My successful, 9-year career as a regulatory compliance consultant and account manager for the industry-leading Compliant Healthcare Technologies (CHT), combined with my past sales experience and freelance work, have helped to prepare me for any new challenge the future may hold.
At CHT, I manage accounts across six states, inspect healthcare facilities in the Louisville area and across the country, manage a small team of inspectors, consistently attain additional business with current clients, act as a project manager for compliance-related hospital construction projects, and consult with healthcare facility directors regarding compliance-related issues and patient safety. Among other tasks, I am also in charge of scheduling work, reviewing results with my clients in boardroom-like settings, writing quotes, collecting invoices, and training hospital staff regarding compliance safety issues.
In my spare time, I enjoy working on small-scale freelance projects such as web design, professional photography, photo and video editing, social media implementation, marketing material design and production, and Mac/PC technical support.
July 2013 to Present
- Manage accounts in the mid-south region, comprising of six different states
- Strengthen relationship with existing clients while growing business with new clients
- Consistently exceed sales goals
- Closed and managed multiple projects exceeding $100,000 within my first few months
January 2000 to July 2013
- Offered several services to individuals and small businesses including digital photo, video and audio editing and production, advertising and desktop publishing services, and Mac/PC technical support.
- Project examples included photo retouching services, wedding video editing; restaurant lunch card, table-top, coupon, and gift certificate designs; and restaurant website design and maintenance.
- Restaurant marketing materials and website have significantly improved business volume.
- Job offers consistently grew due to referrals and positive word-of-mouth advertising.
August 2004 to July 2012
- Performed regulatory compliance inspections, verifications and environmental monitoring services for hospitals throughout the country.
- Acted as a project manager for turn-key construction projects related to medical piped gas and provided consultation services to healthcare facilities in matters relating to indoor air quality and patient safety.
- Consulted with facility directors in compliance related matters
- Built strong, lasting relationships with new and existing clients
- Identified and resolved multiple life-threatening compliance issues
August 1996 to November 2000
- Sales, payroll, data entry, shipping, receiving, merchandising, and employee training.
- Received repeated praise for customer service abilities
- Consistently exceeded commission-based sales goals.
Bachelor of Arts in Communication
ASSE 6020 Inspector
July 2010 to July 2017
Medical Gas Inspectors shall be employed by a governmental unit as a plumbing, mechanical, or combination inspector, be employed by a governmental unit as an administrator of such inspectors, or be employees of firms that are regularly involved in the design, inspection or verification of medical gas systems.
ASSE 6030 Verifier
July 2010 to July 2017
Medical Gas Verifiers shall be employed by a governmental unit as a plumbing, mechanical, or combination verifier, be employed by a governmental unit as an administrator of such verifiers, or be employees of firms that are regularly involved in the design, inspection or verification of medical gas systems.
ASSE 6040 System Maintenance
November 2010 to November 2017
Certified to have a general knowledge of the applicable laws, codes, rules, listing agencies, and regulations from the federal, state, and local levels pertaining to medical gas and vacuum systems as well as knowledge of product performance, system and system component testing, documenting and recording, and medical gas terminology.
Kentucky Society of Healthcare Engineers
2005 to Present
The Kentucky Society of Healthcare Engineers (KSHE) is a professional society devoted exclusively to the education, development and expansion of skills and standards of the Environment of Care discipline as performed in healthcare facilities.
As a student at the University of Louisville, an original logo, letterhead and business card design that I created for an advertising class project was unanimously chosen by the Old Walnut Street Project community organization.
References and referrals available on request.
Please contact me for a formatted PDF copy of this resume.