• Excellent communication, organizational and time management, intuitive, and analysis skills; excel in both independent and group work environments.
• Energetic and self-started team player with capacity to work under minimal supervision; at ease in high stress, fast-paced situations with emerging and multiple responsibilities across multiple plays & departments.
• Extremely fast learner with the ability to adapt to any technically challenging role.
Geophysical Tech II
2012 to Present
Permian Basin (Currently Employee-Geophysical/Geological Tech II)
• Working in Petra, SMT/Kingdom, GeoSYN, SEG Y, Landmark and various other programs to provide support for geological and geophysical operations.
• Displaying data and 3D graphics to encompass Geological and Geophysical interpretations within the same display for correlation and further integrated interpretation wile loading culture, wells, deviation surveys, logs, tops, zones, curves, synthetics, seismic 2D, 3D, and other data for display/interpretation in asset team environment.
• Use Enerdeq, Drilling Info, Core Lab, Log-Line, Tobin, MJ, A2D, and other state and federal sources to data-mine information for wells and producing formations of interest looking at production, perfs, zones, and other data for potential correlation to current tasks.
• Creation of presentations among the Geological and Geophysical sciences to show landing points, perf points, completion areas of interest, frac impact to other offset wells, microseismic, design to maximize reservoir drainage and minimize impact to offset wells.
• Creation of 3D earth models to conceptualize interpretations.
Permian Basin & Granite Wash (1st yr as Contract GIS Analyst)
• Build by county & prospect; lease tracts, mineral tracts, competition tracts, unit tracts, correct parcel tracts, well spots, location, roads, facility's, and other O&G base polygons and attached to their respective database.
• Make E&P maps for Land with geological isopach, thickness, density, permeability, etc. with lease, tract, and unit overlays.
• Map horizontal wells heel to toe with perfs and frac radius to plan adjacent wells and field density permitting.
• Make 3D maps of field reservoirs and pods within, from Geology Department.
• Make CDC/expiration maps with deepest perf, and then create a field 3D model by lease clause for depths that would be affected by a CDC termination or commitment not met. (Field Planning)
• Create tracts, leases, and unit parcels in geodatabase & SDE to provide an on scale corporate view down to the smallest tract detail with respective databases attached.
• Currently extracting/updating Petra data (Thematic Mapper) to display in ArcGIS 10.1.
• Update Map from drilling schedule, well master, Excalibur, and other external sources IHS-Drilling Info-Brokers (Competition) for land review for farm-in/farm-out, AMI, divesture/acquisition, and open position's.
July 2009 to September 2012
Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, North Dakota, South Dakota, and
• Land Services Consulting
• Implementing GIS Data and Databases to keep track of the changing face of clients prospects.
• I also accept clients work with permitting, HBP, Cursory, Mineral Title Search, Negotiating leases, Damages Reconciliation, Due Diligence, Curative of Title, GIS Mapping, Managed Crews and Projects among other technical and operational aspects of the O & G business.
• I am very familiar with the State Laws of Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Montana. I am also very knowledgeable with section, township and range, as well as metes and bounds and direct and indirect searching of Title, including probate and heir-ship investigation.
Operated as COO and CFO
June 2010 to July 2012
San Juan Basin, Permian Basin, Eagle Ford Shale, Woodbine, Anadarko Basin, Ardmore Basin, Mississippi Lime (Kansas and Oklahoma), TMS, and Edwards (Louisiana and Mississippi)
• Operated as COO and CFO.
• Ran day to day operations on multiple clients, with multiple plays (Locations), with a range of work from due diligence through damages.
• Have hired and ran crews of over 100+ Landmen, GIS, and admin.
• Attended to all company's financials (payroll, accounts receivable/payable, taxes, ect..).
• Developed and implemented a system for the states of economies to include JIB Accounts, royalty tracking, Working Interest, production payouts, and other accounting software to show graphic analysis by unit, well or specific lease designation.
• Constructed online databases with mapping capabilities for landman and administrative timesheets, Project Management and reminder tickers for upcoming expirations/CDC/ well events & other burdens, required lease renewals, and other variables necessary to manage future payouts and/or scheduled events.
• Created and established a reporting interface for client management to compare and analyze broker billing and final products from a clickable map w/ summary page.
January 2008 to January 2010
Barnett Shale, Marcellus Shale, Utica Shale, Haynesville Shale, Fayetteville Shale, Niobrara
Shale, Bakken Shale, Gammon, DJ & Williston Basins
• Spearheaded Land administration, business development, GIS and management of land departments; Supervision and coordination of land and lease acquisition activities and unitization with geological orientation.
• Furnished community, city, and county presentations for both leasing and permit planning.
• Created and implemented Landman training course consisting of PowerPoint presentations, Socratic question and answer series, and weekly testing to ensure a complete understanding of the breakdown of oil and gas leases, title, curative and Landman duties and responsibilities in order to further lease attainment and contractor knowledge of Texas Railroad Commission Rules and Regulations.
• Developed systems to link GIS, county appraisal databases, courthouse records, and merge leases for mass community meetings.
• Developed and implemented organizational Human Resources database of 200+personnel for quick and easy employee/contractor retrieval in reference to client staffing.
February 2007 to January 2008
• Negotiated and drafted Leases, Assignments, Joint Operating Agreements, Farm-in and Farm-out Agreements, Surface Agreements and other documents relative to oil and gas exploration, pipeline and production activities.
• Helped develop systems to link GIS, County Appraisal Databases, Courthouse Records, and merge leases for mass community meetings; signed over 1,000 leases in one day with one brokerage firm.
• Interfaced with industry partners and prospective industry partners.
• Interfaced with administration, Geo-Sciences (Petra, SMT, Petrel), GIS, marketing and engineering staff; supervision and coordination of land and lease acquisition activities as directed.
• Supervised field brokers and coordinated leasehold activities with leasehold operations staff and other departments.
• Obtained and developed landowner relations.
August 2005 to February 2007
• Established innovative patent-pending technology using GIS Mapping which increased lease acquisitions exponentially (700 leases a month to 3,000 leases a month), resulting in the company securing a record-breaking amount of leases in one day.
• Obtained and developed landowner relationships for the procurement of mineral lease acquisitions in the Barnett Shale region of Texas.
• Negotiated and drafted oil and gas leases, surface agreements, and Right of Way and other legal instruments.
• Researched, organized and provided mineral and base title using information obtained from the county courthouse and abstract plants; resolved curative title issues; and due
diligence with the sale to Chesapeake Energy.
April 1996 to February 2007
East Texas and West Louisiana
• Prepared and submitted contracting bids for residential and commercial construction projects ranging in cost from minimal to million dollar, including oilfield pipeline, oil and gas drill site excavation, reserve pits, plants, meter runs, and compressor stations.
• Staked and built drill site pads, pipeline, reserve pits, water pits, lease roads, compressor station pads, and soil cement/lime stabilization.
• Worked hand in hand with oil and gas drilling operators regarding drill site makeup and construction requirements with regard to landowner conditions.
• Supervised teams in the set-up, building, and finalization of numerous building projects, including turf reconstruction, building construction and landscape consulting throughout the North-East region of Texas.
• Provided technological support and served as company-wide network administrator.
MBA in Masters of Business Administration
2013 to 2015
Bachelor of Business Management