Cagayan de Oro City
For three (3) years in the nursing field I want to be able to expand my horizons as a caregiver, do more to help others and take on greater responsibility. I wish to work in a bigger hospital or any institution with more patients, as well as have more hands-on care opportunities. This will allow me to continue a life of serving and helping others while at the same time allowing me to grow as a nurse technician.
Nurse-Vascular Technologist, Heart Station
May 2011 to Present
• Performs required ultrasound and clinical evaluations at a technical level requiring limited or no supervision.
• Help doctors schedule appointments, going over charts, and explaining those procedures to patients.
• Prepare patients for procedure by positioning them on the table/bed and preparing the area for placement of testing equipment.
• Performs tests to check circulation in all areas of the body ( Carotid, Artery and Venous upper and lower extremities ).
• Perform other duties specific to the doctor they work with and the training have received.
Assist ECG Technician, Heart Station
August 2008 to Present
• Attaches electrodes to chest, arms and legs of patient.
• Connects electrode leads to electrocardiograph and starts machine.
• Monitors electrocardiogram for abnormal patterns.
• Replenishes supply of paper and ink in machine and reports malfunctions.
• Edits and forwards final test results to attending physician for analysis and interpretation.
• Attach electrodes of Holter monitor (electrocardiograph) to patient to record data over extended period of time.
Nurse-Echo Technician, Heart Station
June 2008 to Present
• Performs required ultrasound and clinical evaluations at a technical level requiring limited or no supervision
• Maintain a high standard of medical ethics at all times and is self motivated to increase level of understanding and knowledge of cardiac and/or vascular diseases as they evolve
• Prepares patients for examinations and explains procedures to patients. Assesses the patient and correlates the clinical history with the test to be performed.
• Consults with referring MD and/or patient chart regarding patient's history as needed.
• Uses cognitive sonographic skills to identify and record appropriate anatomical, pathological and diagnostic images.
• Recognizes the significance of all structures visualized on the monitor and is able to differentiate normal from abnormal and recognize artifacts. Understands when to seek advice.
• Follows protocols and is able to deviate from normal techniques when clinically necessary.
• Prepares a summary of technical findings and reviews findings with technical director/supervisor and/or interpreting physician
• Assists in orientation of new staff members and students.
• Responsible for the safety, mental and physical comfort of the patient while in the technologist's care.
• Maintains departmental documentation.
• Relays preliminary findings and/or final reports to proper referring physicians or departments according to laboratory policy.
• Maintains ultrasound equipment, work areas and adequate work supplies.
• Recognizes the limitations of electronic equipment.
• Establishes and maintains ethical working relationships and good rapport with all interrelating hospital, referral or commercial agencies.
• Performs other work related duties as assigned
• Assists Cardiologists during Stress Test exercise.
February 2008 to June 2008
• Collects blood samples in order to have them tested
• Works under the supervision of a laboratory manager or a medical laboratory technologist
• Polite and courteous, able to keep nervous patients calm and reassure anyone who is anxious or squeamish about the procedure.
• Follow strict guidelines in regard to sterilization procedures and infection control.
• Locates an accessible vein, placing a tourniquet, applying an antiseptic and then drawing blood with a needle.
• Labels the collection tube with the patient's name and other information required by the facility, along with the time and date of collection.
• Store blood samples for future use.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing