Over ten years of experience in diverse industries including manufacturing, fulfillment, import, and retail with expertise in multiple facets of administrative and operations management.
Personal Assistant to Managing Director
April 2014 to Present
Assist Owner/Managing Director in building the backend of his consulting business, as well as coordinating all scheduling, travel, expenses, filing, etc. The backend duties include incorporation, legal, accounting, IT, Website building, social media, graphics, etc.
April 2014 to Present
Assist owner in managing abundance of personal obligations that distract from his professional
tasks. These include his duties as president of Rowayton Tennis Association, managing
maintenance and organization of his two homes, personal and professional correspondence,
running of errands for home and office, misc. computer projects using Microsoft Office and social media.
August 2013 to October 2013
Oversee Design and Production for 3 major men's apparel companies. Responsible for timeline
management through development of product tracking database. Work with Sales to develop
seasonal SKU plans based on sales history and current budgets. Work with factories on limiting
sampling costs, quality control and shipping issues. Report to CEO on design direction and
October 2012 to July 2013
Hired to support manager in the daily operations of this upscale men’s and women’s clothing boutique. The primary responsibility being giving our customers a unique and personal shopping experience. Duties also include open/close, inter-store and direct ship transactions, web order fulfillment, merchandising, inventory control and promotion of our store through Sip and Shops
and boutique events.
April 2001 to September 2003
March 2000 to January 2001
Sales Operations Manager
November 1997 to November 1999
June 1995 to November 1997
July 1993 to May 1994
August 1992 to July 1993
Bachelor of Science
Associate of Applied Science in FASHION BUYING & MERCHANDISING
• Human Resources • Office Management/Administration
• Customer Relations • Information Technology
• Order Processing • Internal Procedures, Systems & Controls
• Sale Support • Cross-Functional Team Facilitation
• Project Management • Lean & Efficient Staffing
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Oversaw office technology installations and enhancements covering PCs, software, hardware, and peripherals.
• Developed and implemented internal procedures, systems and controls.
• Created and updated sales reports to help management react to problems and opportunities.
• Managed multiple human resources functions, including hiring, policies, procedures, employee relations, compliance with employment laws, and payroll.
• Typed correspondence, prepared travel arrangements, managed calendars, and meeting planning.
• Worked with senior executives to facilitate ordering processing and order tracking.
• Coordinated with third party fulfillment partners to facilitate product shipments.
• Worked with overseas vendors and factories to communicate orders and to ensure on-time production.
• Tracked and monitored production schedules, materials planning and inventory to ensure availability of high demand items.
• Managed vendor contracts and compliance with performance standards.
Customer Relations/Sales Support
• Served as a primary liaison to Sales Representatives and vendors on a global scale.
• Prepared sales forecasts and presentations.
• Assisted Vice Presidents with new product development and product launches, working with sales, vendors and global partners.
• Supervised a customer service and in-house sales team, with a focus on service excellence and long-term customer loyalty.
• Worked with IT vendors to develop new applications, including product tracking database.
• Planned and organized sales meetings and strategies to support new product launches.
Microsoft Office Suite; SAP; EDI