A leadership position in which acquired expertise; creative talents and commitment to excellence will have valuable application.
May 2010 to Present
• Manage a $1.5 mm project a community center for the Salvation Army in Augusta, GA.
Technical Service Engineer
January 2008 to July 2009
• Building code and Factory Mutual Insurance compliance of proposals from 65 offices.
• Technical consultant to the Risk Management team defending legal challenges.
October 2004 to January 2008
VP Operations 10/03 to 10/04
• Directed activities for a construction corporation specializing in roofing and cladding installation with annual revenues approaching $10M with 4 offices and a staff of 12 professional and 60 construction employees.
• Negotiated contracts with customers and suppliers established milestone objectives and critical path schedules.
• Reorganized management team with monthly goals and objectives.
• Implemented problem-solving groups based on Lean Manufacturing format.
• Site management of Proctor and Gamble Hanger, San Bernardino Community College, St. Thomas Moore Church, Puente Hills Recycling Facility and Wright Patterson Air Force Museum in Dayton, OH where the Army Corps of Engineering awarded MetalMark the site safety award.
Manager Training and Design
January 2001 to October 2003
• Estimated project costs and developed bid proposals based on plans and specifications.
• Prepared project proposals and designs to ensure compliance with building codes.
• Delivered proposals to customers and developed plans and specifications with Architects
• Trained field personal in safety and OSHA requirements
Manager Training and Design
June 1999 to January 2001
• Developed and presented power point seminars to educate sale's personnel on metal roofing.
• Designed retrofit roofing including structural framing to meet building codes.
• Instructed field personnel on proper roof installation and quality workmanship.
• Made contract submittals including drawings, calculation and test documentation.
Pittsburgh, PA - Senior Development Engineer
March 1997 to June 1999
• Developed and optimized the design of a 2-piece clip for standing seam roof products.
• Designed tooling with .001 inch tolerances to produce the clips and panels.
• Instructed field personnel on installation of products and operation of site roll formers.
June 1996 to March 1997
for American Panel Incorporated on legal suits involving Philadelphia airport.
• Managed JOBCO a small machining and structural fabricating shop in Ambridge, PA
Pittsburgh, PA - Senior Engineer
January 1994 to June 1996
• Launched 'Roof Systems', a supplier of metal roofing and siding with sales of $15m.
• Developed new roofing panels and products for the architectural metal cladding market.
• Designed roll-form tooling, joint seamers and punch dies to manufacture new profiles.
Pittsburgh, PA - Engineering Manager
April 1989 to January 1994
• Managed CAD drafting groups that prepared project drawings for $20m in annual sales.
• Provided structural analysis to document roof system design.
• Factory Mutual and Underwriter Laboratory Testing of metal roof and wall products.
• Designed gravity ventilation systems for steel and glass industry
Pittsburgh, PA - Plant Manager
April 1987 to April 1989
• Set up and managed a new plant to assemble $10m of curtainwall products.
• Consistently exceeded expectations with plant operating at 89% and 90% of budget.
• Implemented SAP, MRP and developed standard costs on new product lines.
• Design and procurement of extrusions and tooling for curtain wall projects.
Senior Facilities Engineer
January 1985 to March 1987
Facilities Engineer 4/82 to 1/85
• Design new wall liner panel with roll form tooling and cut off die • Installed programmable equipment controls to manufacture and package foam filled panels
Paden City, WV - Supervisor of Equipment and Maintenance
May 1980 to April 1982
• Supervised 4 salaried and 16 men in a hot glass plant.
• Coordinated the plant cost reduction program saving $200,000 or 10% of plant budget
• Installed a monitoring system to measure and improve maintenance
• Planned and implemented the annual 4 week shutdowns or outages of the plant.
Paden City, WV - Senior Equipment Engineer
May 1978 to May 1980
• Implemented the 3-phase electrical power upgrade including the substation transformer and main power lines through out the plant.
• Upgraded the instrumentation and controls of the kilns.
• Improved operation of the decorating equipment to reduce downtime and improve quality.
Greencastle, PA - Equipment Engineer
September 1976 to May 1978
• Coordinating the accessory cost reduction program redesigning.
• Justified, procured and installed box assembly and packaging equipment.
June 1974 to September 1976
• Designed air compressors and other components used in mass transit and railroad industries.
BS in Engineering Science
MS in Engineering
• 35 years of professional experience in construction and manufacturing industries.
• Managed salaried and hourly employees using goals and objectives to build teamwork
• Project Management, scheduling, procurement, vendor and customer contract negotiations.
• Professional Engineering License in PA and construction licenses in 10 states,
• Product design from concept, testing, tooling, manufacturing and installation.
• Electrical control of equipment and instrumentation monitoring of furnaces.
• Hands on leader with people skills to motivate and develop team members.
• Started up and managed a new business and a new plant
• Thrive in both independent and collaborative work environments.