MONA Electric/Administrative Assistant
February 2011 to April 2011 (2 months)
• Greeted all clients and guest.
• Managed a switchboard with over 100 phone lines.
• Sorted all incoming and outgoing mail.
• Maintained package log and sign-in sheet list.
• Assisted with creating training certificates and other documents.
• Prepared correspondence to MONA Management utilizing Microsoft Word and Outlook.
• Assisted Office Manager with any other office issues or concerns.
AllStates Tax/Administrative Assistant
January 2011 to February 2011 (1 month)
• Entered client's information, payments and appointments into the Automated Tax Office Management Database (ATOM) on all clients. Also entered clients data into Tax Wise.
• Scanned clients current and past taxes into the ATOM database system.
• Gathered and recorded cash register deposits.
• Worked directly with owner on any office issues or concerns.
• Created and managed work schedule for all employees.
• Responded to all inquiries relating to office issues.
MONA Electric/Accounting Assistant
November 2010 to December 2010 (1 month)
• Retrieved vendor's customer numbers from Microsoft Dynamics SL data base for lockbox and bank branch deposits.
• Organized and prepared proposals, invoices and checks for mailing.
• Scanned invoices, proposals, checks and receipts into an Adobe file.
• Filed and maintained the accounts payable filing system.
• Provided Accounting VP with any assistance when needed.
Capstone Corporation/Senior Administrative Assistant
April 2010 to September 2010 (5 months)
• Reconciled and processed employees travel expense and miscellaneous reports.
• Created check request to pay vendors and sent to accounting for final payment.
• Created and processed security forms for contracting employees that exit, and entered the National Archives Records Administration (NARA) agency.
• Assisted all IT staff when needed with questions relating to personnel, travel expenses and other office issues.
• Worked directly with Program Manager on the budget, special projects, monthly reports, etc.
• Prepared correspondence to Capstone staff utilizing Microsoft Word and GroupWise.
• Coordinated and scheduled conference rooms for the IT Management Team.
• Assisted IT Management with computer and phone inventory.
• Served as the program liaison for the Capstone Field Offices and Capstone NARA Site.
June 2009 to April 2010 (10 months)
• Set-up a filing system for vendor's outstanding & paid invoices.
• Reviewed payable accounts to ensure that information was properly recorded and the records contain appropriate authorization for payment.
• Checked figures, postings, and documents to ensure that they were correct, mathematically accurate, and properly coded.
• Reconciled computer reports and operating reports.
• Updated vendors contact information.
• Noted and corrected errors for owner.
• Monitored accounts to ensure that payments were up to date.
• Followed up on past due balances.
High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (HIDTA)/Data Manager
January 2005 to January 2009 (4 years)
• Monitored and responded to technical and functional requests in the HIDTA Automated Tracking System (HATS) database.
• Created and maintained end-user documentation.
• Identified, researched, and resolved technical problems.
• Responded to telephone calls and email request for technical support.
• Established and created a data monitoring system for accuracy of data to be entered into the HATS database system for twelve HIDTA Treatment/Criminal Justice Initiatives within the Washington/Baltimore Area.
• Assisted with the collection and analysis of the HIDTA data elements for trends, cost and outcomes.
• Prepared the HATS User Group agenda, handouts, and other documentation for all HATS User Group and Treatment/Criminal Justice meetings.
• Assisted with writing directives, policies and procedures for the Treatment/Criminal Justice Programs.
• Provided data for the WB/HIDTA Annual Reports and the Threat Assessments.
• Assisted the Program Manager in Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA) audits to ensure that treatment programs were in compliance with the HIDTA program guidance.
Department of Correction/Administrative Assistant II
September 2002 to December 2004 (2 years, 3 months)
• Identified, researched, and resolved technical problems.
• Responded to telephone calls and email request for technical support
• Performed data analysis and entry functions using the University of Maryland's High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area Automated Tracking System (HATS).
• Exported data from HATS such as sanctions, urines, and treatment notes to prepare audit reports.
• Prepared and submitted bi-weekly statistical reports utilizing Microsoft Excel.
• Prepared, researched, gathered, and verified data to compile quarterly reports for the Policy Committee Meeting which included the HIDTA Coordinator, Department of Corrections Section Chief and County Officials.
• Served as a Liaison between County Officials and the Prince George's County HIDTA Initiative.
• Coordinated meetings and training with the Health Department, Parole & Probation and the Department of Corrections staff when needed.
Department of Energy/Program Support Assistant
July 2001 to November 2001 (4 months)
• Coordinated the Diversity Initiative directed by the Secretary of Energy to establish a comprehensive Diversity Program to include training for 14,000 + employees.
• Served as the focal point for the Training and Economic Impact Diversity Directors to communicate the diversity priorities, deadlines, and progress reports.
• Conducted surveys and assessments for both Field and Headquarter employees to incorporate into a Diversity Report.
• Established a command center to be utilized for the Diversity Focus Group.
• Coordinated Focus Group meetings, tele-video conferences and conference calls.
Department of Energy/Training Coordinator
March 2001 to July 2001 (4 months)
• Served as the office focal point for the Training Development Management Council (TDMC) between the Field Liaison and Headquarters Leadership Team. Coordinated the logistics for scheduling teleconferences, televideos for TDMC meetings. Assist in developing and distributing the Agenda and other related materials to TDMC members.
• Arranged and scheduled Monthly Call-in Conferences by transmitting minutes, agenda and soliciting agenda items from both headquarter and field offices. Recorded notes at the Monthly Call-in conferences and distributed to all participants.
• Assisted with the registration of workshops and training courses.
• Organized and assisted with course materials, scheduling and planning of courses.
Department of Energy/Career Coordinator
August 1997 to March 2001 (3 years, 7 months)
• Provided guidance on individual assessment, goals, objectives and career development.
• Provided job search, career transition support and technical assistance for the Career Center.
• Organized and administered over 120 informational workshops per year to support and enhance career development goals and objectives.
• Prepared correspondence to Department of Energy Management/staff utilizing WordPerfect.
• Served as the point of contact for the DOE Jobs Database (on-line system) designed to help DOE employees at risk find employment by submitting their resumes for the Internet posting.
• Managed the budget for the Career Management Resource Center. Entered invoices and procurements in the federal management system for processing. Maintained accurate records and submitted monthly reports to the Division Director with regards to allocation, projections, balances, and costed programs and services.
• Ordered subscriptions, resource materials, computer equipment, contract services, and miscellaneous items used for career development and training support. This task involved research of materials and vendors, plus cost analysis to insure
Bachelor's in Business Administration
Outstanding Achievment in organizing a Job Fair
National Performance Review (Hammer Award)
Member of the Suitland Civic Association
Ex-officio Officer of UMUC
September 2009 to September 2010
• 6 years of Help Desk & Data Management Experience to include: HIDTA Automated Tracking System (HATS).
• 10+ years of Administrative and Customer Service Experience
• 4 years of Training & Career Coordinating Experience
• 8 years of Microsoft Office Suite Experience
• 2 years of Accounts Payable, Bookkeeping and Payroll
Skills and Qualifications
HATS, SMART, Microsoft Office Suite, SPSS, NCIC, Excellent oral and written communication skills, leadership, organizational and team building skills.