2009 to Present
Regional Director of Operations
• Regional operational leader for up to 15 communities in Ohio, West Virginia, Tennessee and Kentucky, including 1100 Assisted, Memory Care, Independent and Skilled residents.
• Responsible for quality of programs and systems integration
• Collaborated for strong sales metrics with regional sales and quality team members
• Worked closely with licensing to achieve or improve licensing survey results
• Worked closely with Human Resources and Risk Services regarding employee and resident concerns.
• Responded routinely to family concerns
2006 to 2009
Vice President of Operations/Resident Services Team Leader
• Responsible for operations in Dining, Wellness, Housekeeping, Resident Relations, Assisted Living and Facilities Management for 19 Senior Living communities in 6 states
• Demonstrated NOI 5.5% NOI growth annually over 5 year period
• Excellent State Licensing visits/survey results
• Incorporated process management in all areas of operations
• Resident satisfaction results of 99%
• Associate engagement results of 98%
• Achieved Silver Award for CAPE (California state Malcolm Baldrige Award)
• High level of involvement in acquisition and change of ownership strategy and implementation
• Demonstrated ability to hire and develop Executive/Senior Directors
• Developed Sales standards and metrics for portfolio
Corporate Director of Assisted Living
2001 to 2006
• Corporate oversight and support for Assisted Living, Alzheimer's and Retirement Home Care programs
• Development and Implementation of training for on site staff to achieve quality programming
• Marketing and Networking support to maintain Assisted Living occupancy at 97%
• Develop and manage corporate and community budgets to maintain budgetary goals
• Development of Policies and Procedures
• Integration of risk management programs
• Implement QA/QI programs and maintain corporate and community
Corporate Director of Optimal Living
1999 to 2001
* Provided corporate support for dementia care and Optimal Living programs through program and policy design and implementation.
* Pre-opening support for new residences and regular site visits for 11 residences in 3 states.
* Developed resident assessment tool that enhanced revenue by 20% and allowed for improved service plan development and resident care.
* Designed position summaries for all areas of operations that outline accountabilities and expectations.
* Developed and implemented extensive training programs for managers and care staff.
* Designed corporate Tiered Quality Assurance program that included reviews and surveys for community operations, marketing, employee satisfaction, resident and family satisfaction.
* Provided consultation for wellness and medication programs.
1999 to 1999
* Developed corporate Best Practices and standards during acquisition/ transition.
* Responsible for health and wellness programs for multi-state, public corporation.
Vice President of Health and Quality Assurance
1992 to 1999
* Corporate accountability for all aspects of assisted living, dementia care, activity programming and quality assurance. Supervision of key departmental staff at corporate level.
Senior Director of Operations
1996 to 1998
Health and Quality Assurance
* Corporate specialist with responsibility and expertise in multi-disciplinary areas including health and wellness, ancillary services, design and regulatory review, specialized dementia care, activities, spirituality, intergenerational and volunteer programs, day resident, quality assurance, infection control, resident satisfaction and resident transportation.
* Developed and implemented proactive policies and programs for fall prevention, incident reporting, rehab therapy and wellness tracking.
* Training and consulting for wellness and program staff in 45 assisted living residences in 13 states.
* Member of corporate council designed to enhance communication company wide.
* Served as acquisition team member developing strategies for successful integration of policies and systems during time of company growth.
Director of Operations
1995 to 1996
* Developed resident assessment process, wellness, resident care and dementia care training manuals, admission and discharge criteria, and job descriptions.
* Developed and coordinated community based Neighbors program.
* Supervision of corporate staff responsible for foodservice, activities, dementia care, wellness training and resident transportation.
Corporate Director of Quality Assurance
1995 to 1995
* Designed and implemented extensive corporate quality assurance program. Responsible for regulatory compliance, as well as developing regulations and monitoring change in the assisted living industry.
* Corporate wellness and health oversight for multiple assisted living communities.
* Established cost-containing contracts with ancillary service providers and consultants.
1992 to 1995
Sunrise/Karrington of Bexley
* Implemented and developed care and service protocols for the first Karrington Assisted Living residence. Coordination of care and services for 70 residents, including therapy, pharmacy, equipment, laboratory, hospice and skilled nursing programs. Responsible for regulatory compliance, infection control and new policy and procedure development. Established and implemented training programs for staff orientation and development.
Retired from previous employment recently and looking for a part time position. United Methodist since birth and was previously married to a UMC minister for 30 years.