Sr. Administrative Assistant
July 2010 to Present
Provides Executive support to Vice President, Director and 6 Brand Managers; set up meetings for SBU as well as cross functional team members. Prepares and expense reports; monitors SBU budget to ensure proper tracking and compliance with SG&A spending guidelines.
• Maintains calendars for Vice President and Director; makes travel arrangements.
• Organizes and attends bi-weekly SBU meeting, prepares and distributes meeting minutes
• Selected to provide Administrative Support for the Marketing Excellence Committee
• Orders and maintains office supplies & computer equipment for SBU
• Prepares and tracks all marketing routing requests for SBU.
• Handles internal and external inquiries by screening calls, answering questions and redirecting calls to the appropriate department.
• Coordinates on-site/off-site meetings and events for department and the annual Marketing Excellence offsite.
May 2010 to July 2010
Processed pre-employment background screens for 200+ candidates per training class within tight deadlines that involved completing: background investigations, drug screening and employment reference checks.
• Facilitated the receipt of properly executed consent forms and authorizations and added them to candidate's personnel files.
• Updated candidate personnel information into HR databases including, Vurv, IMI, LabCorp and company's proprietary software programs to clear newly hired employees
• Proactively contacted candidates to procure any missing documents and the next steps in the screening process.
Supervisor, Client Services
November 2008 to April 2010
Supervised team of four processors, interviewed, trained and developed staff. Set and reviewed weekly goals for processors and ensured the accuracy of records received and properly closed. Set quarterly, semi-annual and annual goals; reviewed individual processor's performance and implemented performance improvement plans to ensure that team's goals were met.
• As one of four supervisors, managed client services emails and processed rush records requests.
• Supervised three single provider processors and one hospital processor.
• Facilitated team training and one on one meetings for staff development.
• Worked closely with lawyers, paralegals and insurance companies for swift problem resolution.
July 2008 to October 2008
Provided administrative support to Vice President and Director of Global Construction Markets and their internal and external staff; some duties included travel, procurement and meeting planning.
• Acted as office manager, prepared expenses, set up coffee and spring water vendor accounts, and managed office procurement.
• Coordinated travel and team events, processed expense reports, on-boarded new hires, and updated Human Resources with personnel changes.
Regional Sales Assistant
November 2006 to July 2008
Prepared biweekly timesheets to ensure accurate recording of time worked, prepared and approved expense reports for Northeast region, and monitored monthly budget to ensure proper tracking of regional spending.
• Assumed full responsibility for supporting the Regional Sales Manager and sales personnel with various administrative duties while serving as liaison with Home Office (Los Angeles) during account segmentation and new compensation plan rollout.
• Supported sales team with document preparation especially PowerPoint presentations.
• Prepared daily, weekly, and monthly sales reports, utilizing Siebel, OTIS and Oakwood's own proprietary software.
• Coordinated travel and team events, trained new hires, and updated Human Resources with personnel changes.
• Maintained Microsoft Outlook calendars that recorded team's attendance records.
• Processed and approval expense reports for Regional Sales Manager and regional sales force.
Senior Administrative Assistant to VP
April 2005 to October 2006
Responsible for providing Administrative support to the Vice President of Operations/General Manager of Nuclear Medicine, three managers, internal staff and external sales team with document preparation meeting planning and other administrative functions.
• Managed Vice President's calendar which involved a rapidly changing schedule and sending out emails under his signature.
• Created meeting agendas, monitored action items and prepared minutes for monthly team meetings to ensure team was kept aware of key developments within the department.
• Routinely coordinated domestic and international travel which included hotel accommodations, transportation and preparation of expense reports.
• Ordered office supplies and set-up coffee vendor contract
• Set-up and managed the digital document management system, document preparation, tracked departmental budget, and providing spending reports to the VP.
• Was the Administrator of the American Express account; set-up and distributed new cards, established and ensured that spending limits were adhered to and routinely reviewed accounts to prevent fraudulent use.
Administrative Assistant IV
September 2004 to April 2005
Coordinated brokerage and life insurance licensing and training for sales staff; created presentations and scheduled all executive meetings and travel. Supported Annuities Divisions' Executives by overseeing all administrative functions including the ordering of office supplies, coordinating and hosting of sales team training and acting as liaison between CT and NJ offices during Met Life Acquisition.
• Prepared and approved expense reports for the two Division Executives and their 40 external sales team.
• Managed the on-boarding process and set-up of new employees.
• Coordinated various conferences/meetings including procurement of audio/visual equipment and reserving appropriate internal or external meeting facilities.
December 2000 to September 2004
Provided administrative support to the General Counsel, two associate attorneys and compliance officer; responsibilities often included: document preparation, creation and management of legal contracts and contract database, meeting planning and travel arrangements.
• Transcribed the Bank's Board meeting notes, coordinated and distributed minutes to all internal and external Board Members.
• Collaborated with Compliance Officer and Bank President to oversee distribution of Bank reports and Financial Statements
• Facilitated the mandatory Know Your Customer "KYC" compliance training to all Merrill Lynch Bank & Trust employees.
• Elected Assistant Security Officer to the Merrill Lynch Bank & Trust Co.'s Board of Directors 4/29/03
• Under minimal supervision of Compliance Officer worked closely with various Merrill Lynch entities obtaining audit information for state and federal bank examinations.
Masters of Business Administration in Business Administration
January 2011 to January 2013
Bachelor of Science in Business
✓ Proven ability to effectively multi-task various levels of administrative responsibility with minimal direction
✓ Solid communication, interpersonal, time management, analytical, organizational, and leadership skills
✓ Proven track record of accurately completing research, reporting, and information management activities within demanding time constraints.
✓ Highly focused and results-oriented in supporting complex, deadline-driven operations; able to identify goals and set priorities.
✓ Extremely energetic, dependable, and self-motivated with a high degree of collaborative work integrity
✓ Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and various other software programs including PeopleSoft, Lotus Notes, WordPerfect, Siebel, and OTIS.
✓ Type 65+ wpm with accuracy.