Utilize my skills, educational background and experience in the field of Pastry to compliment the goals and quality of the restaurant menu in a timely and effective manner, while establishing superiority of gourmet baked goods through taste and aesthetic appeal, in addition to an impeccable work ethics & etiquette. I have managed a medium sized team of pastry cooks and have proven competency for organizing and producing goods and constantly making use of innovative techniques and the imaginative talent to create attractive presentations for pastry and exhibit proficiency in the manufacture and exhibition of original works and recipes. Able to plan the menu and the pairing of foods and desserts and possess a meticulous comprehension in the preparation of a broad compilation of baked commodities, including: breads pastries, puddings, cookies muffins, ice creams, sorbets and specialties.
Executive Pastry Chef
November 2011 to Present
• Helped Chef de Cuisine in his work and increase knowledge as well as discussed on menu planning and pairing of desserts with other chefs.
• Responsible for menu ideas, concepts and the teaching/training of all new recipes and procedures; also, carried out various tests on new pastry, dessert recipes and plate designs.
• Responsible for the quality and presentation of food leaving the station.
• I oversaw a group of five pastry cooks in the production of bread, pastry, and banquets at this 24/7 wholesale facility.
• Responsible for various apprentice and goods required in kitchen.
Team Member Pastry Station
April 2010 to November 2011
• Baking fine cakes, breads, and pastries.
• Responsible for all phases of bakery production, product development and training at this landmark location that catered to a very elite clientele.
• Create truffles and unique tea pastries for the coffee house.
"La Batidora", Co-Host
January 2007 to February 2009
Santa Cruz, Bolivia
• Organized cooking seminars for housewives, food apprentices and teenagers.
• Taught basic courses of pastry and affordable cuisine programs.
• Developed and created menu and was in charge of the complete T.V. production process for show including: cooking on live T.V. and completion of plate presentation.
• Responsible of cost analysis of menu, for purchasing of goods and other related tasks.
"Madrejones", Executive Chef & Owner
February 2000 to September 2006
Santa Cruz, Bolivia
• Created a selection of prime desserts, revolving on a weekly basis, selections include: cakes, cobblers, muffins, cookies, puddings, tarts, and created unique order desserts for special occasions.
• Responsible for all pastry and baked goods served at restaurant and catering.
• Production and fusion of rustic and international pastry.
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Spanish (Fluent)
• English (Working Knowledge - Conversational)