To obtain a position as an assistant store manager in the retail field where I can grow with the company.
Assistant Store Manager - Softlines & Hardlines
February 2001 to December 2008
• Supervised Hardlines and Softlines Departments consisting of 50 Associates.
* Processed and flowed freight.
* Delegated duties to Department Associates.
* Created weekly schedules.
* Supervised recovery of department.
* Key Carrier/Opening and closing of store.
* Maintained department budget.
* Increased department sales by 100 percent.
* Customer service.
* Maintained proper signage of department
Team Leader-Softlines & Hardlines
May 1999 to February 2001
• Responsible for merchandising and display of departments.
* Maintaining stockrooms.
* Flowing goods to the selling floor.
* Recovery of departments.
* Supervise staff of 20 associates.
* Customer service.
Assistant Store Manager - Merchandising/Operations
January 1996 to May 1999
• Supervise associates at the front end, service desk, layaway and fitting room areas
* Respond to customer issues.
* Provide adequate staffing while controlling expense.
* Interview potential associates.
* Conduct and monitor trainining of new associates.
* Ensure that all associates are following proper store policy procedures.
* Support and monitor all shortage related procedures.
* Maintain and update store logs accurately and timely.
* Coordinate consistent communication with Area/Department Managers on stock count status to insure proper inventory.
* Complete planogram logs and maintain Fact Tag Program.
* Provide and maintain merchandise presentation through consistent
execution of the recovery program.
September 1989 to January 1996
* Teacher's aide with the Gifted and Talented Program.
* Secretarial Duties with the Gifted and talented Program.
August 1972 to May 1974
speak English and spanish and understand Italian
Skills Expert level skills working with hardlines and softlines I have worked in Retail for over 15yrs as assistant store mgr. I am looking for employment in the Retail world or even the Clerical world. I have also worked in an insurance company for 10yrs but left to raise my daughter. All I ask is for a chance to prove myself. If you teach me I will learn and be 200% dedicated to your company as I was to all my jobs. thank you in advance for your time and cooperation . I hope to hear from you soon. Have a terrific day. 201-906-9096 email@example.com.