Cliffside Park, NJ
Accomplished Financial professional with significant years of experience within the Financial Services industry. Extensive expertise in customer service and solid understanding of general ledger, P&L, balance sheet, capital reporting and audit preparation. Strong communication skills and documented success in exceeding customer satisfaction and organization skills. Areas of focus include:
System Conversion Service Quality
Offshore Transition Analytical Reviews
Financial Processes Costumer Service
Financial Analyst/Accountant - 1990/Present
January 1989 to Present
1989 to 1990
• Track, process and maintain all spending on Major Expenditure Proposal & Capital Acquisition Projects as well as retrieving proper document approvals.
• Reconcile of 198 Construction in Progress accounts, ensure that projects are on compliance within the 10% over budget rate.
• Generate and distribute monthly Projection and Status Reports with year to date variance analysis of spending detail.
• Report Quarterly Statistic of Major Expenditures Proposal (MEP) to Senior Management.
• Prepare and Review quarterly Sarbanes Oxley (SOX 302) reports with Branch Facilities, Home Office and Internal Audit for appropriate sign off.
• Key contact for internal, external, and year end firm audit Acct as key contact with general auditing on projects questions
• Act as Lead role in all phases of SAP project conversion of AVIS system (e.g. parallel test, test cases): o Manage monthly parallel testing
o Generate, organize and submit reconciliations and reports
o Develop and record test cases in compliance with auditor recommendations and business requirements
• Process and manage numerous month end reports and daily entries to P&L and balance sheet posting in Global accounting systems
• Daily interaction with Project Managers, and Branches to prepare for monthly account processing and present Projection Report, Project Status Report
• Prepare monthly settlement of P&L to MEP accounts, monthly movement of MEP accounts to Fixed Assets
• Monthly process of invoice tracking for Tax Department
• Reconcile maintenance account and process invoices; maintain registers and journals on orders. Reconcile receivables accounts
1987 to 1988
Responsible for monthly reconciliation process of Cigna's Accounts, which resulted in escalation to Assistant Manager. Prepared vouchers and drawed checks. Inputted of journal entries in system, tracking of patients accounts under HMO Plan.
Account Receivable/Payable Clerk
1984 to 1987
Collection of Cash receipts, Reconcile Vendors Accounts. Matched and coded purchase orders. Prepared deposits from Patients.
Draw check for vendors
1995 to 1998
o Working knowledge of the following systems: Windows, MS Office, Word, Excel, SAP, GJOW, CAL, GEAR, APPO, FTR, Page Center, Org Chart, PowerPoint, STAR.
o Languages: English & Spanish