Extensive experience and global progressive responsibility in the areas of global strategic sourcing, purchasing, new product development, project management, program management, information technology, onshore and offshore resource strategy, rationalization and standardization, vendor consolidation, network, telecommunications and materials management. Expertise in pre-award planning through post award performance, strategic planning, maintaining budgets, vendor auditing and monitoring vendor performance, commodity management, cost reduction, working knowledge of E-Procurement software, change management, risk management, compliance, negotiating legal terms and conditions, supply chain, third party oversight, business process outsourcing, reverse/forward auctions, negotiating national and global contracts, experience in US Law, Common Law and Napoleonic law, developing new sources of supply worldwide, domestic and offshore outsourcing, writing and implementing purchasing best practices, service level agreements and key performance indicators.
Computer hardware and maintenance, peripherals, software and software maintenance, mainframes, desktops and servers, capital equipment, storage, financial and professional services, MRO, market data services, IT Contractors onshore and offshore, systems integrators, consultants, maintenance and service level agreements, marketing, media, storage, middleware, PBX's, routers, switches, voice data systems, electronic hardware and subsystems and test equipment.
Director of Strategic Sourcing and Contracts
January 2014 to Present
* Manage a global sourcing team of four (4) resources.
* Assisted in the configuration, system design and implementation of the SciQuest eProcurement Software.
* Negotiated pricing, terms and conditions for major global contracts for software, hardware, storage, telecommunications, marketing, media and professional services.
* Personally contributed $22 million dollars of savings based on a global annual spend of $350 million.
* Deep understanding and know-how in developing business rationales for new product and service requirements, keeping in mind pre-established organizational budgets and long-term budgetary impact.
* Excellent interpersonal skills conducive to communicating with senior executives, key stakeholders and guiding cross-functional teams to achieve business objectives.
* Expert at developing and leading strategies by looking at trends, predicting future events, predictive analysis, identifying risks and opportunities and leading strategic and comprehensive negotiations.
Vice President Strategic Sourcing
April 2005 to July 2013
* Manage a global sourcing team of five (5) resources.
* Lead Sourcing Projects regionally as well as globally consisting of Application Development, Hardware, Software, Telco, Professional Services, Onshore and Offshore Resource Strategy and Non-IT.
* As a Sourcing Professional my role is to identify opportunities for greater commercial leverage, identify potential savings opportunities to internal clients and Senior Management and monitor internal and external compliance with JPMC's policies.
* Manage vendor relationships by monitoring vendor reporting and adherence to contracts, which includes compliance of SLA's, KPI's, Service Credits and evaluating and managing risk. Escalate, and advise any contractual issues, monitor pricing trends in the market and report information to internal clients.
* Represent and lead a cross-functional team that includes legal, technical, financial, business subject matter lead and risk. The team presents business cases that include, deployment, savings, return on investment, financial analysis, procure to pay implementation, establishing workflows, processing improvements, establishing priorities, preparing and issuing RFP's, RFI's, creating balanced scorecards, system testing, time lines for project implementation plans, eCatalogs, change management, monitoring savings, negotiating and drafting the contractual terms and conditions which included the SLA's Service Credits and KPI's, establishing vendor management, training of staff, supporting and implementing JPMC's Supplier Diversity program, supporting VMO and providing internal customer support.
* Procured and assisted in the evaluation and negotiation of Ariba, Oracle and Peoplesoft eProcurement and eRFX software which included implementation and customization of the procurement and financial databases.
* Outsourced IT, Telco, Application Development, BAU and Professional Services projects overseas to India and other parts of the globe.
* Implemented best practices, supply chain management, process control, and change management to streamline procurement processes.
* Responsible for communicating project updates to the entire senior management team as well as all internal and external clients.
* Provided excellent proactive internal customer service globally to internal clients across multiple global lines of business.
* Perform on vendor onsite risk evaluation, which includes handling of data, record retention, system access, auditing of vendor process and vendor performance.
* Renegotiated technology, Telco and other contracts during merger integration with Bank One and Bear Stearns.
Consultant to JPMorgan Chase Bank
April 2004 to April 2005
* Source Projects regionally as well as globally consisting of Application Development, Hardware, Software, Telco, Professional Services, Onshore and Offshore Resource Strategy and Non-IT.
February 2003 to April 2004
* Working as a Subcontractor to TTI of New York, Inc., Open Systems, Inc., and Geller Services, Inc., I was in charge of various global IT, Telco and eProcurement projects, eProcurement and ASP projects for their Fortune 500 Clients which consisted of clients such as JPMChase, NA, Unisys, Prudential, VNU Media, Computer Associates and IBM.
Global/Regional Sourcing Director IT
July 2001 to January 2003
* Managed a regional and global budget of $800 mm for a diverse portfolio of products and services.
* Negotiated and standardized, regionally and globally the following: software, software maintenance, network, telecommunications, market data, hardware & hardware maintenance, e-Procurement, e-Commerce, mro, professional services and storage.
* Savings were achieved globally and regionally via negotiation, eliminating redundancy, leveraging global spends, standardization and consolidation of vendors, which led to a global savings of $98 mm. These savings directly affected each business unit's P&L.
* Rationalized via RFP and negotiation a reduction from over 100 vendors for IT Contractors and created a Preferred Supplier List of three (3) vendors.
* Implemented best practices, supply chain management and change management to streamline procurement processes.
* Procured and assisted in the evaluation of Ariba, Oracle and Peoplesoft E-Procurement software which included implementation.
* Conducted forward and reverse auctions for hardware, software and professional services.
* Provided excellent proactive internal customer service to multiple global business units.
* Worked with cross-functional teams to create, RFI's, RFP's and Vendor Scorecards.
* Negotiated contractual terms on a regional and global basis, which included service level agreements and key performance Indicators.
Deputy Vice President
March 1999 to July 2001
February 1998 to March 1999
January 1997 to January 1998
March 1995 to December 1996
February 1994 to March 1995
November 1987 to January 1994
January 1984 to November 1987
Bachelor of Science in Management