Seeking employment as a Communications Technician
Technical Control Chief / Inside Plant Chief / Outside Plant Installer
February 2009 to February 2011
• Managed station communications equipment to ensure that all components were operationally ready for use in flight line and station operations.
• Oversaw the continuous operation of a Nortel SL-100 multifunction switch, allowing for constant service to over 6000 end users and communications systems including residential equipment.
• Installed, troubleshot and maintained multiplexers, modems and various telephone terminals for business and residential customers.
• Installed and terminated over 30 kilometers (km) of air core and gel filled copper cabling and over 50 km of buffer tube, loose tube and shielded fiber optic cable.
June 2006 to February 2009
• Provided and maintained the multiplexing, trunking and encryption of all base communications in Al Asad, Iraq.
• Trained four Marines in basic communications, to include signal and data analysis, which provided a solid five man team for multiple operations in the Fleet Marine Force.
• Instructed the Communications Chief Course in digital theory, analog theory, time-division multiplexing, and basic switching.
High School Diploma
January 2001 to January 2005
Service Country: United States
Branch: United States Marine Corps
February 2006 to February 2011
Served five years as a communicator in the Marine Corps with one tour in Iraq.
Electronics Technicians Association Int'l Fiber Optics Installer (FOI)
November 2009 to November 2013
Successfully completed the technical examinations and requirements to be recognized as a Fiber Optics Installer (FOI).
• Knowledge of various communications and communications testing equipment
• Intermediate capabilities in planning, implementing and supervising of the communications plan
• Trained instructor of communications equipment
• Active U.S. Government secret security clearance