IT, MARKETING & BUSINESS PROFESSIONAL
A top-performing IT Executive credited with combining sales, marketing, and business development expertise to deliver substantial revenue growth in highly competitive business markets. Strong expertise in developing and implementing software products for retail markets, overseeing high-level software portfolios, and prioritizing investments in conjunction with overall budget and business plans. Highly accomplished in consultative selling and ability to build and maintain relationships.
July 2013 to May 2014
Support Sales Team with technical knowledge of InComm's suite of products
Helping Sales close deals by providing technical capabilities of products
Effective written and oral communications with both internal teams and clients
Efficiency with MS office product suite
Marketing Product Manager - Software Group
May 2008 to February 2009
Marketing product manager for Tivoli Provisioning Manager to define/drive Tivoli strategy and product requirements for Cloud Computing. *** Took Early Retirement ***
Marketing Product Manager - Software Group
April 2007 to April 2008
Responsible for defining strategy and market management for Autonomic Computing - an emerging technology at that time
• Identified and prioritized new business opportunities for autonomic computing in the Tivoli portfolio to provide competitive differentiation.
o Defined new solutions that exploited autonomic capabilities with an emphasis on predictive and proactive service management that led to creation of a new Green Data Center offering for Tivoli.
• Performed market analysis/created Tivoli revenue forecast for a potential software company acquisition.
Business and Software Strategist
2002 to March 2007
Responsible for software strategy in Retail Store Solutions
• Managed $25M software portfolio and prioritized investments in conjunction with overall budget and business plan
• Designed and implemented new offerings for the market with a solutions focus and integration with enterprise software
• Provided on-going overall guidance to software marketing managers including future product direction and product lifecycle management
• Effectively communicated with and advised executive management team, lead architects, ISVs and customers to ensure consistency in understanding, direction and execution of our strategy and new product requirements
• Successfully presented multiple concepts to our investment board for new offerings that were funded and delivered to the market, including:
• Client Appliance promoting a new architecture and business model to drive IBM middleware, server/blades sales and significant services.
• Self Checkout solution to address $1B market opportunity
• Retail optimized Linux strategy and middleware offering
• Point of Sale application for the European market
Played key role in IBM's acquisition of $40M self checkout company to fill solutions gap in our portfolio
• Performed detailed market analysis, competitive analysis and reviewed several potential target companies. During this project, I consulted with numerous customers and analysts. Put together business case and package for Deal Committee. Led due diligence for IBM from both a business and technical software perspective. Worked with Corporate Development to successfully close the deal. Created all the marketing materials for product introduction.
Led evaluation of divesting of a portion of the software portfolio
• Completed detailed analysis of this component of our overall business strategy. Worked as lead Retail Store System interface with Corporate Development to perform financial analysis, potential customer sat. issues, asset valuation, risk mitigation, terms and conditions of sale, etc.
Software Architect / Lead Interface to Business Development
1997 to 2002
Software architect for development of new Point of Sale (POS) applications and new business opportunities.
• One of two lead IBM architects to assist/enable a key customer development partner to develop a new Java-based POS solution resulting in an IBM product available worldwide.
• Played key role in defining and refining technical software strategy for Retail Store Solutions.
• Provided technical evaluations and recommendations to line management and marketing organization to evaluate numerous new business opportunities with development partners.
Marketing Product Manager
1996 to 1997
Marketing Product Manager for multiple middleware products.
• Launched several key middleware products for the retail industry in use in hundreds of Tier 1 retailers.
1995 to 1996
Project Manager for key customer accounts (Woolworth and KB Toys) to pilot point of sale solutions
Lead Marketing Product Manager / Software Developer
1994 to 1994
Lead Product Manager for a completely new retail store software solution, inclusive of high-availability middleware, a cross-segment mission-critical POS application, including CRM as well as additional in-store applications. Responsibilities included: requirements gathering to design and implementation to product delivery and customer acceptance.
• Worked with strategic clients, geography leads, R&D and marketing organizations to define new object-oriented in-store retail enterprise solution
• Responsible for business case, overall solution requirements, coordination of operating system and multiple application design and implementations.
• Managed a development team working on internal and external tools and library management.
• Led development of a new compiler and runtime libraries for IBM's 2nd generation POS solutions. Solution is still in use in close to 1,000.000 POS terminals around the world.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
Market Management, Portfolio Management, Strategist