Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Operations/Development /Well Site Geologist
August 2014 to Present
Worked as a Field Geologist-Consultant (Geo-steering) & mud logging - identifying facies, stratigraphy, structure, e-logs, isopach, contour maps and interpretations of different formations to determine productive conventional and unconventional formations. Consulting with LightHouse Geologist's, identifying tops, bases of markers and composition of rock and minerals to land in the formation target. Geo-steering and staying in formation of Cleveland and Tonkawa wells in the Anadarko Basin for LightHouse, a Canadian Company.
Operations/Development/Well Site Geologist
September 2012 to April 2014
Work with Geologists and Engineers on tops and bases of formation targets for landing the curve for horizontal wells, identifying subsea values of other bore hole formations along the well path, building prognosis, well plans, building 475'-600' curves for laterals, landing in target, staying in target area during the horizontal staying in high-hydrocarbon formation, Petra, mapping, geologic interpretation, logs, rock-sample professional, Mid-Continent. Directing/overseeing the steering of wells in Texas and Oklahoma (Anadarko Basin) to make as productive as possible. Midstates bought out Panther and took over around the first of the year, 2014.
• Operations management experience, directly involved with the day to day supervision of multiple wells and well site staff. Liaising, networking and development along with the organization of well packages, pre-spud meetings, arranging gas detectors, sampling equipment, sample bags/vials for upcoming wells. Scheduling and management of various well site consultants, assisting with other Geologists and Engineers. Invoicing, final proofing and editing of well end reports. Basically, responding to our company's specific needs with occasional excursions to the field.
• Supervision of well site operations, quality control with respect to scientific data sampling, analysis and interpretation of drill cuttings and core. Geo-logging and daily reporting to clients. Direct supervisory experience with open-hole wireline logging, coring, mud logging, directional geo-steering and MWD logging.
• Mapping, structural geology across sections, cross sections, coring and identification, identifying tops and bases of formations and differences between wells, Interpretation of well bore logs, (resistivity, porosity, SP, Gammas, Neutron, SW saturation etc.), Geologic interpretation, Structural and Stratigraphic interpretation skills. GR & E-Logs, Pore pressure knowledgeable. Petroleum Geology, Seismic, Petra. (Petra is an very essential tool)
• Highly developed interpersonal communication skills to effectively work in a team atmosphere. Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Experience with E.P.A. and O.C.C tests and procedure.
• Enjoy working with a team of other Geologists and Engineers and also feel at home being on location observing that correct procedure is being performed such as: building the curve, staying in the lateral at the best TVD where formation rock is at best porosity/permeability with good show of hydrocarbons for good production.
• Able to effectively manage time and prioritize projects in order to meet established deadlines.
• Strong critical thinking skills using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems taking into consideration the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
• (These are Basins and formations that I have drilled☺ Arkoma, Anadarko, Ardmore, Cherokee and Cherokee Platform
• Uplifts: Nemaha Uplift, Amarillo-Wichita Uplift
• Horizontal wells drilled:: Tonkawa, Cottage Grove, Cleveland, Mississippi Chat & Lime, Woodford Shale, Marmaton Section, Hepler and Granite Wash. Have drilled and completed wells flowing hundreds of bbls. per day to over one thousand bbls. per day of oil and wells in the MMCFD per day of gas.
• Vertical wells drilled: Buzzard, Coal Seams, Kansas City-Lansing Shale Sections, Big Lime, Oswego, Cleveland, Bartlesville, Red Fork, Skinner, Mississippi Chat & Lime, Arbuckle, Granite Wash and Granite (Same production as above.)
• Good working knowledge and experience in conventional, unconventional shale and/or coal bed methane reservoirs. (note Research with Electron micro-probe for Natural fractures in Unconventional Shale,) Drilling with Environmental concerns at all times.
• I am willing to relocate for this position, I feel that I would be good for the Company and have made Earth Science the focus of my life literally and have dedicated myself to it.
• Completions, Re-Completions, Work-over's, Servicing, Trouble-Shooting problem wells, Blow-outs, Treatment of wells all for Maximum Production and Production. Have spent many years producing and increasing production. Strong downhole knowledge. Years spent operating B & T Oil Co. displayed increasing production while keeping costs down to a minimum.
Operational/Field/Well Site Geologist
July 2010 to September 2012
Worked Mississippi Chat/ Dolomite/Lime on Horizontal Wells. Contracted to SandRidge Energy working the Great Salt Plains in the Mississippian Fields. I worked as a Field Geologist-Consultant, identifying facies in different formations to determine productive conventional and unconventional formations. Clastic and carbonate. Drilling, completing, producing and field (Well-Site) geology on horizontal wells. Also have experience gathering data, mapping, plotting locations.
Field/Well Site Geologist
January 2009 to July 2010
I worked as a Field Geologist-Consultant, identifying facies in different formations to determine productive conventional and unconventional formations. Drilling, completing, producing and field (Well-site) geology on horizontal wells for BP & SandRidge.
Field/Well Site Geologist
June 2007 to January 2009
I worked as a Field Geologist-Consultant, identifying facies in different formations to determine productive conventional and unconventional formations. Drilling, completing, producing and field (Well-site) geology on horizontal wells for Chesapeake.
Positions held before 2004:
• Field Coordinator-- for Production, well service, operator and completion foreman of Oil Company's
• Driller-- for several Drilling company's-Goober Drilling, Brown & Cruzen, McClendon , Bruner and Fox
• Owner/Operator of a cost effective successful independent B & T Oil & Gas Company, Production & RE-Completing
• Owner/Operator-- of Blythe Well Service business
• Operator of Rig's-- for several Well Service Businesses-D & M, Mcpherson, Bruner, Short & Mcpherson
• Roustabout - Beginning of my career in the Oil & Gas Industry-Sun Oil Company
Bachelor of Science in Geology
August 2004 to May 2009
March 2006 to March 2007
July 2006 to August 2006