Highly motivated, self-driven and goal oriented professional with an in-depth understanding of payroll software and various payroll interfaces. Individual who employs planning and organizational skills to meet deadlines with an emphasis on process improvement. Proven ability to establish a rapport with employees at all levels of the organization treating them with respect while safeguarding confidential information.
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Sr. Payroll Specialist NAM
August 2014 to January 2016
• Oversee timely disbursement of multi-state, multi-entity North American payroll (biweekly and monthly), Including taxes, garnishments and benefits for over 1,100 employees ensuring compliance with all laws and regulations.
• Develop and document all procedures/processes necessary to accomplish payroll objectives while recommending improvements to enhance efficiency.
• Compile and balance payroll journals, working closely with the Accounting team in resolving balances.
• Prepare year end payroll audit schedules, oversee payroll tax payments and forms preparation.
February 2014 to June 2014
Temporary position with a local traveling healthcare company processing payroll for 450 employees.
July 2013 to November 2013
Temporary position with a local manufacturing company processing payroll for 700 employees.
Payroll Tax Analyst
October 2012 to July 2013
9 month contract as an SME in charge of tax notice tracking and resolution
Payroll and Benefits Manager
November 2010 to March 2012
• Implemented electronic timekeeping and HRIS system incorporating all domestic business units
• Implemented and communicated streamlined payroll processes and procedures
• Posted payroll to G/L, reconciled accounts, journal entries for accounting month-end close
March 2006 to March 2009
• Developed streamline processes and procedures to reduce payroll costs for • Coordinated payroll implementation for acquisitions keeping the lines of communication open
• Consistently met deadlines providing the most accurate and complete information possible
Application Support Specialist
June 2004 to January 2006
• Provided daily support covering the functional use of Darwin payroll/accounting software
• Conducted telephone and on-site training sessions
• Recorded client correspondence in Cicero custom call tracking software
Lead Payroll Specialist
August 2000 to April 2004
• Developed a work flow process saving time and the reduction of 91% of payroll errors
• Reconciled payroll General Ledger accounts and audited time records for accuracy
• Prepared returns and made payments for Federal, State, School, Local withholding taxes
Service Country: United States
Branch: Air Force
Rank: E-5 Ssgt.
February 1979 to April 1989
Honor Graduate, Expert Marksmanship, NCO Leadership training course
American Payroll Association member
April 1995 to Present
ADP: Enterprise, PayExpert, PCPW, Workforce Now ReportSmith, Report Writer PeopleSoft: Accounting, Payroll and Human Resources Payroll: Ceridian, Darwin, PayChex and UltiPro
Time/Attendance: Enterprise eTime, Kronos, Matrix, Medefis, Quest, ShiftWise, StafferLink, WFX Oracle: Accounting Empower Tax
Member of American Payroll Association - CPP study group
Payroll Specialist School - PayChex Corporate Training Center
NCO Leadership Program - US Air Force