I offer 22+ years of experience in Engineering and Construction for vertical and horizontal projects involving new construction, rehabilitation and environmental assessment. I have acquired expertise in the many construction related fields that include: System QA/QC Management, Project Management, Safety and Supervision on private, commercial and governmental construction projects, Infrastructures of highways, tunnels, and bridges, Specification Compliance and Practiced Health & Safety, OSHA Construction Safety, Civil Service Engineering.
Demonstrated Strengths include:
•Program and Project Management Productivity and Performance improvement
•Leadership and Team Building Organization and Time management Skills
•Quality Assurance/ Quality Control Workplace Safety and Compliance
•Tools: Microsoft Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project
Construction Project Manager - QC and QA.
September 2008 to Present
• Conducted all project related operations including organizing/managing/supervising job sites, developing schedules, maintaining quality control, ensuring projects were completed on time and budget.
• Communicated project development reports to company owner through all phases of construction.
Construction System CQC Manager - US Army CORPS OF ENG
November 2007 to August 2008
• Construction system quality control manager on 14 buildings of 40,000 SQF, $36 million budget.
• Responsible for project installation phases including EMP, security alarm and fire alarm system including Deluge and sprinkler System. Fully responsible for daily reporting of all company activity and communicated updates to leadership directly.
August 2003 to September 2007
• Problem resolution, task scheduling, project estimation and budget management, bid proposals for commercial and residential projects.
• Supervised field operations to meet closing deadlines through contractors and subcontractors
Assistant Project Manager
September 2002 to July 2003
• Construction of Long Island Express Way I-495 Noise Barrier Wall, Exit 61 to Exit 63, 2km, $8 million.
• Executed monthly estimates according to NYSDOT MURK/CEES including the preparation of force accounts and order on contract. Followed-up field construction operations, monitored the progress of contractors and subcontractors, reinforced NYSDOT specifications.
Assistant Project Manager
May 2002 to August 2002
• Marine Engineering on the Brooklyn Port Pier Decks Construction and Rehabilitation.
• Executed monthly estimates and projected future work for a total of 28 projects located in the 5 boroughs including Staten Island in the NYC area. Projects projection was over $300 million.
• Follow up on construction schedules/CPM and evaluated field engineering conditions for 12 different Brooklyn piers.
March 1997 to March 2002
• Field Engineering Services for the NYSDOT, NYCHA, TBTA and MTA. Work included: Steel work on various bridges, concrete and painting in 2000-2002.
• Traffic Signal Installation at Various Locations in Nassau and Suffolk Counties with NYSDOT. Improvements for 315 major intersections involving a new roadway construction and improvement that included new traffic signals system in 1999-2000.
• Field Engineering and Design Services for the NYSDOT on Bridges and Culverts inventory in 7 Counties. Services included structure rating according to state standards and specifications, design, surveying and inventory for 830 culverts/bridges varying between 5 to 16 meters span. Rated the structures conditions of all bridges and culverts elements above and underground, roadway elements above and underground, utilities and non standard features report.
Surveying services included GPS co-ordinates on every culvert, base mapping, stream cross-sections, profiles, abstract request mapping, easements, occupancy maps, right of way mapping, geometry of structure and acquisition mapping in 1998-1999.
• Surveying and Complete Design with Construction Support Services for the Six NY Bridges in 1997-1998
BS in Civil Engineering / Construction Management
1999 to 2003
Program and Project Management, Workplace Safety and Compliance, Leadership and Team Building, Quality Assurance/ Quality Control, Organization and Time management Skills, Productivity and Performance improvement