Motivated, self-driven and goal oriented professional with in-depth knowledge of payroll software and interfaces with keen attention to detail. Individual who plans, organizes and prioritizes to meet deadlines while emphasizing process improvement. Proven leader with the ability to establish a rapport with employees at all levels of the organization, treating them respectfully while maintaining confidentiality and integrity.
October 2016 to March 2017
• SME employed to absorb payroll process, document procedures and train new payroll specialists
• Establish, test and document SOX controls
February 2016 to October 2016
• Process bi-weekly, multi-state payroll for assigned pay groups using ADP EV5.
• Validate payroll output for accuracy while ensuring all documentation has necessary approval.
• Provide excellent customer service to internal clients, problem resolution, create and run custom reports.
Sr. Payroll Specialist NAM
August 2014 to January 2016
• Project lead for implementation to PayChex Flex from ADP WorkForce Now for multi-state, multi-entity payroll for 1200 North American employees.
• Document procedures that accomplish payroll objectives, develop process improvements to enhance efficiency while ensuring compliance with all laws and regulations.
Contract Payroll Positions
February 2014 to July 2014
• Process and maintain multi-state payroll for traveling healthcare employees utilizing ADP PayExpert.
• Produce custom and ad-hoc reports used for analysis by multiple departments.
July 2013 to November 2013
• Process and maintain multi-state payroll for manufacturing and sales employees utilizing ADP EV5.
• Run time interfaces, ad-hoc reports and vendor payments for payroll deductions.
Payroll Tax Analyst
October 2012 to July 2013
in charge of tax notice tracking and resolution of discrepancies to meet agency deadlines.
• Audit of monthly/quarterly/annual filing of tax returns and payments for all fifty states and Puerto Rico.
Professional Experience -
Payroll and Benefits Manager
November 2010 to March 2012
• Project lead for Implementation of ADP Enterprise eTime and ADP Workforce Now HRIS system incorporating all domestic business units.
• Document, communicate and train managers on payroll processes and procedures.
• Reconcile and post payroll to General Ledger, record journal entries for accounting month-end close.
March 2006 to March 2009
• Project lead for acquisitions and consolidations using ADP for payroll and PeopleSoft for accounting.
• Develop streamline processes and procedures to reduce payroll costs across ten entities.
• Consistently meet deadlines to provide accurate and timely reporting to multiple department heads.
Application Support Specialist
June 2004 to January 2006
• Provide daily assistance on the functional use of Darwin PEO payroll software to clients.
• Conduct telephone and on-site software training sessions to client users.
• Record client correspondence and issue resolution in Cicero custom call tracking software.
Lead Payroll Specialist
August 2000 to April 2004
• Process full cycle in-house payroll for all outpatient facilities using PeopleSoft.
• Reconcile payroll General Ledger accounts and audit time records for accuracy.
• Prepare tax returns and make payments for Federal, State, School and Local withholding.
ADP: EnterpriseV4 and V5, PayExpert, PCPW, Workforce Now Time/Attendance: ADP EZ Labor, Enterprise eTime, Kronos, Matrix Accounting: Oracle and PeopleSoft
Payroll: Ceridian, Darwin, PayChex, Paycor, PeopleSoft and UltiPro Reporting: ADP ReportSmith and Report Writer Microsoft: Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Word
Member of American Payroll Association
PayChex Corporate Training Center - Payroll Specialist Training Course
Certified user of ADP Enterprise V4 and V5, PayExpert, PCPW, and Workforce Now