Trusted advisor and strategic human resources professional who partners with business leaders to drive organizational performance. 20+ year's experience in a variety of industries, company sizes, stages of development and global environments. Business savvy and demonstrated success in integrating functions, assessing organizational needs, project management, staff management and development, determining courses of action and partnering with managers to influence employee behavior and morale to achieve organizational goals.
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Human Resources Management
August 2013 to Present
Largest flooring distributor in the U.S. with sales in excess of $500 million, 750 employees and 32 offices/warehouses across the Mid Atlantic and Southeast regions.
Hired on a 6 month contract as Interim Director Human Resources to manage the human resources department during a transition in management.
Hired as a full time employee on January 1, 2014:
* Performed the human resources due diligence for a major acquisition that doubled headcount and sales revenue.
* Served as Benefits Manager, worked with Broker to monitor plan activity and claims, negotiated 2014 benefit renewal and assisted with Employee Open Enrollment Meetings.
* Assisted win the integration of the two companies by aligning policies, procedures, benefits, workforce, compensation and incentives.
* Managed projects and created programs to boost employee morale to bring the two companies together as one organization, i.e. Corporate Wellness Program, Employee Surveys, etc.
continuity of the core service functions of the Human Resources department during a leadership transition.
Compliance and Human Resources Manager - Transportation
March 2012 to October 2012
Acquired by Schneider Electric in November 2011, a global leader in integrated solutions across multiple market segments, focusing on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green with over 150,000 employees in more than 100 countries and sales of 28 billion.
Managed all areas of compliance, employee relations, payroll, data management, recruitment and government reporting for a workforce of over 1500. Human Resources Manager for Transportation, specializing in reducing traffic congestion and optimizing transportation infrastructure with approximately 150 state contracts and a workforce of more than 400 employees across North America.
Director Human Resources
July 2006 to June 2011
Professional beauty segment of Kao Japan specializing in manufacturing and distribution of professional hair care and color products sold exclusively to salons. KPSS employs over 1800 employees in 21 countries with approximately 500 employees across the U.S. and Canada.
Reported directly to the CEO/President and indirectly to the Vice President Human Resources KPSS GmbH. Directed the strategic direction and day-to-day operation of all human resource functions/activities for the U.S. with physical offices in Maryland, California and a remote workforce across 31 states. Responsible for the development and management of an annual department budget of $1.6M+.
* Served as Change Agent through the replacement of several senior executives, which had a profound impact on Company philosophy, culture, performance expectations and employee morale.
* Assisted with due diligence and directed the human resource activities to close and re-open offices and warehouses in California, Washington and Maryland, which included employee communication; termination (Reduction in Force), relocation, staffing and reconfiguration of office space.
* Worked with management to realign the sales and education staff to meet changing goals and objectives.
* Consolidated and aligned multiple policies, procedures and benefits to meet changing business objectives.
* Directed all company employee benefit programs, selected insurance Broker, established self-funded medical and dental plans and maintained costs through enriched well-care benefits and employee communication.
* Completed the implementation of ADP's HRB system, developed processes/procedures to interface with payroll.
* Participated on a global business team to standardize employee policies, procedures, benefits and payroll operations across North America, Europe and Asia in connection with a corporate merger. Presented the group's recommendation, transition plan and timeline to executive leaders in Tokyo, Germany. U.S. and Canada. Resulted in the centralization of the North American human resources administration and management.
Director of Human Resources
September 2001 to June 2006
A $1.5 billion competitive energy services subsidiary of Pepco Holdings, Inc. (PHI) with 13 lines of business, 25 locations, and approximately 650 union/nonunion employees in the mid-Atlantic region.
Established the human resources function as a business partner. Worked with executives to reorganize and define business objectives, determine staffing needs and align positions.
* Implemented Employee Handbook and counseled management and employees on employment policies, procedures and application.
* Conducted a variety of management and employee training programs, i.e. harassment, diversity, supervisory.
* Directed recruitment, implemented a uniform recruitment and structured interview process, Job Posting, Employee Referral Program and an Exit Interview process.
* Directed the development and implementation of a human resources system and 6 payroll systems using ADP's web based products.
* Drafted Company's 1st Affirmative Action Plan using Berkshire software, communicated objectives and worked with management to achieve goals.
* Revised the Performance Management process and implemented a structured compensation program.
* Participated in due diligence for the sale of several lines of business, developed severance guidelines and facilitated lay-offs and office closures.
* Member of PHI's Operations Leadership Team, Diversity Counsel and participated on committees to develop shared policies and benefit programs for PHI's 9,000 employees.
Director of Human Resources
December 2000 to September 2001
A Storage Services Provider (SSP) with offices in 7 states.
Reported to President/CEO and served as a strategic business partner and advisor to executive management in all areas of human resources, established the human resources function in a "start-up" environment.
* Ensured legal compliance in all areas, addressed and resolved employee issues, coached and mentored managers to resolve and manage departmental issues.
* Managed and directed 3 RIF's and closed 5 offices.
Director Human Resources
March 1998 to December 2000
Established and directed the Company's 1st human resources department. Reported to CEO/Chairman and served as a member of executive leadership team.
* Developed policies, procedures and benefits for all employees working in the U.S. and the UK.
* Assisted in the re-alignment of departments, re-staffed the UK office, assisted in the start-up of a government Sales Department and served as change agent through a failed IPO.
* Recruited a broad range of positions, including highly skilled engineers, software developers, computer technicians, sales people and senior management. Directed the sponsorship of Visa/Permanent Residence applications.
* Wrote company's 1st Employee Handbook, employee performance management, compensation, on-boarding and incentive programs; conducted management and employee training programs and resolved employee issues, created Company's 1st Affirmative Action Plan and ensured compliance with all local, state and federal agencies.
* Served as 401(k) Plan Administrator, selected new provider and directed the transition to the new plan.
Software skills include:
Lotus Notes and MS Outlook
MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, One Note and Visio