Focused human resources professional who has experience working for a large organization as a human resources generalist. Effective in serving clients and meeting management and employees' needs. Demonstrates initiative in achieving goals and successful in building relationships. Has excellent communication skills and works well independently as well as with a team.
Human Resources Representative
2007 to Present
Recruitment, Staffing and Training and Development)
Served as principle liaison between park management and Human Resources to develop strategies to meet business and staffing needs.
• Pre-screened, tested, and conducted structured and panel interviews that resulted in finding exempt and non-exempt employees.
• Made decisions or recommendations for placement of hired individuals to best meet the organizations needs.
• Ensured offers and on-boarding processes and paperwork were aligned with the company's business practices.
• Accurately entered data and maintained files to comply with state and federal regulations.
• Participated in outreach initiatives such as college career fairs, high school recruitment events and job fairs to recruit top talent for the organization.
• Recruited interns throughout the country at college career fairs to make sure the organizations College Experience program was a success.
• Vast knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
• Delivered and updated orientations and continuing education/certification modules for new and incumbent employees and leaders to make sure the organizations values were being maintained.
• Provided training recommendations to department heads after observing developmental opportunities to improve employees' performance.
• Participated in public speaking engagements as needed to best represent the company and answer questions regarding human resources' functions, employability and the company's core values.
• Maintained high levels of professional and social acumen.
2000 to 2007
Familiarized new employees to the Darden training program and closely follow and motivate their progress throughout their employment to ensure the employees were successful on the job.
• Contributed to the gross profits of a Fortune 500 company through direct and persuasive endorsement of our products to simultaneously improve and enhance the guest's experience and meet sales quotas.
• Productively and resourcefully multi-tasked.
• Through tact and diplomacy provided courteous customer service to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Implemented and participated in teamwork and leadership.
M.A. in Human Resources Management
B.S. in Human Resources Management