Talented and accomplished mortgage construction loan specialist with strong background in processing, underwriting, and closing of mortgage loans along with a strong customer service background. Excellent analysis, leadership, reporting, organization, and communication skills.
August 2012 to Present
Underwriting conventional construction loans for compliance with investor and or agency
guidelines. Submitted loans through DU system, approved or pend loans where applicable. Assisted branches with underwriting questions, scenarios and problems.
Maintained 24-48 hour underwriting turnaround on new loans and resubmittals.
February 2012 to July 2012
Underwrite residential mortgage modification loans ensuring compliance with appropriate company and secondary market investor standards. Manage average underwriting volume of 20-30 loans per week.
Manage mortgage loan modifications according to GSE and Non-GSE guidelines, Hamp and non-Hamp modification programs and FNMA, Freddie Mac, FHA, DOJ and SFO programs.
Collaborate with Customer Relationship Manager and Process Support Specialist to secure all required client documents within deadlines to ensure timely processing. Examine loan documentation for accuracy and completeness.
Approve/deny and make exception decisions on loans as appropriate based on quality and quantity of client documentation.
Mortgage Construction Lending Specialist
September 2006 to July 2011
• Obtained and analyzed all documents required to assess the risk in each construction project to ensure building profiles, plans and specifications and insurances complied with program requirements.
• Coordinated with the Production Team to allow timely processing, underwriting and closing of construction loans that carried mortgage accounts of $200,000 to $5 + million.
• Maintained a construction loan pipeline from between 50-165 construction files at all times.
• Managed CLCS system to allow monitoring of the status of each loan prior to loan closing.
• Communicated with borrower and builder regarding construction status, extensions, and conversion procedures to minimize delays.
• Acted as liaison with the Servicing Department, provided necessary documentation and addressed any discrepancies to customer inquiries.
• Processed construction draws in a timely manner according to company policy and procedures.
2005 to 2006
• Managed all initial intake of sales applications for residential and commercial mortgages of up to $2 million in high-volume environment.
• Analyzed and approved loan applications, including Fannie Mae, Purchase, Refinance, and other residential and commercial mortgages.
• Ensured all loans meet applicable guidelines and regulatory requirements.
• Prepared information for home equity pre-approvals. Handled approximately 15 credit applications weekly which included reviewing, approving or declining the mortgage applicant.
• Performed final credit and financial data analyses for underwriting approval.
• Managed Internet-based sales of health and nutritional products, with annual sales over $75,000.
• Performed all sales, marketing, advertising, ordering, inventory control, and distribution activities.
1997 to 1999
1993 to 1996
• Underwrote conventional fixed rate and adjustable rate mortgages, VA loans, new construction loans, and FHA loans.
• Maintained average processing volume of 10 to 40 loans per week.
• Analyzed risk for confirming, conventional, government, and non-conforming loans. Ensured all loans were prepared according to applicable standards and recommended for final approval.
1986 to 1996
1986 to 1993
• Served as a construction loan underwriter and construction loan coordinator.
• Maintained a construction loan pipeline from between 10 to 40 construction files at all times, with values up to $500,000.
• Reviewed all construction loan applications, credit reports and appraisal reports. Approved or rejected applications according to bank and industry standards.
• Reviewed documents prior to closing for accuracy and closed loans to ensure eligibility of secondary market sale.
• Conducted on site inspections of residential construction for progress and approved construction advances.
• Prepared construction interest billings, escrow accounts and mortgage payments.
• Streamlined and standardized construction loan processing across departments to improve efficiency.
BA in Arts and Sciences
AS in Behavioral Science
DE Underwriter (CHUM) K 530
VA LAPP 3431
Windows, MS Office, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook Express, various financial and mortgage software applications, Internet, and CLCS System. Bank of America internal Systems-LAMP, LMA, LMF,AS400,WPT, IPortal, Home Retention Systems.