I enjoy working with various non profit organizations to assist their members in qualifying for their first home. My former teaching background allows me get up close and detailed with prospective homeowners. I enjoy giving mortgage seminars and workshops.
Mortgage Loan Officer
September 2004 to January 2012
Meets with prospective as well as current clients to develop information pertaining to their lending needs.
• Participating in an aggressive business development program's establishments and maintenance for developing profitable bank relationships.
• Helping in lending activity coordination through direct connection with loan department.
• Responsible for representing the bank and providing leadership in key community activities involving civic, charitable, business and social organizations to maintain a appropriate responsible citizen stature for the bank.
• Determined various credit needs of bank's market area through several business and community functions to ensure that the objectives of Community Reinvestment (CRA) are being met.
• Working with 3 of the major nonprofit organizations to secure homes for qualified families under Community Reinvestment Act CRA.
• Holding educational seminars for 1st time homebuyers at the different Citibank branches.
• Secured FHA and VA loans under Citibank's CRA initiative.
Executive Vice President
August 1995 to September 2004
Ran the day to operations of a NYS Licensed Mortgage Brokerage firm.
• Responsible for hiring mortgage consultants.
• Compliance Officer responsible for coordination NY State compliance & review of mortgage files.
• Underwrote new mortgage applications and works with all banks to secure the best deals for our customers.
• Attended and participated in New York City Economic Development Fairs and workshops held in the boroughs.
• Promoted business by developing relationships with new and existing realtors, borrowers and builders.
• Pre-qualified and interviewed potential borrowers.
• Provide information to borrowers and related parties about loan options, documents, market conditions and other requirements necessary to close the loan.
• Helped operations personnel in processing and closing loans.
• Analyzed and reviewed new loan guidelines, updates, programs and changes.
Adjunct Professor - Mathematics
January 1995 to August 1996
Adjunct Professor- Mathematics
• Demonstrated experience in measuring student learning outcomes, developing curriculum, assessing and improving student learning and evaluating course efficacy.
• Strong experience teaching with a variety of classroom technologies.
• Proven experience teaching and relating to students from diverse academic, socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds.
• Understanding of developmental math, English, and reading strategies and learning methodologies for students.
Bachelor of Science - Cum Laude in Teacher Education
1971 to 1973