February 2014 to October 2014
Description: The project involves creating an Android library with APIs for developing In-Flight entertainment applications on Android for different Airlines. The library communicates with the head end to play movies, Audio and other services.
• List down the Synchronous and AsynchronousAPIs with the arguments and return types.
• Design the library with different modules and Develop the APIs.
• Release the library to different Airlines.
• Also responsible for creating the repository structure in the SCM tool SVN.
• Release the library as per the release guidelines and process to the test team.
• Provide support to the application developers during integration and testing of the library and debug and fix issues.
• Mentor the new team members to the team.
• Conduct interviews to recruit Android engineers to the team.
Senior Software Engineer
September 2011 to December 2013
• Design a simple In-Flight entertainment system to serve music, movies and other features onto passenger’s devices like phone and tablets.
• Develop a linux application on the server to serve music and movies to ten seats via USB which runs on Freescale i.MX53 QSB.
• Develop a linux application to get the system health status, and a linux application that acts as a system administration.
• Develop an android application to receive the movie packets via USB and play on passenger’s devices.
• Extensive experience in POSIX multithreading, multiprocessing, shared memory.
Was able to develop POC for the patented idea which was later developed to a full fledged product solution. Was appreciated for same by the management. Trained other team mates who joined the project new.
Android SDK, Java, C, Linux
April 2011 to September 2011
• Write the Acceptance Test Plan for the Mobile shopping application according to the UE Spec.
• Execute the test plans on the BREW MP simulator and BREW MP touch and non-touch devices.
• Track the bugs.
• Communicate with the developers and the OEMs regarding the bugs reported.
• Present a report on the total number of bugs and their severities.
QPST, BREW, QXDM, JIRA, MANTIS
Linux, C, Android SDK, Java, In-Flight Entertainment, Mobile Multimedia middleware