To obtain a position with an organization that will allow me to grow based on performance and achievement.
April 2009 to November 2011
Systems Administrator and application support for many of the proprietary applications designed exclusively for the Federal Government and US Armed Forces.
• Supported applications include: DPAS (Defense Property Accountability System), CAMS-ME (Capital Asset Management System-Military Equipment), ATAAPS (Army Time and Attendance Automated Payroll System), DCAS (Defense Cash and Accountability System), DDRS (Defense Departmental Reporting System), and LMS (Learning Management System).
• Assisted with the redesign of the Learning Management System (LMS) so new employee's accessing the DPAS and CAMS-ME systems would have a better understanding of the application they would be responsible for maintaining within their agency.
• Assisted with the technical writing of new procedures to ensure that the documentation was written clearly and very easy to understand among various levels of IT experience.
• Assisted in the rotation of the 24/7 on-call service to provide outstanding support to our end users.
Systems Engineer / Operations Support
May 2004 to February 2009
Held a position as Tier III Technical Support to resolve issues with laptops, desktops, mobile printers, multifunctional printing devices, modems, wireless broadband cards, and GPS devices.
• Received approximately 30+ calls daily.
• Assisted with the implementation of SMS into the environment.
• Created and deployed SMS packages to keep systems updated.
• Assisted with the implementation and design of Active Directory.
• Creating image standards for the entire company and creating unique images for special groups.
• Made trips to remote office locations for re-imaging and resolving desktop and laptop issues all across the United States. This required up to 50% travel when necessary.
• Remained on-call 24/7 during non-business hours.
• Implemented process improvement measures by rewriting technical procedures, conducting hardware and software audits, and determining the needs of our employee's.
• Incorporated improvements to our security and network environments.
• Conducted hardware audits and controlled the inventory of computer systems company wide.
• Assisted with the Active Directory Administration by creating/deleting domain/computer accounts, login scripts, and administering the OU's for specific GPO's.
• Software supported: Windows XP Professional, Windows 2000, Windows NT, Server 2003, Dameware, Microsoft Office 97-2003 & 2007, Citrix, Lotus Notes, Siebel, Content Manager, A.M. Best 2000, AT&T Global Network Client, Nortel Networks, CheckPoint VPN, Delorme, Document Direct 2.2, ADP (PenPro), Marshall & Swift, Boech (IntegriClaim), MS Visio, and MAC OS X.
• Hardware supported: IBM ThinkPad systems, IBM ThinkCentre systems, Panasonic ToughBook laptops, IBM Servers, various vendor models of PCMCIA and USB wireless broadband cards, Xerox printers, Canon printers, HP printers, IBM (Lexmark) printers, various digital cameras (including Kodak and Sony), MAC G5 systems, and MacBook Pro laptops.
Systems Administrator / Technical Lead
February 2002 to March 2004
Worked as a Systems Support Analyst where my high level of technical expertise and my detail for great Customer Service were utilized daily.
• As the Lead of a small team, I helped to accomplish the goal of a 99% SLA resolution that was set forth by the Vice President and CEO of Greif, Inc.
• Answered phones calls from end users requiring technical assistance with specific account passwords, setting up and installing software packages, new and existing network and email access, LAN/WAN Connections, data backups, hardware configurations, and other various duties as requested by the Help Desk Personnel.
• Resolved 99% of calls placed to the Help Desk to avoid escalation to higher levels of support.
• As the primary Systems Admin for the IT division, I developed ideas which helped the company save nearly $80,000/year in the IT department.
• Assisted with the migration from Microsoft Outlook to Lotus Notes.
• Primary duties included: Answering customer phone calls, setup and configuration of all new workstations (desktops and laptops), PDA's, upgrade/vendor replacement of basic hardware components, provide preventative maintenance on all hardware, coordinating technical support on warranted hardware, setting up user accounts for email (Domino Administration) and network access (Active Directory Administration), installing software patches and updates as needed, imaging PC's, troubleshooting hardware, software, and LAN/WAN issues.
• Held the only 24/7 on-call position.
• Supported the following software packages: Windows 2000, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 9x, Office 97-2000, Adobe Acrobat 5.0 and 6.0, PAL Dialer, Extranet (Domain) Access Client, Microsoft Frontpage, Lotus Notes, Dameware (Remote access client), TrackIt, Baan IV, Procomm Plus, BPCS (IBM AS400 Access Client), McAfee Virus Scan 4.5.1, MS Project 2000, and MS Visio 2000.
January 2001 to January 2002
Systems Administrator / IT Lead
• Held the position of the IT Lead to ensure that all IT related projects were successfully completed.
• Duties included management of staff duties; hours worked, project management, Help Desk reporting, and cost management.
• Held a position as a Systems Administrator to provided phone and desktop support to troubleshoot network, software, and hardware issues.
• Daily backup of all network servers, monitoring network equipment, installing software patches and updates as needed.
• Troubleshoot and setup LAN/WAN connections in a Microsoft Network environment.
• Created laptop and desktop images per department function and maintained an inventory and backup of images.
• Wrote technical procedures for the IT Department pertaining to imaging, hardware, and software, and wrote the training material for individual department use.
• Paged by Support Center to handle matters of immediate attention. Held the only 24/7 on-call position.
• Software supported: Windows 95, Windows NT, Windows 2000, PeopleSoft 8, Oracle 8, Onyx, Citrix, MacAfee, SMS (Systems Management Server), Lotus Notes, Office 97 & 2000, Visio 5 & 2000, Project 2000, SnagIt, Photodraw 2000, and PQDI (imaging software).
Broadband Network Provisioner
December 2000 to December 2000
Broadband Network Provisioner
• Setup network channels that expanded across the United States.
• Primary function was to find the channel with the least "bends" and "channel switch connections" from the beginning of the network to the end.
Systems Administrator / End User Support
February 2000 to November 2000
As a Systems Administrator I assisted with the configuration and repair of POS terminals and individual associates' PC's, laptops, and printers.
• Supported MICRON POS terminals with touch screen, credit card, and cash drawer capibilities.
• Software supported: Windows 2000, Office 2000, Windows 95, Windows NT, Synchronics, Oracle 8.0, Personic, AutoCAD, Novel, and Groupwise.
• Ensured support of ALL hardware and software platforms to ensure constant workflow.
• Constant on call status while working with the EUS department.
• Received pages of High Priority issues that needed direct and immediate attention.
• Received calls of various experience levels. Prioritized calls by effect on workflow, and escalated calls to the appropriate department (if necessary) to ensure they received proper attention from qualified IT personnel.
Senior Lead Configuration Technician
January 1994 to January 2000
Held a position as a Department Warehouse Manager, for the Retail Distribution Center, where I supervised and trained 18+ individuals.
• Managed Distribution Center for the Corporate Sales Division.
• Obtained a position as a Configuration Technician where I obtained the experience on configurations of Hewlett Packard, IBM, and Compaq desktops, laptops, and servers.
• Promoted to Senior Lead Configuration Technician/Project Lead.
• Duties included: Training new associates, leading large projects, working with Sales Associates to complete demands set by customer, and to help with prioritizing orders via ship status.
• Assisted the Configuration Center with the technical writing of Policies and Procedures to help the company become ISO 9001 Certified.
• Managed project rollouts such as: Cardinal Health Distribution (created and installed images with customer software such as Cardinal Choice for pharmaceutical offices), and OBMV for the State of Ohio.
• Held a position as a Help Desk/Technical Support Specialist where I assisted customers, via phone, with problems regarding network, software, printers, laptops, PC, and various configuration issues.
• Elevated and prioritized phone calls to higher technical levels to assist customers with greater technical needs faster.
• Received a Hewlett Packard Vendor Product Certification which certified me in all HP desktop, laptop, server, and printer hardware.
Production and Management
1987 to 1991