An 8-year veteran of the quality control and assurance in chemical and cosmetics related manufacturing, including laboratory, I am seeking a progressive position developing my passions in the field of Quality Assurance. Strong inter-personal and communication skills combine with solid problem-solving/definition, data collection, and concrete decision-making talents resulting in an exceptional professional in a competitive marketplace.
Quality Assurance Manager
2010 to 2012
• Create, update, monitor all department SOPs using ISO standards.
• Developed the company's supplier manual and distributed to contract laboratories/manufacturer. Assure that the contract labs/manufacturers follow the supplier manual.
• Modify/create all specifications for each product, and develop process to monitor/inspect/approve incoming finish products at the Distribution Center and components received at the manufacturing sites.
• Train Distribution Center Receiving, Packing, and Inventory Departments on quality packaging, FIFO, incoming and outgoing inspections. Create/distribute visual specifications for each department at the DC.
• Develop processes and forms for approvals for formula submissions from contracted laboratories.
• Communicate, site audit, and monitor 13 different laboratories and their manufacturing facility for their process of operation and their quality processes.
• Work with Regulatory, Marketing, and Brand Managers to organize, monitor, and execute panel testing for new formulas and claims for advertisement purposes.
• Work with IT Department to create software (HelpDesk) that can capture all costumer complaints from customer service calls to regional Account Executives complaints. Set monthly quality meetings to review captured complaints and initiate projects/corrective actions for each top complaints.
• Create metrics for supplier score card from the data captured by the HelpDesk. Score cards monitors contracted laboratories on their performance, product quality, and documentations.
• Assist with Product Development on new formulas for all three brands by communicating with all contracted laboratories/manufacturers and inspecting/analyzing all new and updated formula submissions.
• Perform 3 month Stability and Compatibility testing for new formulas.
Consumer Quality Investigating Manager
2006 to 2010
• Identify trends and initiate Quality Alerts, QC HOLDS, and Product Recalls when appropriate.
• Initiate appropriate Corrective Action Preventive Action (CAPA) plans and aid in investigation and resolution.
• Lead and/or facilitate cross-functional activities to resolve customer complaints in all areas tracked by internal application.
• Review and optimize corrective action system by training/educating all stakeholders and streamlining the process
• Build best in class competency in root cause analysis (lead, supervisors, managers, suppliers) in order to improve overall corrective action effectiveness.
• 8 months role as quality supplier - Analyze, inspect, and resolve (chargeback or replacement) all defects/discrepancies for incoming components (bottles, labels, caps etc).
• Update and monitor supplier score cards.
• Modify and document Finished Product Specification as needed to support improvement of customer satisfaction
• Track and report all metrics in order to improve customer satisfaction.
• Conduct and review customer surveys to identify improvement opportunities and initiate projects
• Manage QC laboratory and equipments
Quality Assurance Specialist/Lab Supervisor
2004 to 2006
• Analyze and inspect products at various stages of production process.
• Oversee all daily operations of lab technician including training and technical support for chemical production dept. (batch adjustments and etc.)
• Analyze wastewater and recommend appropriate neutralization of pH and Chlorine for each batch.
• Collect samples of assigned raw materials and perform analytical analysis to determine if the raw materials are in compliance with specification parameters.
• Create certificate of analysis for customers and document analysis results.
• Report non-conforming raw materials immediately to the Quality Control Manager.
• Review findings with local management via out-briefing meetings and prepare written audit reports.
• Support production and distribution with problem solving techniques and QA consultations on Quality related issues.
• Sort and file incoming raw materials with certificates of analysis.
• Evaluate all product quality complaints and determine necessary corrective actions to resolve the complaint.
• Maintain the Quality Assurance Portal with the customer complaint reports and other key quality functions.
• Work with Six Sigma Team to establish data for 3 inch compression.
2001 to 2002
• Sales specialist and customer service representative. I handled cash transactions and verified sales. I received the opportunity to enhance my customer service skills.
2000 to 2001
• Sales and customer relations. My main responsibility was handling the customer service desk in which I dealt with all types of transactions including purchases and returns.
Bachelors of Science in Biology