Customer Service Representative
2012 to 2013
Verify and fill in essential information in the medical record
• Enter patient demographics and insurance information into the system
• Confirm appointments and get referral information, verify insurance coverage.
• Notify the medical assistant when a patient is ready. Maintain appointment schedules. Check in patients.
• Processed charge tickets accurately as patients exit the clinic.
• Determined suitable fee for services rendered and calculated totals.
• Collected right amount from patients, and correctly recorded information.
• Helped disable and patients with physical difficulties
• Welcome patients, families and visitors.
• Screened calls and visitors. Took messages and provided routine information.
• Maintain appointment schedules
2005 to 2012
Scheduled appointments for patients according to established procedures and following up to obtain results. Collected and posted fees according to protocols.
• Maintained forms and office supplies required for front desk. Responsible for sanitary conditions of patient rooms and inspected equipment for sign of damage.
• Assured the readiness of the reception area, opening the building at the designated time and having all front desk activities full operational at the start of the business hours.
• Maintained open lines of communication between patients, physician, staff, and laboratory personnel.
Law Office Receptionist
2003 to 2005
Managed a high volume switchboard in a courteous and professional manner. Entered number of daily calls and e-mails routed to the call center into a spreadsheet, route and record.
• Opened and distributed mail. Served as a personal assistant to head of firm, arranging his personal and professional calendar, travel itinerary, and the screening of all calls/e-mails, and voice mails. Booked conference rooms and update employee listing. Scheduled appointments and meetings
• Provided legal secretarial support for major New Orleans Firm consisting of six attorneys and six paralegals. Duties included word processing skills, composing cover letters, and filing. Entertain clients while they awaited their appointments.
1990 to 2002
Attended day to day administrative functions which included preparation of patient charts, greeting, assisting, and comforting patients as they prepared to see the physician. Graciously assisted departing patients with follow-up visits and/or referrals to other medical doctors or exams.
• Answered and screened busy switchboard and the direction of each call to the appropriate department. Privy to confidential information on a regular basis. Checking inventory and ordering supplies. Observed and upheld strict regulations with outside messengers.
• Proficient in a large volume of incoming calls/e-mails and responding to them within a 24 hour time period. Able to interact effectively and in a supportive manner with persons of all ages and backgrounds.
• Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize and work well under pressure with minimal or no supervision. Excellent organizational, time management, and follow through skills.
• MS Office Applications, and able to learn proprietary systems/applications quickly and easily. Maintained all record-keeping procedures without error. Experience in handling confidential paperwork.