As a distinguished manager of Information Technology, Retail, and Warehouse environments, I have developed an understanding of many aspects within multiple industry settings. Demonstrated success in managing Networking, Software Design, Quality Assurance, Product Development, Training, and motivational efforts. Well-organized, results oriented individual with proven ability to implement standards, processes and procedures that improve business functionality. Solid management skills, capable of leading and motivating individuals to maximize levels of productivity, while forming unified team environments.
• Information Technology
• Executive Management
• Retail Management
• Project Management
• Sales Support
• Data Warehousing
• Network Security
• Product Development
• Product Lifecycle Management
• Internet Technology
• Client/Server Technology
• Quality Assurance
• Retail Sales
• Technical Documentation
Retail Store Manager
August 2014 to Present
Responsible for the management of all employees in the effective planning and implementation of all store processes, including ordering, receiving, stocking, presentation, selling, staffing and support.
• Recruit, select and retain qualified employees according to federal and state labor laws and company policies; ensure store is properly staffed.
• Provide proper training for employees; conduct performance evaluations; identify gaps for appropriate solutions and/or counseling, up to and including termination.
• Make recommendations regarding employee pay rate and advancement.
• Communicate performance, conduct and safety expectations regularly; coordinate meetings and events to encourage safety, security and policies.
• Ensure that the store is appropriately staffed and effectively opened and closed each day.
• Evaluate operating statements to identify business trends (including sales, profitability, and turn), expense control opportunities, potential shrink, and errors.
• Facilitate the efficient staging, stocking and storage of merchandise by following defined company work processes.
• Ensure that all merchandise is presented according to established practices; utilize merchandise fixtures properly including presentation, product pricing and signage.
• Maintain accurate inventory levels by controlling damages, markdowns, scanning, paperwork, and facility controls.
• Ensure the financial integrity of the store through strict cashier accountability, key control, and adherence to stated company security practices and cash control procedures.
• Provide superior customer service leadership.
• Maintain a clean, well-organized store; facilitate a safe and secure working and shopping environment.
• Ensure that store is adequately equipped with tools necessary to perform required tasks.
• Follow company policies and procedures as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures manual, Employee Handbook, and company communications; ensure employee compliance.
Technical Service Manager/Owner
June 2008 to Present
Managing a company responsible for all aspects of Information Technology planning, consulting, training, implementation, and repair.
• Service technician for home and business computer systems.
• Recruit and hire appropriate staff to fulfill customer needs.
• Maintain marketing measures to ensure target customer base is being reached.
• Install applications based on customer needs. Train users with all aspects of the system application.
• Consult home users and companies on which applications best suit their needs based on information collected from the user or business.
• Primary duties include, but not limited to: training end users, installing applications, upgrading PC's, laptops, Mac's, and servers for better performance, virus removal, security enhancements for home and business networks, repairing: laptops, PC's, Mac's, printers, scanners, servers, and applications, and consulting on hardware and software needs.
• Windows Server 2003 and 2008 installation, deployments, troubleshooting and automation.
• Maintained 24/7 on-call service to provide unlimited support for end users.
April 2009 to November 2011
Responsible for maintaining proprietary applications in support of the Department of Defense. Obtained the required level of Security Clearance in coordination with DoD policies.
• Systems Administrator and application support for many of the proprietary applications designed exclusively for the Federal Government and US Armed Forces.
• Supported applications include: DPAS (Defense Property Accountability System), CAMS-ME (Capital Asset Management System-Military Equipment), ATAAPS (Army Time and Attendance Automated Payroll System), DCAS (Defense Cash and Accountability System), DDRS (Defense Departmental Reporting System), and LMS (Learning Management System).
• Assisted with the redesign of the Learning Management System (LMS) so new employee's accessing the DPAS and CAMS-ME systems would have a better understanding of the application they would be responsible for maintaining within their agency.
• Assisted with the technical writing of new procedures to ensure that the documentation was written clearly and very easy to understand among various levels of IT experience.
• Analyzed functional and technical system change requirements for application software systems to determine modification necessary to meet information technology user objectives.
• Clarified and coordinated system requirement with customer/functional representatives and senior information technology specialists.
• Identified alternative approaches to the design of proposed system modifications.
• Participated in test readiness reviews and briefed technical and non-technical staff.
• Assisted in the rotation of the 24/7 on-call service to provide outstanding support to our end users.
Sr. Lead Systems Engineer/Business Analyst
May 2004 to February 2009
Responsible for maintaining the staff and projects of the Information Technology department. Also served as a "translator" between various groups within the company to align the needs of the business units with the capabilities delivered by the IT department.
• Led, managed, and overseen staff members in the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of server platforms, operating systems, database management systems, and data storage systems
• Planned, organized and coordinated activities according to the objectives of the department, division, and company.
• Responsible for budget goals and objectives.
• Offered direction and motivation to staff members, and acted as a technology consultant to division management and the management of user divisions.
• Assigned personnel to projects and directed their activities; reviewed and evaluated their work, and prepared performance summaries.
• Conducted technology feasibility studies for strategic and tactical plans and prepared acquisition and operational cost estimates.
• Responsible for the design, implementation, and administration of data management technologies and database platform support structures.
• Provided audit compliant systems by ensuring adherence to security policies, change management procedures, operating procedures, business continuity planning, and industry best practices.
Technical Lead/Systems Administrator
February 2002 to March 2004
Provided end user support and worked with business users to understand and document the business requirements, translated business requirements into product specification, worked with developers and testers to get the solution developed and tested and developed the training documentation to train end users in all aspects of the Logistics & Manufacturing functional area.
• Worked as a Systems Support Analyst where my high level of technical expertise and my detail for great Customer Service were utilized daily.
• As the Lead of a small team, I helped to accomplish the goal of a 99% SLA resolution that was set forth by the Vice President and CEO of Greif, Inc.
• Answered phones calls from end users requiring technical assistance with specific account passwords, setting up and installing software packages, new and existing network and email access, LAN/WAN Connections, data backups, hardware configurations, and other various duties as requested by upper management.
• Resolved 99% of calls placed to the Help Desk to avoid escalation to higher levels of support.
• As the primary Systems Admin for the IT division, I developed ideas which helped the company save nearly […] in the IT department.
• Assisted with the migration from Microsoft Outlook to Lotus Notes.
• Primary duties included: Answering customer phone calls, setup and configuration of all new workstations (desktops and laptops), PDA's, upgrade/vendor replacement of basic hardware components, provide preventative maintenance on all hardware, coordinating technical support on warranted hardware, setting up user accounts for email (Domino Administration) and network access (Active Directory Administration), installing software patches and updates as needed, imaging PC's, troubleshooting hardware, software, and LAN/WAN issues.
• Held the only 24/7 on-call position.
January 2001 to January 2002
Responsible for the design and management of the information technology infrastructure to support the Company's delivery of consistent, high quality service to its internal and external clients. Also responsible for the coordination of all IT operations, with the primary goal of ensuring the availability, performance, scalability, and security of the corporate systems and corporate applications.
• Led and motivated IT staff to ensure overall success of IT by communicating company vision and strategy, job expectations, coaching and fostering professional development.
• Provided direction for implementation, daily operation, support, integrity, and security of the technology and data that supported and enabled the business operation.
• Performed IT financial planning including annual capital and operating budget. Developed future roadmap for technology advancements based on business opportunities and identified areas of risk.
• Led large, cross functional software implementations and teams to enable business innovation and transformation.
• Monitored and evaluated the on-site technology support requirements to ensure cost effectiveness.
• Partnered with all functional areas of the organization and implemented IT solutions to support the company's strategy and growth to improve overall efficiencies.
• Managed request for approval (RFP) processes and overseen IT contracts including service, software, licensing, support, hardware, and lease agreements.
• Created and implemented technology strategies and processes for information security, regulation compliance, disaster recovery, business continuity, and enterprise infrastructure and business applications.
• Stayed current on latest technology trends and best practices to apply knowledge to the business.
Defined and understood internal and external customer service requirements
December 2000 to January 2001
Dublin, OH Broadband Network Provisioning December 2000 - January 2001
Responsible for provisioning permanent, interim and/or backing up secure network connectivity designed to meet the operational requirements of corporate and remote business elements.
• Defined and understood internal and external customer service requirements.
• Translated service requirements into formal orders for wired and/or wireless services from long haul and/or local service providers.
• Ordered, configured, and directed the installation of network terminating hardware (routers, access points, etc.) and created wired/wireless inventory records for auditing purposes.
February 2000 to November 2000
Responsible for all aspects of computer system operation and functionality in the manufacturing, sales, and corporate environments.
• Assisted with the configuration and repair of POS terminals and individual associates' PC's, laptops, and printers.
• Supported MICRON POS terminals with touch screen, credit card, and cash drawer capabilities.
• Ensured support of ALL hardware and software platforms to ensure constant workflow.
• Constant on call status while working with the EUS department.
• Received calls of High Priority issues that needed direct and immediate attention.
• Received calls of various experience levels. Prioritized calls by effect on workflow and escalated calls to the appropriate department to ensure they received proper attention from qualified IT personnel.
Warehouse Manager/IT Manager
January 1994 to January 2000
Directly managed the associates and activities of the Warehouse (for the Retail Division) and of the Configuration Center (for the Corporate Sales Division). Responsible for the off-site warehouse management when new Retail Stores opened across the United States.
• Held a position as a Department Warehouse Manager, for the Retail Distribution Center, where I managed and trained up to 75 individuals.
• Maintained orderly operation of all areas of responsibility; ensured that operational policies and procedures were being properly carried out at the warehouse level.
• Consistently achieve inventory control, productivity and expense goals.
• Conduct physical inventory.
• Participated in staffing, orientation and training activities for the warehouse.
• Served as manager-in-charge during absence of General Manager or other warehouse managers.
• Ensure that personnel issues are handled in accordance with guidelines.
• Ensure the safety and protection of all company assets.
• Traveled across the United States to ensure that products, for new store openings, were managed and distributed accordingly. Ensured inventory control of assets stocked in the off-site warehouse.
• Managed Distribution Center for the Corporate Sales Division.
• Duties included: Training new associates, leading large projects, working with Sales Associates to complete demands set by customer, and to help with prioritizing orders via ship status.
• Assisted the Configuration Center with the technical writing of Policies and Procedures to help the company become ISO 9001 Certified.
• Managed project rollouts such as: Cardinal Health Distribution (created and installed images with customer software such as Cardinal Choice for pharmaceutical offices), and OBMV for the State of Ohio.
June 1992 to January 1994
Responsible for associate staffing, landscape sales and design, and marketing of a small locally based landscaping company.
• Responsible for the hiring of new employees.
• Responsible for maintaining a crew of 15 people, training new hires, and expanding the customer base.
• Expanded the customer base through marketing, advertisement, personal and phone contact.
High School Diploma