Administrative Professional with extensive experience and increasing responsibility supporting corporate senior management and attorneys. Demonstrated expertise in developing effective business relationships and organizing and coordinating large scale meetings and events. Excel at using technology and computer tools and quickly master new software. Resourceful, highly detailed and self-motivated to ensure deadlines are met. Experienced working both domestically and internationally. Excellent phone etiquette and interpersonal skills. Proven trust and confidentiality with proprietary information and sensitive personal data. Computer skills include Microsoft Office Suite., Lotus Notes, Notary Public.
March 1997 to Present
Executive Assistant, Senior Executives and Legal Department IBM, RTP, NC 1997 – 2012
Provided administrative support for Directors and Vice Presidents.
• Maintained accurate and confidential spreadsheets to track all Employee Charitable Campaign contributions at a departmental and division level in support of the Global Sales Director.
• Managed complex calendars, prioritized and confirmed meeting arrangements to make the executives’ job easier and ensure a more efficient use of time for the team.
• Arranged travel schedules, itineraries, accommodations and managed the processing and reconciliation of travel related expenses to ensure prompt and accurate payment.
• Incorporated financial information into Excel spreadsheets to control costs and operate within budget.
• Prepared and proofed clear and concise written communication documents for Executives’ use.
• Edited and accurately posted reports to confidential databases for the timely access by executives and attorneys to information on external companies, clients, mergers and general follow-ups.
Meeting / Events Planning
• Organized and coordinated corporate and social events for up to 400 employees.
• Volunteered to assist with organizing major site-wide corporate events: Take Our Children to Work Day, Ignite Technical Camps for boys and girls, ACC Spirit Awareness, WDNG, Fast Forward, Family Day, 5K Walks; Green Team, managed registrations, event set-up and break down.
• Managed all logistics for departmental monthly “All Hands” and other large meetings for Executives; coordinated date, agenda, location, AV needs, charts / speakers, and follow-up surveys to ensure successful events.
• Ensured a professional image was maintained when coordinating all aspects of both off-site and on-site meetings with external clients e.g. Partner World, Architect Security meetings, Business Partner meetings, HQ Sr. Executive Board meetings, and Legal.
• Developed mutually beneficial customer relationships and interfaced effectively with internal and external clients by focusing on delivering quality service and customer satisfaction.
• Built solid customer relationships by receiving and placing telephone calls with internal and external customers answering questions and concerns with speed and professionalism.
• Clarified and resolved customer issues through the use of research and fact finding.
• Utilized flexibility, adaptability, and good business judgment when interacting with customers.
BA in History/ Political Science
MS Office, Lotus Notes, Internet - google, yahoo
EDUCATION / TRAINING
BA, History and Political Science, St. Xavier’s College, Bombay, India, Certificate in Food Writing, Duke Event Development. Course
Seminars/Conferences: Administrative, Diversity Awareness, Negotiation Skills, Team Enablement
COMMUNITY Volunteer: Inter-Faith work, Rex Hospital, UNC TV, Habitat for Humanity, Church organization