A full-time position working in healthcare. I am starting school this summer (2011) to get my nursing degree and am willing to work any position available in customer service (or office) until I can reach my goal.
Nursing Assistant - Duties such as cleaning, cooking and transporting
February 2008 to December 2010
for a paralyzed patient.
Responsible for dressing, showering/bathing, catheters and bowel program.
• Experience with driving a handicap van.
• Experience with scheduling and answering phones.
• Experience with training and making sure people are comfortable doing their job.
• Experience with taking care of pets and going beyond normal "duties".
December 2006 to January 2008
- Successfully completed 75-hour Nurses Aide Training Program. Available for both physical and emotional support while helping with eating and personal hygiene.
• Experience with taking and recording vital signs. (blood pressure, pulse, respiration and temperature).
• Experience with elderly.
• Experience with answering call-lights in a timely manner.
• Experience with death and dealing compassionately with families.
May 2005 to March 2006
Mail Inspection - Checked all bar codes on mail that are printed off from the OCR machines before they
are sent to the post office. Mail was then placed in bins according to zip codes.
• Experience with working at a very fast yet efficient pace.
• Experience with a machine warehouse and how it is organized.
• Experience with maintaining organization with a high stress level environment.
• Nursing assistant - with over 10 years experience. Accomplished CENA training in 2000 (right after
high-school) and then again in 2006 after having my first child in 2004. Enrolled in college to get a
nursing degree this summer. (2011)
• Office assistant - learned how to copy, fax, create invoices/memos and set up binders for reports.
Available to help type reports and put them together. Also answered phones.
• Cashier - learned importance of carefully dealing with a lot of money. Took pride in making sure my
drawer was correct. Enjoyed seeing many faces and interacting with different people. Very comfortable
with customer service.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
I believe my experience and strong work ethics make me an ideal candidate for many different kinds of
positions available. I would be an excellent addition to any company for I am a hard worker and a fast
learner. I am always anxious to take on new responsibility and will NEVER quit learning!
• Possess great compassion for people in difficult and unpleasant situations.
• Deal with complex situations in terms of importance and significance.
• Have excellent learning abilties and a great desire to follow through.
• Effective in establishing good relationships with customers, supervisors and co-workers.
• Positive attitudes and a simple SMILE can really brighten up everyone's day!!
• Can easily create memos, invoices and other professional documents.
• Can maintain organization and simply love to type.
• Willing to share creative and sensible ideas.
• Fast and efficient.
• Positive attitude.
• Common sense.