West Bend, WI
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
December 2014 to April 2016
• Manage overall general accounting, payroll accounts payable, accounts receivable, treasury and budgets.
• Ensure the accurate and timely preparation of monthly financial statements and related schedules.
• Develop and monitor internal controls.
• Managed the implementation of DayforceHCM a new payroll and human capital management system.
• Developed employee guides for DayforceHCM and delivered all employee trainings prior to go live and subsequent update training.
• Manage finance team of up to 10 direct reports and several indirect staff.
• Directed the finance team in moving to paperless processing
• Managed the opening of a wholly owned UK subsidiary.
• Administer Concur expense reporting system and corporate credit card program.
• Managed the implementation of new banking relationship.
• Coordinate annual financial statement audit and tax filings with external firm.
• Coordinate annual budget and ensure accurate consolidation and presentation in the financial statements.
• Promoted from Accounting Manager to Controller after seven months.
April 2014 to November 2014
• Ensure accurate and timely preparation of monthly financial statements for distribution to executive team and bank.
• Manage month end close process.
• Ensure the timely preparation of sales and use, and VAT tax returns.
• Manage bi-weekly payroll processing.
• Work with other departments outside consultants on software conversion project.
• Work with outside accountants to provide information as needed for the corporate tax return.
• Administer access to company merchant services processing.
December 2013 to April 2014
• Assist with month end close - post entries, reconcile accounts, etc.
• Assist management with reviewing current processes and procedures and making improvements as appropriate.
• Train junior accounts on proper reconciliation techniques.
• Work with business units to transition processes to shared services.
January 2013 to December 2013
• Assign and supervise staff on client engagements.
• Compile client financial statements.
• Prepare payroll quarterly tax reports.
• Assist business owners with installation and maintenance of accounting software programs.
• Plan and facilitate staff meetings and trainings.
• Manage staff coverage of two offices.
• Work with President on initiative to move to a paperless environment.
• Assist clients with payroll tax audits.
March 2012 to December 2012
• Updated and reorganized company financial processes, including setting up and preparing account reconciliations, internal controls, and re-training existing financial department staff.
• Set up processes and procedures to better utilize financial accounting software.
• Set up newly organized subsidiary. Set up company and organized company in financial accounting software. Developed intercompany processes, reconciliations and transaction processing.
• Worked closely with president and project managers of subsidiary to set up appropriate revenue recognition, project management reporting, and trained CC&N financial employees on subsidiary processes.
• Facilitated monthly WIP meetings to gain information needed for proper revenue recognition on long term construction contracts, short term time and material jobs, and maintenance contracts.
• Prepare revenue recognition reports, reconciliations, and recorded revenue adjustments to general ledger.
• Prepared financial statements including divisional, individual company, and consolidated statements and management reports.
• Maintained financial reporting software on supervised maintained, user access, and set up.
January 2012 to March 2012
• Compiled financial statements.
• Prepared business tax returns, state and federal income tax returns, payroll tax reports, sales tax returns, and personal property forms.
• Reconciled client accounting records.
• Maintained fixed assets records.
July 2010 to January 2012
• Worked with the global technology project team to convert Canadian divisions from PeopleSoft to SAP. Process included trouble shooting issues related to divisional needs for job costing and setting up processes to record payroll expenses and liabilities for payroll processed by third party vendor without SAP formatted data uploads.
• Supervised the reconciliation and recording of transactions related to cash, payroll, and unclaimed property for divisions located in the US, Canada, and Mexico.
• Supervised accounting staff including preparing semi-annual employee reviews, providing training and instruction as needed and assigning areas of responsibility.
• Presented pertinent information to the global controllers group quarterly.
• Facilitated quarterly meetings with various divisions related to quarterly financial statement preparation and potential issues
• Improved the month end reconciliation process resulting in the elimination of material errors and the need for post close adjustments.
• Reviewed accuracy of financial statement data and uploaded data to HFM for financial statement preparation.
September 2008 to April 2010
• Prepared and presented CPE trainings to firm staff.
• Supervised work of accountant work including providing feedback and training as needed.
• Compiled full disclosure GAAP compliant financial statements.
• Compiled OCBOA financial statements
• Assisted clients with installation and maintenance of accounting software systems
• Worked closely with business clients to assist with the setup of financial processes, procedures, and internal controls.
• Advise clients on issues related to income and business taxes and accounting principles
November 2005 to September 2008
• Compiled client financial statements.
• Manage and train firm staff.
• Prepare firm payroll and maintain accounting records.
• Manage client engagements and ensure all work is completed timely.
• Prepare business tax returns including federal and state corporate, partnership, and sole proprietorship income tax returns, sales and use tax, personal property, and payroll tax forms.
• Assist clients with management of financial information.
• Set up and maintain client accounting software and records.
November 2004 to October 2005
• Enter payroll, reconcile payroll to register and accounts
• Prepare commissions for payment
• Create Journal entries including month end accruals
• Answer employee questions regarding payroll
• Respond to sales representatives inquiries regarding commission payments
• Prepare information for sales tax returns
• Prepare bank reconciliations
• Ensure proper recording of inter-company transactions
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration