Director of Quality Assurance
September 2012 to July 2013
Human and Environmental Health
•Manages and leads teams of 50 QA professionals who test Desktop Productivity tools for scientist, an enterprise suite supporting decision management for life sciences research and Mobile applications for scientific research and educational support. Eight local direct managers with offshore leads and testers.
•Implemented test methodologies and processes to support effective test cases writing and execution by teams. Introduced a test case management tool (Zephyr) along with JIRA Bug Tracking System to ensure traceability in QA work
•Initiated a training plan for products, processes, tools, Agile and quality methodologies
•Worked directly with the PMO team to establish core metrics for measuring team performance and progress
•Hired staff, evaluated existing staff, executed performance plans, reporting directly to head of R&D organization
SENIOR MANAGER, SQA
June 2000 to July 2012
Global leader in workforce management solutions
• Managed and lead a team of up to 20 QA professionals responsible for delivering a suite of workforce management applications built with C, C++ and Java, supporting Windows, AIX, Linux and Solaris operating systems. Executed annual performance reviews with bi-weekly review of individual development plans and performance goals. Responsible for hiring, on boarding training and workforce reductions for the team.
• Assessed and enhanced test methodologies and test plans that were in place. Implemented a standardized test plan format and cross training program. Developed a test plan review process.
• Implemented an automation strategy, working with New Product Development on a transition plan for automated test handoff. Created and lead a special task team to evaluate automation coverage tools. Silk, Selenium, SOAP UI, LoadRunner and Emma technologies were utilized, as well as internally designed tools.
• Created and coordinated necessary testing for localization/languages.
• Partnered with the Global Support Organization to prioritize work for teams. Participated in release readiness review with responsibility of all deliverables to our Global Support organization.
• Managed the CE business delivering monthly service packs, troubleshooting results and patches while achieving high quality. Strong project management skills using software end-user requirements to meet customer needs.
• Certified Product Owner and Scrum Master. Product Owner for Automation Team and Release Engineering Team, Scrum Master for Platform and Timekeeper functional area teams. Developed, advocated and coached quality and scrum practices for Continuing Engineering Organization.
• Established a strategy to phase out the legacy product lines and move existing customers to current product offerings. Maintained the project plans for legacy products service pack and patch delivery.
• Lead the Corporate Intern Program and College New Hire program; facilitator of the Corporate Technology Team.
• Provides input to department’s fiscal budget regarding product purchases and team staffing.
1998 to 2000
Premier financial services company serving customers' investment and financial planning needs
• As a Release Lead in the Defined Benefits User Acceptance Test Group, responsible for developing, implementing a detailed project plan for DB software releases. DB releases included new clients, corporate actions, schema changes, enhancements and production incident fixes. Reported critical DB release issues and summarized progress in a metrics document that was distributed to management and their teams
• Database Coordinator/Database Owner Synchronized and coordinated the upgrading of Sybase test Databases with tests Releases. As technical Lead, responsibilities encompassed troubleshooting for environment test issues
• Client Lead for 1999 Clients. Developed a test strategy for assigned clients. Reviewed and modified workflow test cases to include enhancements. Performed data collections utilizing access query programs. Data was manipulated to match criteria in test cases. Executed test cases according to an outlined test schedule and reported results in a client metrics document. Lead for Hughes and D&B supporting a staggered business service rollout for both of these major clients.
• Designed and implemented a UAT Process for testing Releases. Participated in a group initiative to develop a detailed test process to be used as a standard template for future releases.
• Provided technical support to team by executing batch jobs through components of Defined Benefit client server application. Coordinated uploads for disbursement to OMNIPAY on the Mainframe including the verification of information in the OMNIPAY application. Other areas of support were FPRS Extracts; LRE/Literature uploads to Covington; and Database management (CSRs).
Business Administration/Marketing Management