PMI PMP Project Manager Professional (in-training with targeted certification June 2012) with 10+ years experience. Productive team leader; effectively managed multiple simultaneous projects in a fast paced environment with proven track record of on-time within budget project delivery. Extensive project and construction management background within multiple market sectors. Experienced with planning, negotiating/bidding, contracting, budgeting, scheduling and purchasing using Microsoft Project and cost tracking software. Superior verbal and written communication skills. Easily develop and retain positive relationships with customers, government officials and project teams. Adept at problem-solving with sound analytical ability.
Consultant - Project Management
2011 to Present
Project Management Specialist creating order, calm and efficiency to meet critical project deadlines.
Vice President-Project Management
2008 to 2010
Team Leader for University Mall master concept plan and Rams Plaza site renovation, Chapel Hill, NC
• Spearheaded Phase I of re-development in accordance with corporate objectives, site restrictions and land use to meet community expectations and shareholder ROI.
• Built and leveraged relationships with City Officials and NCDOT to gain permit approval for new site entrance
• Generated presentation and negotiated with City Officials to attain key tenant upfit expedited permits, signage and Phase II exterior renovation permit approvals
2006 to 2008
Managed Phase 1 $123M development of upscale condominium equity model retirement community with clubhouse and skilled nursing facility.
• Represented Ownership by developing effective relationships with City officials to successfully obtain all permit approvals ahead of projected schedule
• Defined and directed overall low voltage design and installation for seven community-wide systems
• Accountable for $1.5M Start-up and $1.3M FF&E budgets. Completed project on-time within-budget
• Managed design and interior finish selections of 34 new custom luxury homes with resident buyers
• Created detailed RFP for 202 home move-in process, analyzed results, advised and recommended provider to Ownership and new residents
• Identified, selected and purchased complete artwork and amenities packages for all community buildings
• Exceeded owner's design and functionality expectations by advising, hiring and coordinating design, engineering, telecommunications and utilities infrastructure teams to bring project in ahead of schedule, reducing carrying costs by closing on $100M+ enabling construction financing to be greatly reduced.
Real Estate Development, Management and General Contractor
2004 to 2006
General Manager - Development, Projects & Leasing
Charged with business development for real estate acquisition, development and retail client expansion. Project management of new retail freestanding construction and in-line tenant upfits.
• Strengthened company's operations and growth by effectively negotiating and securing nine new national retail
accounts and sourcing additional partners for joint venture real estate acquisitions.
• Successfully project managed two new ground up freestanding Walgreens pharmacy stores in Central Florida
• Profitably managed and supervised numerous tenant upfits for new and existing retail clients in six U.S. states
• Researched, evaluated, recommended and selected business solutions that optimized departmental functions
KAREN (MAYTNIER) WILKES,
Director of Tenant Coordination
2003 to 2004
Project and Construction Management and Tenant Coordination of Mayfaire Town Center Phase I
• Utilized substantial background in Tenant Coordination to review and approve all retail tenants' architectural and signage construction documents in accordance with landlord criteria
• Developed productive relationships with city and county officials to facilitate and secure all permit approvals
• Evaluated, recommended and supervised all tenant/site life safety work
• Owner's representative to all project team members, government officials and tenants with successful on-time within budget project delivery by March 25, 2004 grand opening
Field Tenant Coordinator
2002 to 2003
Accountable for Tenant Coordination, Project and Construction Management of Triangle Town Center
• Built relationships with City of Raleigh officials to negotiate and facilitate delivery of 137 tenant permit approvals to meet owner's project schedule.
• Owner's Representative to manage and supervise 72 retail construction upfits with successful on time delivery
• Employer recognition of performance added additional nine months project oversight of several post grand opening retail tenant upfits
Design and Construction Coordinator
2001 to 2002
Chicago, Illinois 2001 - 2002
(Retail Real Estate Developer, Owner and Management Company)
Design and Construction Coordinator
Responsible for the Project and Construction Management and Tenant Coordination of The Streets at Southpoint and Main Street
• Administered and communicated landlord criteria to 37 retail tenants and associated architects
• Analyzed, reviewed and approved tenants' architectural construction documents
• Facilitated, coordinated and oversaw construction of 37 retail tenant spaces for March 8, 2002 grand opening
Senior Manager - Design Studio and Procurement
1998 to 2000
• Supervised seven interior designers and three purchasing agents for 51 hotel portfolio in 13 U.S. States
• Created company Supplier Application package and Supplier Certification Guidelines for company's terms and conditions for all vendor purchase order contracts
• Negotiated annual account pricing programs for $9M CAPX and new development expenditure
• Procured $11M FF&E for new hotel projects within budget, per schedule to meet hotel grand opening dates
Bachelor of Arts
Associate of Arts in Interior Design
North Carolina Real Estate Broker's License
Project Management Professional (PMP)-PMI certification pending exam target date June 2012, MS Office, MS Project, SureTrack, Timberline,*Critical thinker-Strategist, Analytical, Problem Solver, Detail Minded, Results Oriented
Areas of Expertise
Strategic Planning Owner Representation Tenant Coordination
Budgeting/Forecasting Project Analysis Interior Design
Negotiation Conflict Resolution Leasing