Lake Hopatcong, NJ
IT Management * IT Operations * Technology Director
Improving business operations through superior Information Technology Management
Highly accomplished, results-focused IT Executive with proven record of success in directing IT operations, business functions, and strategic planning. Extensive experience in all aspects of technology governance and consulting, including networking, service & support, business development, information security, eBusiness, and more. Adept at leading top-performing teams in technology development, process improvement, and business-IT integration. Familiar with managing complete project life cycles.
Owner / Manager / Senior Consultant
2009 to Present
Established and manage technology services consulting firm for non-profit and for-profit sectors. Oversee all business functions, including financials, customer relations, proposals, advertising, project management, and more. Provide services in wireless and network support, PC/laptop repair, VoIP, business-IT integration, databases, data security, web design, SEO, and digital media.
• Built business from initial startup to client base of 24 accounts.
• Improved efficiency by implementing bookkeeping, AR/AP, billing, and inventory systems.
• Designed websites for companies and non-profit organizations.
• Negotiated several multi-year maintenance contracts with accounts.
• Managed complex workstation installation, server redesign, router installation, software upgrades, wireless peripherals configuration, and FTP / remote access services design initiative for client.
• Achieved major cost savings for clients by identifying solutions for eliminating expenses.
• Implemented new fiber optics, wireless access points, routing, filtering, and web cams for client.
• Upgraded network security, network configurations, anti-virus software, and PC memory for Chester, NJ Borough Police Department. Also installed PCs in patrol vehicles.
• Saved National Flag $10,000 per year by identifying unnecessary hardware and eliminating several outdated service contracts and reducing internet access costs 65% while improving speeds 35x.
Director of Advancement Information Services
January 2012 to January 2013
Oversee working fund and capital fund acquisition for private boarding school. Additionally manage all IT and database functions and support for department. Direct all Raiser's Edge database reporting management. Carry out research of prospective donors.
• Effectively transitioned organization from local networked database to online hosted application. Led database integration, software installation in new Citrix environment, user training and support.
• Improved reporting and data tracking capabilities by introducing event tracking in Raiser's Edge.
• Enhanced efficiency by creating new reports for meetings and prospect research processes.
Assistant Executive Director
1990 to 2008
Oversaw entire IT and Accounting departments for non-profit organization with as many as 6,000 end users at any one time. Evaluated and procured hardware and software. Managed inventory, technology implementations, technical support, networking, and phones for 9 office and 13 additional locations. Supervised staff of 17. Conducted staff and end user training.
• Improved productivity by implementing LAN/WAN between buildings, plus Active Directory, Group Policy, wireless networking, fiber optics, T1, business cable, remote access, and more.
• Increased efficiency by automating several previously manual processes and data entry functions.
• Streamlined workflow by centralizing data input processes, which led to greater donations.
(Assistant Executive Director, continued)
• Planned and led critical upgrades to support business growth, as organization went from $2M non-profit to $14M community services provider.
• Enhanced voice and data communications, and cut costs, by implementing integrated VoIP systems.
• Facilitated cash management process by installing and updating financial and donation applications.
• Instituted real-time .NET website that enabled clients and employees to login, register for events, pay invoices, manage data, and fill out forms online.
• Designed and maintained advertising website. Maximized performance through SEO, achieving Google first-page ranking, and use of multiple domain names.
• Introduced CIPA-compliance, IP-based content filtering for staff and camp participants.
• Maximized security and eliminated down time data loss issues by implementing on-site backups and data security schemes, plus off-site disaster recovery backup solution.
• Launched online picture/movie website in 1998 that grew to 5,000 unique visitors daily.
• Improved financial operations by creating new spreadsheets and moving monetary transactions online. Also reduced data gathering for annual report from 2 months to less than 1 week.
1988 to 1990
BA in Politics
January 1983 to January 1988
Windows, Mac OS, Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge, MS Office Professional Suite, Active Directory, SQL Server, Photoshop, Crystal Reports, Peachtree, Quickbooks Pro, Illustrator, NetObjects Fusion, .NET, FTP, LAN/WAN, DSL, fiber optics, T1, SDSL, TCP/IP, VoIP, Cat6, routers, PCs, workstations, servers, network extenders, and much more
IT Governance, Startup Operations, Process Optimization, Strategic Planning, Turnaround Activities, System Implementations, Budget & Cost Control, Entrepreneurship, E-Commerce, IT / Data Security, Negotiations, Program Management, Restructuring, Web Design, Public Speaking, IT Support