February 2011 to January 2012
Managed company operations for 20 year successful valve machining and repair business. Reorganized departments, reducing costs by 14%. Eliminated losses due to improper purchasing procedures and an unacceptable product rejection rate from the factory floor. Developed new business plan and budget for expansion justification to accommodate additional production and markets.
• As the General Manager of the Central California manufacturing company, designed a business plan to justify an expansion facility for new markets in the southwestern US. Implemented a cost reduction effort including the reduction in headcount, improving operating income by 7% in year one.
VP Sales and Operations
2008 to 2011
Responsible for all operations, R&D and sales activities. Developed and tested several system prototypes that became part of the standard product line and established new market revenues for the company. Implemented CFD program to assist in new product R&D and equipment performance validation. Assisted in the recruitment and hiring of the VP of Engineering and CFO, to expand operations capabilities for new, larger and more sophisticated 'system' contracts.
• VP of Sales and Operations of the Central California manufacturing company, wrote new business plan to expand the capital equipment product line for entry into industrial and municipal markets, including hiring and training sales and operations personnel. Established contacts with manufacturer's reps and distributor sales channel companies in North America, Europe and Asia, increasing revenues by 12% in the first year and by 41% in year two. Industrial and municipal market successes expanded internationally, including new patent applications for system design.
Regional Sales Manager
2005 to 2008
Managed sales and operations for $75 million in annual revenues. Worked with corporate M&A team to integrate two companies, including all capital assets, sales and operations. Maintained a minimum of 10% growth for 3 years through the merger and business platform transition.
• Regional Sales Manager of an International corporation with $70 million in annual US/North American sales, reorganized/hired and directed the teams to turnaround two failing branch facilities. Implemented business strategy with 20 new sales and operations personnel, achieving record double-digit growth in revenues for three consecutive years.
2000 to 2005
Teamed with Illinois Venture Capital Group to design, build and market new system for disinfection. Developed business plan including recruiting/hiring key experienced directors for finance, manufacturing and sales/marketing. Established strategic partnership with market leader to accelerate sales revenues and build brand recognition in the market.
• President of a startup company established operations and sales/marketing strategies for a new equipment product line for industrial markets. Recruited and hired key department leaders, developed an operating budget, reducing cash burn by more than 50% in the first year. Company was relocated to Illinois and remains a profitable and growing business.
1989 to 2000
Reorganized two merged company sales and service operations for Southwest US, including reducing headcount and redesigning business plan to accommodate new markets. Developed strategy to eliminate attrition with managed, aggressive communication and service plan for merged business customer base.
• District Manager of global Fortune 500 chemical sales and service company in the San Francisco Bay Area, Pacific Northwest and Southern California Districts. Maintained double digit revenue growth for seven consecutive years including managing the two district turnaround reorganizations.
1981 to 1989
Managed distribution facility and all sales and service operations for CA Central Valley and Coast. Established record growth in revenues. Implemented a new business plan for a second failing district that created revenue growth within the first year, leading to combined district operations from year two forward.
• District Manager of a global Fortune 500 chemical sales and service company in the Central California Valley and the Central Coast Area, maintained double digit revenue growth for five consecutive years including managing the top district of 250 offices in North America.
Bachelors of Science in Education