Woodland Hills, CA
Articulate, ambitious and results-focused Business Professional with a Bachelors Degree in Accounting eager to contribute solid analytical, communication and client relations skills toward optimizing the bottom line performance of a progressive employer in an Accounting role.
June 2014 to Present
-Recorded cash receipts, cashier’s check usage, and incoming wires into Great Plains & Yardi
-Assist with the month-end treasuring reporting process by preparing monthly journal entries to close affected accounts.
-Managing bank relationships including banking activities reporting (includes analyzing bank balances and service fees)
-Prepare and review regular journal entries as they relate to the month end close
-Review financial statement variances during month-end and ensure that accounting transactions are complete and balances are accurate.
-Responsible and accountable for the timely submission of the Joint Venture Reporting and its requirements.
-Ensure the clearing of checks and deposits/receipts on a daily basis
-Review reconciling items and ensure there are no long outstanding items/amounts
-Review and report any unusual bank transactions, invalid disbursements, withdrawals, transfers, other issues and policy violations.
-Assist with external audit requests as needed
May 2011 to Present
• Analyze financial data to determine bank account balances to provide refunds to investors and clients.
• Daily Reconciliation of Bank Statements, Vendor Fees and Third Party Checks. Accounts for approximately 2 billion transactions on the liability side of the balance sheet.
• Audit and review vendor statements to ensure payments received promptly and accurately applied to loans.
• Recorded and Applied post sale activity funds.
• Identified, initiated, facilitated resolution of 49 aging 3rd party checks totaling $2.5 million YTD resolved.
• Contributed to process of improvement to mediate risk by implemented the usage of pivot tables in summary report’s to lessen the amount of duplicate payments to customers, resulting in an overall company savings.
• Developed and updated new hire training procedures for daily disbursement and reconciliation.
• Adhered to all company and OCC (Office of the controller of currency).
• Received and reconciled sub ledger at loan level.
• Processed wire disbursement to attorney partners for excess funds from 20K 3rd party sales totaling $4 million YTD.
• Daily reconciliation of computer source system to accounts payable ledger.
August 2010 to February 2011
• Accurate data entry and coding of NAP (National Accounting Program) deposits and disbursements as assigned in Great Plains accounting system.
• Regulate NAP deposits and disbursements to the bank statement and general ledger.
• Administer internal control analysis by monitoring all Region, Area and Section accounts assigned to ensure compliance with NAP policies, standards, and deadlines.
• Maximized call volumes as well as sales by facilitating and fostering relationships with customers.
July 2006 to May 2010
• Play key role in branch reorganization, including revitalizing referral structure, improving customer and employee relations as well as increasing efficiency behind the teller line through extended training practices.
• Responsible for handling $150,000+ monthly via managing the bank vault and currency shipments.
• Calculate and report trends related to foreign currency to reduce churn and shipping times for all branch customers.
• Maintain all branch customer financial needs through product and service recommendations created to expedite customer wait times and banker preparedness.
January 2009 to April 2009
• Perform account receivables, account payables and general ledger functions.
• Utilize Schedule D tax form to analyze and assess capital gains and losses of clients.
• Monitor timesheets monthly for correct payroll data and budget assignment entries.
Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting