West Hartford, CT
Well-organized, detail oriented accounting / finance professional with extensive background in invoice billing, client services and accounts receivables, and intercompany accounting. Strong customer service and problem solving skills with the ability to resolve conflicts and follow through. Able to prioritize when changing requirements are received.
Invoicing Financial Analyst
2010 to 2012
Invoiced and scored contracts. Worked with cross functions, A/R to ensure received payments were timely, if not worked with customer. Reviewed invoices with executives prior to delivery. Worked with CIGNA, Iberdrola, Jaguar, and handled ABB - over $300M revenue. Worked remotely at home.
• Performed Tax Reconciliations.
• Assisted with open A/R item.
• Analyzed the contract portfolio to ensure accurate invoicing / billing and revenue recognition.
• Performed Internal Audits - always in a 'SAT' status.
• Obtained a high level of customer satisfaction, accurate and timely sent invoices.
• Served as peer review of other contracts to ensure they are being invoiced per there T&Cs.
1990 to 2012
Contract Financial Analyst
2007 to 2010
Performed Invoicing, (reoccurring invoices, variable / consumption invoices, time and materials). Created Adjustment invoice which entailed changes in consumption numbers month to month. Worked remotely at home.
• Developed Sub-Revenue Recon and Revenue Recon sub processes.
• Handled Backlog and signing - drives revenue, certification done quarterly.
• Ran pre-invoices reviews with clients.
• Reviewed invoices with management.
• Reviewed over 300 addendums - resulting in changes in the monthly recurring invoices.
• Performed Business Controls review of invoices - no finding reported.
Contract Analyst, Software Royalty Management
2004 to 2007
Reviewed terms and conditions of contracts before providing approval for royalty payments, ensured accuracy of software royalty cost for software group division. Processed journal entries to correct cost and reclassify cost on a monthly basis. Presented monthly measurements on Contracts Received and Contracts added to the Software Royalty System for the department.
• Posted quarterly Software Group accrual to the ledger and Hyperion.
• Supported financial analyst and Product Focal Points by running DB2 and Brio Queries.
• Coordinated annual Product Focal Point Validation.
• Coordinated the renewals of the DOUs (documents of understanding) for the department.
• Coordinated annual validation of Contracts on Software Royalty System.
• Migrated legacy Royalty system to new Royalty system, creating and implemented test cases.
2001 to 2004
Reconciled clearing and default accounts, worked closely with country contacts to ensure all items were cleared correctly and timely. Had to flex schedule to work with contacts in Europe countries. Applied unallocated cash.
• Part of the migration team responsible for a successful transition of the inter-company accounting operations from Orleans, France to Southbury, CT.
• Corrected miscodes via the ledger.
• Maintained Unallocated Cash Process for the Export Goods Process for the Netherlands.
• Facilitated weekly and monthly QMF queries.
• Maintained a good working relationship with in-country contacts.
Professional Accountant, ICAs and Ledger Analysis Department
1997 to 2001
Reconciled clearing accounts to ensure Export Goods Billing and Plant Relief were tied-out, CIAS Clearing, Default, North America Distribution Export Inventory Account.
• Worked with US Export Goods and US Export Freight Accountant.
• Performed error corrections within Domestic Billing system.
• Tested feed before sending to ledger and CIAS.
• Worked as Lead on World Wide Distribution accounting team.
Senior Production Technician
1990 to 1997
Worked as Technician operating and maintaining semiconductor tools / machinery.
• Selected and participated in advanced training on vendor's tools at vendor sites.
• Trained and supervised staff.
• Ordered required parts for semiconductor machinery.
BS in Accounting and Business, Mount Saint Mary
AS in Electronics
Areas of expertise
• General Ledger Entries for revenue recognition • Reviewing new contract / amendments for T&Cs for invoicing
• A/R Resolution • Monthly Payment Reviews
• Quarterly cost per division analysis
• Monthly A/R measurements
• Windows 98 / 2000/XP • Microsoft Suite • Lotus Smart Suite
• Alliant • DB2 / SQL Queries and Brio Queries • Hyperion
• IMSP2-Journals • SAP • CIAS