Strong Executive Human Resources Professional with comprehensive talent acquisition, talent management, and organizational development experience. Results oriented with proven record of exceeding standards while delivering high quality and superior service.
Manager, Talent Acquisition & Operations
July 2008 to August 2011
- Comprehensive responsibility for overseeing the talent management and on- boarding process for new hires while managing a staff of seven.
- Increased diversity candidates in the search pools for faculty and staff positions by 70 percent by executing and implementing a comprehensive talent search outreach plan for employee recruitment.
- Responsibilities also included succession planning for staff, building a comprehensive retention strategy, handling employee relations problems, monitoring turn- over analysis, performed exit interviews. As part of leadership team ensured organizational development of staff and led staff to operate and work more transformational then transactional.
- Administered, wrote and interpreted policy to ensure compliance with legislative mandates.
- Planned, monitored and maintained department budget and approved HR operating expenses.
- Conducted new hire orientation
- Conducted employee annual evaluations
- Performed salary market analysis
- Implemented first diversity training program for all university new hires.
- Trained & developed university department personnel, and act in consultative role for specific operational initiatives such EEO, ADA, OFCCP, AAP, FMLA and sexual harassment concerns.
- Performed Payroll duties
- Participated in labor relations negotiations
- Maintained Human Resources Applicant Tracking System
- Comprehensive responsibility for providing strategies to department colleges to ensure search and hiring process is equitable and fair.
- Participated in audit of human resources department and oversaw improvement objectives for day- to- day transactional processes.
Deputy Director of Talent Management & Affirmative Action, Diversity & Inclusion
February 2008 to July 2008
Comprehensive responsibility for providing strategic diversity leadership; strategic planning, and execution in the areas of talent acquisition, onboarding, workforce forecasting, workforce mobility, succession planning, diversity programming diversity training, organizational development and metrics and execution.
- Aligned initiatives to the strategic implementation of processes that supported the building and maintenance of a culture of inclusion; Ensured the formulation & transmittal of agency policy; directives & decisions.
- Supervised HR Classification & Selection Manager & EEO staff.
- Conducted new hire training
- Performed salary market analysis
- Performed and processed employee annual reviews for department staff
- Participated in Labor relations negotiations
- Assisted the Agency in the recruitment, retention, and development of a diverse workforce
- Ensured compliance of EEO issues and reporting, also handled FMLA, sexual harassment issues.
- Educated staff and bureau directors on how diversity contributes to the achievement of the commission's mission and vision and improving best practices in this area.
- Provided guidance and direction on program policy, special projects and initiatives.
- Developed and monitored annual operating plans & goals and prepared operating budget in conjunction with direct Supervisors.
- Evaluated goals, special projects & initiatives, provided analyses of programs and administrative & operating costs.
- Provided consultation on trends and best practices relevant to workforce inclusion and workforce diversity.
- Oversaw employee compensation staff and affirmative action office.
Sr. Human Resources Specialist/Diversity Officer
April 2004 to February 2008
Comprehensive responsibility for the organizations employment functions including: - Extensive responsibility for all Diversity programs, Training and strategic initiatives for the hospital.
- Provide expert advice and counsel to the President and CEO, Senior Leadership teams on matters of diversity; and educated others on the value of diversity.
- Developed policies and programs to attract, retain and promote a diverse work force for the organization.
- Developed, wrote and coordinated diversity training manuals and materials.
- Developed means of measuring the effectiveness of the diversity initiatives.
- Provided reliable guidance and training to managers on such issues as hiring, associate retention, compensation, employment legislation, discipline, employment law, suspensions and terminations.
- Responsible for the processing all employee evaluations for the entire hospital
- Responsible for payroll duties
- Conducted new hire orientation
- Assisted with the development of strategies to anticipate and respond to long-range recruiting needs; adherence to the employment budget.
- Acted as a key member of the HR leadership team in developing business and human resource strategies.
- Comprehensive responsibility for EEO reporting
- Highly effective written and interpersonal communications skills possess leadership skills, possess exceptional presentation and platform skills and are able to interface well with management and associates.
- Responsible for handling employee relations matters with all hospital staff
Human Resource Management Adjunct Professor
January 2004 to August 2007
* Lectured and lead discussions with adult students in human resources management and practices
* Researched and analyzed new curriculum for classroom discussion
* Received high marks from evaluations from both students and other professors
National /Large Group Healthcare Underwriter
1996 to October 2004
- Developed rates for prospective new business/renewal business
- Responsible for analyzing client's healthcare data to develop appropriate renewal rates
- Developed alternative funding arrangements to meet customer needs
- Prepared actuarially correct rate relationships between healthcare employee benefit options
- Met with Executive Management on a weekly basis to strategize and forecast company financial goals and vision
- Responsible for health care data management reporting
Homecare Department Supervisor
1994 to 1996
- Accountable for all health plan staff scheduling for 3 Kaiser Permanente facilities in the Cleveland area and maintenance of vacation time and payroll
Responsible for finding replacement PRN Nurses Aides and Phlebotomists for field work on a daily a basis.
- Accountable for ordering all medical supplies and materials management, and orientating all new nurses and home health aides to department on policies and procedures.
- Training nurses on ADA, FMLA, Safety, OSHA, Sexual harassment, etc etc
Patient Registration Manager
1990 to 1994
- Responsible for hiring patient registration clerks to staff two KP facilities
- Responsible for employee evaluations
- Accountable for facility reporting and performance measures
- Accountable for forecasting financials and budgeting of department funds
- Responsible for all payroll duties. Created leadership Recognition Program which resulted in significant employee commitment to the company.
- Strong customer service and staff management skills
- Work with senior leadership, managed employee morale issues and minimized backlash by pressing hard to use aggressive proactive communication approaches.
- Ability to develop and implement staff training programs
- Developed and coached performance appraisal workshop for management and executives, which established greater linkage between performance appraisals and salary actions and reduced vulnerability to complaints and lawsuits.
Human Resources Manager
1986 to 1990
- Staffed and scheduled personnel for construction assignments
- Recruited company staff for permanent and temporary assignments.
- Compensation and payroll
- Assisted president with monthly reports and budget
- Orientated new employees on company policies and procedures
- Overcame challenge of blending distinct cultures though multi-pronged communication effort, this resulted in and implementation of consistent practices across the site.
- Consulted with and advised President and executives on delicate performance issues.
- Lobbied successfully for greater use of climate assessment interviews in field locations
-Educated and trained employees on diversity matters and how to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Turned around company's adversarial relationship with field customers and dramatically improved its reputation by using a proactive communication strategy, including effective phone contact and written communication, as well as trips to field offices. Handled all EEO complaints and concerns.
- Responsible for handling all employee/manager problems and concerns
Human Resource Management
August 2009 to Present
M.P.A. in Human Resource Management
B.A. in Management
Over 10+ Years as a Sr. Human Resources Professional
Over 10+ Years experience as professional Diversity Trainer and Consultant
Proficient in Word, Excel, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, Power Point, HRIS, Lawson, People Soft, People Admin, Lawson, Taleo, OAKS, Banner