Law Office of Attorney Richard R. Rashid
April 2012 to Present
Assist in all aspects of civil litigation practice including, but not limited to: client meetings and initial interview; attending and preparing for depositions; trial preparation and attending trials; strategy for the handling of multiple personal injury cases; reviewing and analyzing legal arguments of opposing counsel; and negotiating liens asserted against clients
• Research issues surrounding traumatic brain injuries, PIP liability, and liability of rental car agencies as vehicle owners in no-fault states
• Draft legal documents such as memoranda; settlement and mediation summaries; engagement letters; and correspondence letters to clients, opposing counsel, and other interested parties
• Draft pleadings such as complaints, trial briefs, case evaluation briefs, motions, responses to motions, interrogatories and document requests, witness lists, jury demands, and deposition notices and questions
Matchmaker and Sales Representative
August 2009 to August 2011
Conducted sales of matchmaking programs, strategically matched clients based on the compatibility criteria the company uses, and client interaction and follow-up after dates and weddings
Juris Doctor in Law
Bachelor of Arts in Spanish and Portuguese
• Fluent in Mexican and South American Spanish.
• Fluent in Brazilian Portuguese.
• Elementary level of Persian reading, vocabulary, and writing
• Elementary level of Italian and French reading.
• Training in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Training with Westlaw and Lexis.
• Certified mediator through Resolution Services in Lansing, Michigan.