduced various box sizes for two standard sizes. Results reduced inventory costs, increased
quantity on precious retail shelf space resulting in a customer's labor savings.
• Managed a team of four and worked with multi-functional teams including sales, global marketing, finance, R&D, and manufacturing.
• Managed the import purchases from China considering seasonality, forecasts, international logistics, and global trade compliance.
• Implemented lean manufacturing concepts by designing efficient Kanban warehouse layout. Each station became a functional
business unit reducing floor traffic, improving safety, increasing employee participation, all resulting in increased production.
Office Manager and Customer Service Supervisor
2002 to 2004
• Streamlined office and sales procedures for a consistent customer interface that reduced inefficiencies, led to higher profit margins on existing sales, and drove new sales initiatives.
• Reorganized sales efforts by empowering front-line customer service team, providing thorough cross-training and implementing
accountability through the account management approach.
• Maintained product line database for big box retailers including UPC and GTIN (I2of5) creation and managing database systems.
National Account Representative
2001 to 2002
• Developed product and sales training program for sales and service teams for newly acquired product line. Implemented technology and expanded use of software features for efficient order entry, price coding and traceability.
• Pursued and managed government contracts for city, state and municipalities, including bid process.
• Forecasted, purchased materials, maintained customer base and reached targeted goals ahead of schedule.
Senior Customer Representative
1998 to 2001
- Dyer, Indiana / South Holland, Illinois 1998-2001
A precision manufacturer specializing in custom steel fabrications, machine castings and locomotive brake rigging for OEM customers.
During this period, I returned to school to earn my degree and took a position with regular hours.
Senior Customer Representative
• Successfully developed a program to reduce shipping costs by analyzing stocking levels, fluctuating forecast, and successfully met
five-day just-in-time ship window at a 100% efficiency for agricultural equipment industry.
• Headed the coordination of air, land and water shipments with custom brokers on international expedites, which required the accurate and timely preparation of custom paperwork for rail industry.
• Improved EDI order process by documenting and standardizing procedures, which resulted in error reduction. On the team for implementing QS9000 procedures for sales office and introduced filing method reducing time and waste in the accounting department.
• Effectively managed international and US accounts for class one railroads.
Nassau & Thompson, Inc. - Sales & Marketing - East Chicago, IN Prior to 1998
• Identified market opportunities and expanded customer base to support revenue and profit objectives consistent with the business'
goals. Increased repeat business healthcare providers by 10%. Designed window displays, store layouts and sale promotions.
Conducted presentations, created response systems for telemarketing and trained personnel.
Bachelor of Science in Business Management