1989 to Present
Legal Group support activity, consisting of paralegal and administrative duties
• Created and maintained comprehensive and efficient computer filing system for Legal Group, enabling immediate retrieval of documents
• Arranged Legal Seminars for all Hitachi Company employees and created seminar materials and graphics for entire department as well as for biannual patent workshops by Intellectual Property Office
• Composed and assisted in preparation of legal reports and correspondence.
• Assisted in preparation of all forms of legal documents with emphasis on contracts
• Explained and summarized information in response to client requests, provided support on special projects and completed general office administrative duties
Corporate secretarial support: • Coordinated annual reporting regarding corporate secretarial actions of Hitachi and its subsidiaries
• Prepared corporate resolutions and agendas for Board of Directors' meetings
• Coordinated subsidiary mergers; researched necessary state filing requirements and filed obligatory paperwork
• Prepared and maintained annual report filings
• Maintained minute books for Hitachi and its subsidiaries
Patent administration: * Filed patent and trademark applications, IDS forms, responses to Office Actions; maintained patent docket database; managed patent maintenance payments and tracked all Hitachi and subsidiary patents
* Prepared reports and provided information to Hitachi parent regarding patent applications to aid in non-US filings
* Prepared and coordinated materials for semi-annual Patent/Inventor workshop
* Reviewed domain name search reports
1987 to 1988
Controlled circulation and flow of corporate library collection. Tracked inventory. Coordinated research log and tallied all statistical information regarding department's monthly output. Coordinated and filled document requests. Assisted in research.
• Microsoft Word; Power Point; Excel; SAP.
1985 to 1987
Responsible for all collection accounts for European American Bank. Handled all facets from setting up and computerizing individual files and the initial correspondence and contact through litigation to the compilation, entry and enforcement of default judgments. Prepared summons and complaints, stipulations of settlement, motions and orders. Researched appropriate statutes.
B.A. in Sociology
Experienced legal support in handling and prioritizing multiple projects, including filing patent and trademark applications, contract administration, preparing legal reports, agreements and correspondence, providing corporate secretarial support and a cross-section of administrative functions:
• Provided paralegal and administrative support in department of four to six attorneys and two support staff as well as off-site Intellectual Property Group
• Provided corporate secretarial function servicing company and eight to twelve subsidiaries
• Provided sole support of intellectual property attorney for high technology company listing 100+ patents annually