National Sales Director:
***Specialize in new business development and target market expansion***
- Blended entrepreneurial and business management skills to drive revenue, market share
- Implemented strategic, concise sales vision by effectively training/coaching diverse sales
- Able to turn around lagging operations and position companies for consistent growth and
April 2007 to May 2013
Embraer Executive Jets, 4/07 - 5/13
- $191,100,000 in Legacy 600, Phenom 300 & Phenom 100 sales
- 97% of aircraft sales margin retained on average over term as function of list price
- Managed territory of 5 - 13 states
- Business Jet Product line ranged from $4MM - $53MM per respective aircraft model
- $21MM in aircraft delivery backlog for 2nd half of 2013
- $121.5MM in aircraft sales 80% or greater probability to close by year-end in Salesforce pipeline
- Managed Salesforce "CRM" database of 3,000+ accounts
- Sales & Pipeline achieved via concept selling of aircraft utilizing mock-ups, static and demo flights
- Consistently managed territory T&E to be at or below annual budget target
- Extensive public speaking, sales presentations of products from boardroom to large groups
- Managed domestic and international interdepartmental teams to close complex sales
June 2004 to March 2007
Recruited to return to USBEF to open a corporate aviation vendor finance division. $32MM in sales
- Multi-level aviation manager: established policies and procedures for aircraft valuations, field audits and appraisals as a correlation to credit underwriting process for $1B corporate aircraft portfolio.
- Authored and implemented branding of vendor aviation initiative at the OEM level. Created cross-sell between aviation finance, Multi-Service Card and Embraer
- Established international business aircraft finance channels through Structured Trade Finance Division and U.S. Bank's Dublin, Ireland office. The result of which, USBEF developed the ability to finance corporate aircraft globally in 2007.
- Authored the business plan, assembled a "cross-company" sales team and conducted sales presentations internally and externally in the USA and Brazil with Embraer.
- Signed long-term, comprehensive Aircraft Vendor Referral Program with Embraer hinged on innovative bundling of services and benefits to the Embraer customer through Multi-Service.
Sr. Vice President - Director Business Aviation
December 2001 to July 2003
Launched the start-up of the business aircraft finance division.
- Recruited and hired four senior aviation regional sales managers
- Captured Raytheon Aircraft account in first 90 days of business.
- Generated $135MM of sales in first seven months of initiative outside bank footprint.
- Liaison with Asset Management, Syndication, Private Banking/Global Vendor Division - Created platform conducting aviation business in Canada, Europe, Africa and Australia.
o Oversight/Interface: 150+ business development managers in bank and eleven subsidiaries as well as line of business directors across the subsidiaries.
2003: - $146,326,730.75 in corporate aircraft & helicopters financed
- $1,155,334 in syndication fees, closing costs & interim rents
- 95/5% on loan: lease volume ratio
- 254/300bps on same volume as average spread over cost of funds
- # of Transactions: 23
- Backlog Business: $20.4MM loan @ average of 251 bps over cost of funds
- Pending Business: $360MM
Sr. Vice President - Director Business Aviation
2002 to 2002
2002: - $355,311,861.60 in corporate aircraft & helicopter volume (In and outside bank footprint)
- 95% loans @ 268 basis point spread over cost of funds
- 5% tax leases @ 345 basis point spread over cost of funds
- $2.2MM in fee income derived from syndication, doc. fee & interim rents.
- Average Transaction Size: $6,966,899.25, # of Transactions: 51
Bachelor of Science in Psychology
1974 to 1979
SKILLS: * New Business Development * Sales Margin Management * Strategic Sales Territory Planning * Sales Operations Management * Key Account Development * Innovative Sales Strategies * Customer Relationship Management * Staff Training & Development * Sales & Contract Negotiations * Sales Forecasting
• Wisconsin Business Aviation Assoc. Award – Advancing Business Aviation – 2012/11
• Minnesota Business Aviation Assoc. Award – MBARC Forum - 2009
• Pinnacle Club – US Bank Equip. Finance – 2004 (Top 10% in national sales)
• Outstanding Sales Professional Award – US Bank Equip. Finance - 1992
• Outstanding Sales Achievement Award – US Bank Equip. Finance – 1991 & 1990
• Optimum Approval Rating – US Bank Equip. Finance – 1991
• Winners Circle – GE Capital - 1985
• Tour de Force Award – GE Capital – 1984
• Top Contributor Company Objectives Award – Walston AirBusiness - 1981
Commercial, Instrument, Multi-Engine Pilot, Basic Groundschool Instructor
Creative Leasing Seminar, Statement Analysis & Financial Evaluation, Presentation Skills, Negotiation in Sales Process, Exceptional Sales Performance, Group Dynamics in Business, Fair-Isaac Credit Scoring Seminar, Info-Analysis, TValue, Lessons in Leadership, Karrass Effective Negotiating, Target Account Selling (TAS), Ritz-Carlton Exceptional Customer Service, Becoming A Relevant Advisor ~ Harrison Group, SalesLogix, Salesforce
Community Activities: Past member of the Board of Directors – Denver Adoption Exchange, Past member of Executive Steering Committee – St. Cloud State University Avn. Dept., Aircraft Owner’s and Pilot’s Association. Founder, Wisconsin Business Aviation Association Charity Golf Tournament, Founder and Co-Chair: Stars & Stripes Charity Gala 2013. http://starsandstripescharitygala.com http://youtu.be/A_LAleRr_j8