West Bend, WI
January 2013 to Present
Manage client engagements
• Assign and supervise staff on client engagements
• Compile client financial statements.
• Prepare payroll quarterly tax reports
• Assist business owners with installation and maintenance of accounting software programs.
• Plan and facilitate staff meetings and trainings.
• Manage staff coverage of two offices.
• Work with President on initiative to move to a paperless environment.
• Assist clients with payroll tax audits
March 2012 to December 2012
Updated and reorganized company financial processes, including setting up and preparing account reconciliations, internal controls, and re-training existing financial department staff.
• Set up processes and procedures to better utilize financial accounting software.
• Set up newly organized subsidiary. Set up company and organized company in financial accounting software. Developed intercompany processes, reconciliations and transaction processing.
• Worked closely with president and project managers of subsidiary to set up appropriate revenue recognition, project management reporting, and trained CC&N financial employees on subsidiary processes.
• Facilitated monthly WIP meetings to gain information needed for proper revenue recognition on long term construction contracts, short term time and material jobs, and maintenance contracts.
• Prepare revenue recognition reports, reconciliations, and recorded revenue adjustments to general ledger.
• Prepared financial statements including divisional, individual company, and consolidated statements and management reports.
• Maintained financial reporting software on supervised maintained, user access, and set up.
January 2012 to March 2012
Compiled financial statements.
• Prepared business tax returns, state and federal income tax returns, payroll tax reports, sales tax returns, and personal property forms.
• Reconciled client accounting records.
• Maintained fixed assets records.
July 2010 to January 2012
Worked with the global technology project team to convert Canadian divisions from PeopleSoft to SAP. Process included trouble shooting issues related to divisional needs for job costing and setting up processes to record payroll expenses and liabilities for payroll processed by third party vendor without SAP formatted data uploads.
• Supervised the reconciliation and recording of transactions related to cash, payroll, and unclaimed property for divisions located in the US, Canada, and Mexico.
• Supervised accounting staff including preparing semi-annual employee reviews, providing training and instruction as needed and assigning areas of responsibility.
• Presented pertinent information to the global controllers group quarterly.
• Facilitated quarterly meetings with various divisions related to quarterly financial statement preparation and potential issues
• Improved the month end reconciliation process resulting in the elimination of material errors and the need for post close adjustments.
• Reviewed accuracy of financial statement data and uploaded data to HFM for financial statement preparation.
September 2008 to April 2010
Prepared and presented CPE trainings to firm staff.
• Supervised work of accountant work including providing feedback and training as needed.
• Compiled full disclosure GAAP compliant financial statements.
• Compiled OCBOA financial statements
• Assisted clients with installation and maintenance of accounting software systems
• Worked closely with business clients to assist with the setup of financial processes, procedures, and internal controls.
• Advise clients on issues related to income and business taxes and accounting principles
November 2005 to September 2008
Compiled client financial statements.
• Manage and train firm staff.
• Prepare firm payroll and maintain accounting records.
• Manage client engagements and ensure all work is completed timely.
• Prepare business tax returns including federal and state corporate, partnership, and sole proprietorship income tax returns, sales and use tax, personal property, and payroll tax forms.
• Assist clients with management of financial information.
• Set up and maintain client accounting software and records.
November 2004 to October 2005
Enter payroll, reconcile payroll to register and accounts
• Prepare commissions for payment
• Create Journal entries including month end accruals
• Answer employee questions regarding payroll
• Respond to sales representatives inquiries regarding commission payments
• Prepare information for sales tax returns
• Prepare bank reconciliations
• Ensure proper recording of inter-company transactions
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration