May 2012 to Present
• Family therapist with responsibilities pertaining to family therapeutic development for 30 - 40 adolescent residents residing in the therapeutic community.
• Lead therapist in multi-family group. Multi-family groups consist of 6 to 8 families in a group therapy dynamic meeting once every three weeks. Individual sessions are held with families between groups.
• Conducting family therapy sessions with residents and their families utilizing Structural and CBT methodologies.
• Prepare and aid in implementation of treatment plans.
• Assist in all household events as they pertain to family involvement.
Family Therapist Intern
September 2011 to May 2012
• Family therapist intern with therapeutic responsibilities for a household consisting of approximately 30 adolescent residents.
• Conducting family therapy sessions with residents and their families.
• Lead therapist for female support group. Group includes all female residents of the household and addresses issues ranging from domestic violence to substance abuse.
• Participating therapist in household groups ranging from parent support to multi-family therapy groups.
Marriage and Family Therapist Intern
September 2010 to May 2011
• Conceptual development and lead therapist for two (2) psycho-educational groups: Mother Daughter Relationships as well as a Parenting Workshop. Groups ranged in participation from four to eight clients per session. Group sessions included educational segments, group activities, and discussion periods.
• Conducting therapy sessions with individuals, couples and families. Specific therapeutic techniques utilized included Structural Family Therapy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
• Case load range between 6 and 10 clients. Clients seen on a weekly basis ranging from 8 to 10 sessions per client system.
• Liaising with various non-profit groups for community outreach programs. Formed a strong relationship with the School of Continuing Education at Hofstra University and the Saturday Classes for Young People. Various social services organizations, medical offices, and religious organizations within an outreach zone including Huntington and Cold Spring Harbor were contacted for referral purposes.
MA in Marriage and Family Therapy
2009 to 2012
Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
December 2005 to December 2007
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Structural Family Therapy, Systemic Therapies
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop
Languages: Spanish (basic knowledge)