An enthusiastic career manager and skilled tradesman ready to excel. I'm a Team player, who encourages effective coordination to accomplish company goals and objectives. I have a proven track record of developing and cultivating a stimulating work environment to produce maximum results. Striving to be a problem solver and motivator is my primary goal.
November 2001 to Present
• Currently holds a valid Class "A" CDL with HAZMAT, tanker, and passenger endorsements.
• Managed fleet of 100+ tractor-trailer units and drivers with routes to landfills in MD, VA, DC, and PA.
• Responsible for timely and efficient transportation of MSW from transfer stations in MD, VA, DC, and PA, as well as coordinating load counts and tonnage obligations for said stations.
• Logistical Subject Matter Expert with the @road and NetworkFleet, GPS tracking systems; used to provide real time logistical reports on an hourly and daily basis.
• Opened the new Baltimore County contract in 12/09.
• Provided maintenance support to this satellite location to effectively manage a growing fleet and accomplish the company mission.
• Accountable for ensuring that all operators are DOT compliant, emphasizing a safe and drug free work environment.
• Maintained daily correspondence with D.C. Public Works, Waste Management, Baltimore and Calvert County Upper management via email, conference calls and operations meetings.
• Responsible for compiling performance evaluations for a staff of 20-35 employees
• Prepared for and led staff meetings on a weekly basis
POC: Frank Carter; Special Projects Manager, Office # 240-882-3329
School Bus Operator
August 1996 to November 2001
• Operated County school bus on an assigned route
• Responsible for the safety and welfare of up to 300 students daily to 6 different schools.
• Maintained all professional qualifications and safety standards.
• Developed and maintained a strong trusting bond with educators and parents.
Arrowhead Lot Foreman, Office #
September 1998 to November 1999
• Transported product from several sites in N.Y. and N.J. to warehouses in Philadelphia and Laurel, MD.
• Responsible for the timely and direct delivery of a temperature sensitive product to facilities for next day delivery.
• Worked independently through the night and properly secured facilities upon completion of task.
POC: Nathaniel Butler; Route Mgr.: Office # 718-302-0677
Tractor-trailer Driver (CTV's)
April 1992 to May 1996
• Initially hired as a courier in downtown Washington, D.C.
• Transferred to the IAD ramp at Dulles Airport as a tractor trailer driver.
• Pulsed freight nightly from the ramp to various FedEx locations throughout the Washington Metro Area.
October 1989 to February 1992
• Duties were to install service and maintain streetlights, traffic signals and electrical services.
• Included all aspects of problem shooting, tracing faults, and using test equipment.
• Efficient with hand and power tools.
• As an experienced technician, given many opportunities to work as a crew leader and supervisor.
• Operated bucket trucks, backhoes, and company pick-up trucks.
• Worked closely with inspectors in DC, MD and VA.
POC: Gene Rawlings; Superintendent: Office # 703-742-3500
March 1989 to October 1989
• Responsibilities included installation of conduit and manhole construction.
• Used various hand, air actuated and power tools.
• Job sites included various locations in Washington, D.C.
• Operated company trucks and participated in construction techniques classes.
October 1988 to December 1988
• Duties included the delivery of parcels to private homes and businesses on an assigned route.
• Operated a large Grumman van and collected delivery fees (COD's) when necessary.
POC: Bill Evans; Route Manager: Office # 800-742-5877
Construction Electrician 2nd Class Petty Officer
December 1983 to October 1988
• Responsibilities included high voltage cable splicing, balancing loads, interior/exterior wiring, and power distribution.
• Used hand and power tools and operated test equipment.
• Planned and estimated construction projects and supervised up to 18 men crews.
• Please see DD 214 and Performance Evaluations and Certificates of Completion upon request.
August 1998 to October 1998
August 1991 to December 1992
August 1981 to December 1982
September 1979 to June 1981
SKILLS & COURSES COMPLETED
Electric Motors and Controllers Blue Print Reading
Planning and Estimating Power Distribution Systems II
National Electric Codes Small Gas Engines Repair
Electrical Power and Distribution Construction Electricians Math
Cable Splicing Ditcher Operations
Construction Electrician Class "A" Power & Comm. Cable Splicing
CDL License Class "A" Tractor Trailer Operator
Real Estate Appraisal Certificates