Cherry Hill, NJ
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
August 2012 to October 2014 (2 years, 2 months)
Performed and verified exception and special estimate and final retirement calculations to confirm accuracy of system calculations to pay benefits for actual retirements, disability, death or other special-event payments based on client Tribune Company or SCA assignment.
- Created pension payment calculators in MS Excel using Vlookups and macros as well as demographic data, actuarial data and available interest rates.
- Used PivotTables analyze payment data and create reports for client and other vested parties.
- Provided guidance and assistance with the administration of more complex defined benefit operations functions; i.e., death administration, early retirement programs, special events, or other specified operations that may be identified.
April 2012 to August 2012 (4 months)
Researched and analyzed participant data and pension plan documents for client Ford Motor Company.
- Completed manual QDRO calculations in Excel using research materials.
- Analyzed and reviewed incoming cases for reassignment.
Pension Administration Analyst (Contractor)
May 2011 to October 2011 (5 months)
Researched and analyzed participant data from client provided and third party administrator resources to confirm previously calculated deferred vested benefits, lump sum payments, and active employee accruals for defined benefit plan valuation project.
- Worked cooperatively with other team members and client McGraw - Hill human resource personnel to meet project goals and objectives.
- Prepared and maintained data corrections file of audited information for delivery to third party administrator.
- Audit of complex defined benefit pension plan calculation analysis including advanced spreadsheet calculations (transfer, rehire, survivor, disability, QDRO, lump sum, 70.5, etc.).
April 2007 to August 2009 (2 years, 4 months)
Researched and analyzed client benefit plan documents to determine participant eligibility for defined benefit pension payments for Fortune 500 clients including United Technologies, Northrop Grumman Corporation, and The Boeing Co.
- Assisted plan participants with complex benefit issues and questions.
- Analyzed participant case history and responded to client directed audit of pension payments and calculations.
- Used SQL queries to access and review plan participant data.
- Preparation and audit of complex defined benefit pension plan calculations including manual and advanced spreadsheet calculations (transfer, rehire, survivor, disability, QDRO, lump sum, 70.5, etc.).
COMPUTER AND SKILLS:
Microsoft: Outlook, Word, Excel (PivotTables, Vlookup, etc.), PowerPoint, and Access; PeopleSoft; SQL+
Emergency Preparedness Student Worker
March 2006 to January 2007 (10 months)
Researched and implemented comprehensive emergency response policies and procedures.
- Developed and implemented disaster management training for physicians, nurses, leadership and ancillary staff including an emergency preparedness orientation video.
- Researched and purchased medical and other equipment and supplies required to meet program objectives.
- Developed and maintained emergency preparedness annual budget and annual Health Resources and Services Administration grant application which received approval for FY 2006 - 2007
Health Information Management Assistant
April 2002 to March 2006 (3 years, 11 months)
Responsible for storage and retrieval of patient medical records.
- Ensure timely collection and processing of discharged patient records.
- Compliance with HIPAA and Patients Bill of Rights.
- Enforced and practiced JCAHO, State Department of Health standards.
Bachelor of Business Administration
• Financial Services
• Benefits Administration
• Healthcare Administration
• Risk Management
• Human Resources