Combinnig Engineering analysis with operations implementation.
Proven analytical skills
Experienced leader of cross functional teams for Kaizen events and projects
Experienced at staffing and labor costing through time studies
Capital project management from conception to justification to purchasing and qualifying new equipment
Co-packer management experience
History of process improvement
Six Sigma Black Belt certified - applying lean knowledge for over 15 years
Over 20 years of experience in the constantly changing and fast paced food industry
Proficient with Word and Excel
Change agent for progress with integrity
July 2008 to March 2012
Established a roadmap for the cut floor operations to increase productivity by 9.83% over the next 4 years. This translates into an annual savings of $811,000 for year 5 and beyond.
• Increased departmental profits by $55,000 annually by improving the frank manufacturing process, through increased material yields and reduced labor cost per case.
• Led a cross functional work team to correct material yield issues in the fresh pork boning department. In a six week period the yield increased by $23,000 and has been maintained at that level
• Developed an Excel solution to enable operations supervisors to diagnose and correct departmental labor deficiencies raised efficiencies by 5-10%.
• Led a cross functional team to select and implement a system for tracking overall equipment effectiveness (OEE). Presently this system is being used to monitor and improve the bacon slicing process.
Church Planter / City Leader
September 1996 to April 2008
Trained and developed indigenous leaders for the ongoing Romanian Association.
• Coordinated partnerships between the association and US and Western European Organizations
• Raised funds for the association through an extensive support network in the US.
Wet Plant Engineering Manager /Dry Plant Engineering /Maintenance Manager
February 1993 to September 1996
Allentown, PA Management Experience
Wet Plant Engineering Manager /Dry Plant Engineering /Maintenance Manager, Feb 1993 - Sep 1996
• Executed in-house engineering project to incorporate advanced methods and capital equipment in order to simultaneously produce four characters and colors with a single extruder. Including identification of new product manufacturing specifications and equipment specifications.
• Contributed to a cross functional work team that identified training requirements for the maintenance department and negotiated the implementation of that program in a union shop.
• Led engineering department of 5 in the preparation and execution of $3-4 million annual capital
budget generating an overall ROI of 15%.
Corporate Senior Industrial Engineer
October 1989 to February 1993
Led the engineering effort to consolidate the treat manufacturing segment of the ALPO business, generating over $750,000 savings in annual cost of goods sold.
• Operations interface with corporate Sales and Marketing for new cat food roll-out. Coordinated new equipment installation to ensure compliance with initial demands.
• Coordinated co-pack operations to meet market introduction specifications.
• Led companywide industrial engineering efforts to ensure continuous improvement at all manufacturing sites through capital equipment projects and method improvements.
• Verified justification and feasibility of all cost improvement projects to insure adherence to the 30% ROI mandate in order to ensure the integrity of the capital plan
• Improved product consistency by leading a corporate wide project to establish specifications for all products through Standard Manufacturing Practices.
Plant Industrial Engineer
September 1981 to October 1989
Justified new equipment and process modifications to produce six ounce cat food. This eliminated the need for a startup co-packer and advanced the timeline for the nation-wide launch.
• Facilitated major project startup as liaison between engineering and operations to ensure attainment of project goals and financial timeline.
• Developed a model to identify capacities and maximize the throughput of the hydrostatic and crate-less still retorting systems, thus reducing labor hours and energy cost per case.
• Justified engineering projects to install new equipment for the high speed filling lines based on tighter net weight compliance specifications.
• Extensive International Loss Control Institute training from 1981 through 1989
• Earned Six Sigma Black Belt Certification - Jan 2009
• Currently learning Spanish
• AIB sanitary design certified