New Braunfels, TX
2012 to Present
Oversee activities of state-of-the-art simulation and force-on-force training facility for military, law enforcement, and security personnel.
* Develop curriculum to integrate simulation scenarios into military pre-deployment, law
enforcement, and security in-service training.
* Provide instruction in various subject areas for military, law enforcement, and security.
* Identify and implement emerging technologies to augment existing simulation capabilities.
* Conduct facility demonstrations in support of business development operations.
2007 to Present
Manage a security shift responsible for patrol, emergency response, access control and video
* Conduct investigations and generate detailed incident and shift reports.
* Assist safety coordinator with inspections and drills to ensure compliance with JCAHO and
* Provide security and fire safety precautions for Helipad operations.
2011 to 2012
Developed, coordinated, and conducted training for 50-member Protective Services
* Managed annual budget for training and life safety systems.
* Planned and conducted monthly training, including programs covering executive protection,
tactical firearms, defensive tactics, baton, and chemical agents.
* Acted as manager of the state licensed training school for Commissioned Security Officers and
Personal Protective Officers.
* Supervised and participated in protection details and high-value courier operations.
* Assisted MK Inc.'s international subsidiaries in creating and implementing training and life
Instructor, Navy Technical Training Center
2009 to 2011
Lackland AFB, TX
* Served as Certified Primary Instructor for the US Navy Master at Arms program at the Naval
Technical Training Center at Lackland Air Force Base.
* Maintained safety and coached students during dry and live fire evolutions.
* Supervised weapon and range maintenance details.
* Transported and secured weapons as required.
* Participated in Academic Review Boards.
* Administered written exams.
* Taught CPR-First Aid to staff and students.
* Acted as Primary Instructor for M-9, M-500, M-16, and FATS Simulator.
* Named Instructor of the Year, 2010.
Risk Management Officer
2008 to 2009
Conducted environmental health and safety compliance inspections at Gary Job Corps Center.
* Served as member of the Emergency Management Team; tasked with responding to natural and manmade disasters.
* Wrote, reviewed, and edited emergency plans for 1,000-acre, 150-acre facility housing 2,000
students and 700 staff members.
* Acted as member of the Center's Fire Department.
* Conducted accident investigations and reported findings to the U.S. Department of Labor.
* Provided Safety and CPR training for new students and staff.
2001 to 2009
Deputy Chief Instructor
2001 to 2008
Acted as Private Security Bureau Certified Manager and assumed responsibility for the all
training at the Academy.
* Instructed students in all aspects of TDCJ Correctional Officer and Commissioned Security
* Developed curriculum and created lesson plans, power point presentations, videos, and other
training aids for security officer training program.
* Managed student progress records, generated reports, and maintained student case notes for the M.T.C. Administration and the U.S. Department of Labor.
* Collaborated with local law enforcement agencies to provide students with opportunities for valuable work experience and offer support the community.
* Performed duties of TDCJ Registered Range Master; received certification as Program Armorer.
* Managed operational budget and equipment inventory.
* Provided logistical support, including ordering and maintaining an inventory of expendable
items to meet academy training objectives.
* Researched current industry trends; prepared proposals to gain equipment and training.
Peace Officer/Corrections Officer
1989 to 2001
Bachelor of Science in Finance
George S. Cheeseman List of Certifications Instructor Certifications: Firearms • TCLEOSE Firearms Instructor • NRA Law Enforcement Activities Division: Handgun/Shotgun Instructor, Patrol Rifle Instructor • Texas Department of Criminal Justice: Firearms Instructor, Munitions Level II Instructor • US Navy Small Arms Instructor • Texas DPS Private Security Bureau: Firearms Instructor • Texas DPS: CHL Instructor Instructor Certifications: Chemical Agents • Texas Department of Criminal Justice: Chemical Agents Instructor • Sabre Law Enforcement: Aerosol Projectors Instructor • OCAT: OC Aerosol Training Instructor Instructor Certifications: Defensive Tactics/Baton/Handcuffing • PPCT Defensive Tactics Instructor: Handcuffing Instructor, Baton Instructor • Monadnock: Defensive Tactics Instructors • Compliance and Control Holds Instructor • Edged Weapons Defense Instructor • Modern Warrior: Combat Physiokinetics Medical: • American Heart Association: Basic Life Support Instructor • Heart Saver CPR and First Aid Instructor • Texas Department of Health Services: Certified EMT • Tactical Lifesaver Instructor Certifications: Classroom • TCLEOSE Instructor • Texas Department of Criminal Justice: Staff Training Instructor • Texas DPS Private Security Bureau: Classroom Instructor, Level IV Instructor Armorer Certifications: • Glock: Advanced Armorer • Sig Sauer: P250 • FN5.7 • Colt: M4/M16 • Remington: 870/1187/700 • Smith and Wesson: Pistol and Revolver Additional Certifications: • Garrett Metal Detector Academy • Advanced Law Enforcement Rapid Response Training • IPMBA: Police Cyclist • Taser User • Power Point for Public Safety Presenters • Front Site Defensive Handgun Training • Emotionally Disturbed Persons • Active Shooter Response Seminar Safety Certifications: • OSHA 511 for General Industry • OSHA 2045 Machinery and Machine Guarding Standards • FM Global: Inspecting Fire Protection Valves • FM Global: Managing Hot Work • FM Global: Managing Impairments, Red Tag Permit System • FM Global: Managing Your Fire Risk with Sprinklers • Servsafe Certification • Stormwarn Weather Spotter Certification FEMA: • IS-00907: Active Shooter • IS-00100. LE: Incident Command System for Law Enforcement • IS-000015.A: Special Events Contingency Planning for Public Safety Agencies • IS-00240: Leadership and Influence • IS-000235: Emergency Planning • IS-000230: Principles of Emergency Management • IS-00022: An In Depth Guide to Citizen Preparedness • IS-00011: Community Planning Professional Memberships: ILEETA NRA LEAD Awards: Five Year Service Award for Christus Santa Rosa Hospital 2012 Outstanding Performance on the Safety Committee, MK Corp. 2011 Instructor of the Year, US Training 2010 Instructor of the Quarter, US Training 2010 Outstanding Achievement Award, Gary Job Corps 2006 MTC Corporate University Bronze All-star Award 2005 Employee of the Month for Education and Training, Gary Job Corps 2003
Areas Of Expertise
* Security Training
* Team Motivation
* Detailed Reports
* First Aid Instructor
* Problem Solving
* Security Management
* Team Player
* Procedural Compliance
* Microsoft Operating Systems
* Training Program Development