Bilingual Human Resources professional with demonstrated success in the following areas:
• Labor & Employment Law
• HRIS/HR Metrics Reporting and Analysis
• Employee Relations
Freelance Spanish Interpreter
2011 to Present
Interpreter in medical, social service, educational and government settings.
Human Resources Representative
2000 to 2011
- Business advisor and strategist providing guidance to management and employees at all levels on a myriad of issues
- Responsible for coordination and performance of on-site temporary agency placing between 600 -
1,000 contingent workers across three shifts. Through strategic partnership, increased average fill
rate from 90% to 100%.
- Exempt and non-exempt recruiting (from sourcing to onboarding).
- Provided insight, counsel and guidance to supervisors and managers in resolving employee
relations issues and business challenges through collaboration and effective partnering
- Designed and delivered training classes to address specific development needs of supervisory
staff (i.e., Sexual Harassment, New Hire Orientation, Progressive Discipline; Performance
Management; Safety/OSHA Training), ensuring legal compliance and avoiding harassment
claims in the workplace
- Spearheaded plant closure efforts- ensuring compliance with WARN, obtaining Federal Trade
certification for over 1,000 employees, providing career readiness tools, resume development,
interviewing skills, and job search techniques for workforce
- Translated employee communications. Interpreted for Spanish speaking personnel.
B.S. in International Business & Spanish
Fluet in Spanish
MS Office, Lotus Notes
HRIS Systems: PeopleSoft, Kronos, ADP, Abra 2000 & others