Professional with 20 years of experience in hospitality industry seeking a position utilizing skills obtained in sales, marketing, office administration, meeting and event management with a dynamic and growth oriented company.
Assistant Director of Special Events & Alumni Coordinator
December 2012 to Present
Management and coordination of all special events executed by the office of Advancement and Planning/Foundation; organize timelines, facilitate contracting needs and venues for each event.
• Responsible for securing sponsorship funding and donations to ensure events are targeted to profit based on set budget goals in the mission to raise funds for scholarships.
• Maintaining expense and revenue; budgeting/forecasting reports for each event and work directly with Foundation and College financial teams.
• Implement and manage a strategic marketing plan for each event to include website, social media, press and event PR.
• Solicit and maintain relationships with volunteers for each event.
• Build community relations by attending networking events and utilizing the advantages of membership and advertising opportunities.
• Coordinate all Alumni engagement activities and communication.
Temporary Project Coordinator / Operations Assistant
September 2012 to December 2012
Coordination with operational directors while assisting in the implementation of new database and sales system
• Communication with fifteen countrywide distribution warehouses, order and data entry, inventory adjustments
Conference Sales Manager
January 2011 to October 2011
Manage and coordinate details for all corporate sales contracts, all market segments excluding weddings, including but not limited to: overnight stays and rooming lists, client agendas, meeting logistics, menu planning, teambuilding activities, spa, golf and restaurant reservations.
• Establish and grow sales and contracting for the market segments of corporate outings/picnics and project graduations for the resort. Present proposals for said market segments.
• Facilitate weekly meetings reviewing banquet event orders in detail as the liaison between sales and operations.
December 2006 to September 2010
Schedule and manage familiarization trips to potential accounts, writers and agents.
• Establish/grow the market share within the Corporate, SMERF and Leisure market.
• Creation and distribution of marketing offers concerning meetings and lodging groups.
• Develop and execute the Sales Plan to budget.
• Attend weekly meetings for revenue management and be an active aid in managing a competitive pricing strategy for lodging and meeting groups.
• Prepare and present event/outing proposals to potential customers.
609-571-0348 - mobile
• Negotiate and contract all lodging and meeting groups.
• Execution of all order facilitation and outside vendor contracting.
• Execution of all entry of contracts and products sold in resort booking/sales systems (SMS, Maestro, Sirius).
• Out-bound solicitation and attendance at networking events which presents sales opportunities.
• Schedule and represent Mountain Creek at appropriate trade shows.
• Establish and nurture co-op advertising with key accounts and partners.
Account Relationship Manager
June 2006 to December 2006
Managed a regionally defined and dynamic account list through telephone and email communications.
• Acquired new pro-accounts, approved membership, and established them as the primary point of contact for that account.
• Coordinated the Sales and Customer Service teams on all 'Pro' related issues.
• Worked with the Marketing Team on all 'Pro' related initiatives; to ensure operational viability and consistency of message and service.
• Provided an exceptional service and product sales experience for all 'Pro' customers.
• 'Pro Services' champion within the Sales Team and for the company.
Home Owner Relations Coordinator / Front Desk Agent
August 2005 to June 2006
Coordination of all contracts and home owner inquiries regarding the resorts rental program for lodging.
• Assist in all home owner communication and requests.
• Coordination of home owner presentations, update of home owner website and administration of home owner newsletter.
• Facilitation of all incoming calls through switch board.
• Booking of lodging guest and home owner reservations through SMS booking system.
• Fulfill all guest requests, check-in and check-out.
Office Manager / Event Coordinator
July 1996 to September 2002
Sales and Office Management
• Management, hiring, training and conducting of performance reviews for office administrative staff.
• Coordination of luncheons, dinners and receptions for select in-house accounts.
• Negotiating of vendor pricing and services.
• Reporting of monthly sales figures and analysis.
• Act as a liaison in all communication and coordination of activity with Paris based parent company.
• Administer weekly operations meetings, ensuring fluent communication between departments.
• Oversee and maintain the guidelines and timeliness of initial orders, invoicing and processing of all order changes.
• Manage and maintain company client data base and operational calendar.
• Assist in distribution and tracking of all event related inquiries and oversee company sales department procedures and client interaction.
Clerical and Administrative Duties
• Oversee and assist COO in facilitation of any sales related correspondence and client proposal generation.
• Assist COO with confidential company development projects.
• Administer COO's travel arrangements and assist with personal tasks.
• Manage and schedule employee vacation requests, facilitation of company employee vacation schedules.
• Coordination of special company events (i.e. Holiday dinners, picnics and outings).
Computer Skills - Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Springer Miller Systems,
Maestro, Database management, QuickBooks Pro