Growth and goal oriented merchant processing senior leadership professional with experience in building and leading sales teams, securing non bankcard referral relationships with non-bankcard merchant resellers. Building and nurturing referral relationships with financial institutions, solid background in project & business management process improvement. Sales training and marketing. Excellent communication and collaboration skills with 15 plus years of industry experience.
Job Skills and Core Strengths:
• Recruiting, Team structuring / Team Building / Team Management
• An experienced leader with the ability to manage cross-functional teams and multi-disciplinary projects
• Excellent product and sales trainer
• Influencing, leading, negotiating and delegating tasks
• Ability to elicit trust and confidence with internal and external stakeholders
• Great team player; adaptable and comfortable in stressful situations while focusing on goals and objectives
• Deep background in managing and supporting the needs of direct reports, clients and the processes that impact them
• Broad knowledge and understanding of merchant processing industry
• Strategic Planning
• Project management
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Senior Project Manager
2012 to August 2012
Lead members of a multi-disciplinary team to customize and implement Pearson's K-12 Schoolnet product. Schoolnet is a suite of student assessment tools. School districts purchase this multi-million dollar data system to manage and make assessment and performance data more accessible to teachers, parents, school and district leaders. School leaders can effectively respond to data analysis through instructional planning and the use of curriculum management tools to help improve outcomes.
• Responsible for detailing scope of work, delivery time tables, cost, goals and deliverables. Managed project budget and managed project resource allocation.
• Lead the planning and implementation of projects, assigns and tracks team tasks, identifies and managed risks to implementation and projected completion dates.
• Finalizes project specific agreements with District partners. Finalizes Scope of Work for multiple module deliveries, define scope assumptions, responsibilities, time lines, acceptance criteria, pricing and payment schedules.
• Assembles, coordinates, provides direction and support to project staff. Presents reports that outline project progress, issues, risks and solutions.
• Works closely with Product and Sales team to drive account growth.
2009 - 20
Senior Vice President
September 2009 to July 2012
Recruited to realign and lead new account acquisition ISOs in offering new products to clients with accountability to increase customer satisfaction and reduce ISO attrition.
• Responsible and accountable for the coordinated management of merchant cash advance ISO recruiting, training and onboarding.
• Directed merchant processing team in building increased profitability for merchant card portfolio.
• Responsible for oversight of merchant card program, established high-risk merchant processing program www.merchanthighriskprocessing.com.
• Designed and implemented High Risk performance planning processes and procedures.
• Negotiated all contracts with highrisk processors, financial institutions and Independent Sales Organizations. Built credibility, established rapport, and maintained communication with stakeholders at multiple levels, including those external to the organization. while working to ensure the ultimate success and acceptance of the program.
Executive Vice President
September 2006 to February 2009
Sold equity interest in Cynergy Direct and assumed role of Executive Vice President
• Managed and directed internal sales division and call center. Responsible for aspects of organizational management pertaining to sales employees, operations and personnel decisions.
• Mergers and acquisition sales team coordination. Responsible for integrating, training and productivity of sales personnel.
• Created, developed and trained customer retention team to reduce customer attrition.
• Responsible for ISO recruiting and contract negotiations and onboarding support.
• Guided marketing department in creation of sales collateral that included brochures, training manuals and merchant prospect kits for ISOs.
November 2004 to September 2006
Managed growth of direct sales merchant processing company. Grew merchant processing portfolio to over 1600 merchants that annually processed in excess of $42,000,000 through direct telesales, ISOs and bank referrals.
• Managed and directed sales efforts. Responsible for all aspects of organizational management including P&L, sales, operations and personnel decisions.
• Created and developed strategic partner referral programs with banks, point of sale value-added resellers (VAR's) and business associations.
• Created and implemented sales program to align with new corporate strategy utilizing employee based direct sales model. Guided marketing department in creation of sales collateral that included brochures, training manuals and merchant prospect kits.
• Initiated and managed the development of an integrated custom Customer Relationship Management (CRM), which enabled the company to effectively manage, measure and improve it's sales prospecting efforts and speed of customer activations.
Account Executive/Territory Manager/Regional Sales Manager
November 2002 to November 2004
Successfully launched and established merchant processing sales office in New York Metropolitan area by recruiting and training team of outside sales representatives. Recruited, trained and coached outside sales reps on products and services, motivated and directed them to meet sales goals. Assisted in closing larger more complicated deals.
• Develop strategies, processes and plans that enable the team to meet their sales goals while achieving key territory metrics.
• Serve as an integral member of the management team and develop strong relationships with key
bank partners, product and support partners, and other business partners as needed.
• Responsible for selecting new outside sales team members, arranging appropriate training,
managing performance, and identifying and addressing obstacles to ensure individual and team performance.
• Coach team members and partners to exceed performance expectations.
• Leverage product and process knowledge to coach sales representatives and ensure best
practices are shared across the team.
• Manage team using a consistent set of sales management routines to monitor and evaluate team
performance against quota attainment.
Senior Regional Sales Manager - Long Island
March 2002 to November 2002
Regional Sales Manager
September 1999 to March 2002
Outside Sales Representative - Long Island
November 1998 to September 1999
After starting as Outside Sales Rep. Hired to Recruit, Train and directed sales representatives in large territory(Ohio, Pittsburgh and West Virginia). Consistently managed group to meet and exceed sales objectives.
• Consistently exceeded sales goals by recruiting experience sales professionals, training
consistently, motivating the team through incentives, and creating highly competitive sales
• Taught consultative approach to determine prospects needs and directed sales people to present appropriate solutions to top executives.
• Grew strategic vertical market clientele through aggressive new client prospecting and cold calling.
• Developed network of referral sources throughout the territory and First Data related
• Provided consistent guidelines for success and forged a culture of best practice selling
• Developed product proposals, pricing strategies and guidelines for sales representatives.
• Introduced comprehensive collateral for over twenty payment processing services and created a matrix outlining their most effective combinations.
• Directed the performance of regional sales representatives to assure achievement of profit and growth objectives.
Outside Sales Representative - Long Island, New York
Responsible for acquiring check and credit card processing accounts in a retail environment.
• Consistently exceeded sales quota by aggressively cold calling and prospecting new
customers in strategic vertical markets.
• Consistently sold more than double the national average of accounts per month.
• Ascended to management level within 6 months.
• Utilized cross-selling strategy to introduce multiple products, which resulted in lower customer
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
Associates of Arts in Human Services